27 August 2007, 15:56
Russian scientist predicts appearance of a new human being to live 200 years
Moscow, August 27, Interfax - Valeria Praid, a member of the Russian Transhumanistic Movement and expert of the Russian Academy of Sciences’ center for civilization studies, believes the time is at hand when a ‘post-human’ will appear on the earth, endowed with abilities supernatural by today’s standards.
‘The one called human being today will be ‘retarded human being’ in 20 or 30 years’ time. The genetic engineering, nanotechnology, neuro-pharmaceutics, artificial limbs and direct ‘brain-machine’ interfaces will develop so much as to allow the creation of a post-human. His abilities will exceed ours’ tenfold’, she said in an interview published by the Profil magazine on Monday.
According to Praid, the appearance of the new human being is a matter of time. ‘It can’t be otherwise. He is already forming, but spontaneously’. Speaking on immortality, she claimed to be an atheist and said, ‘when dying, a person decomposes and moves on nowhere’.
‘We are not speaking of immortality but rather of a radical, up to 200 years, prolongation of lifetime, which can be produced by super-technologies’, Praid said.
She also suggested that much fewer people will go to Egypt or Turkey for holidays. ‘People will just push a button to see the Piramide of Heops before them with a hot African or Mediterranean winds screening... You see, the resources will broaden. Everyone will decide where to go virtually and where to go really, for instance, to space’, Praid believes.
- Stavropol to host 3rd Forum of World Russian People's Council 26 November 2014, 10:30
- Anti-Semitic inscription appeared on the building of a Moscow center for Torah studies 25 November 2014, 16:42
- CIS-led intl court could investigate Ukraine religious crimes - Russian rights activist 25 November 2014, 15:09
- Tajik Islamists use Moscow as a crossing point between Tajikistan and Syria 25 November 2014, 13:48
- Patriarchal Commission against full ban on physical methods of upbringing children in family 25 November 2014, 12:56
- Russian priest suggests banning Wahhabism, Nazism and aggressive neo-paganism 24 November 2014, 17:46
- Church in the Donetsk Region shelled 24 November 2014, 17:34
- Humanitarian help to restore churches will be conveyed to the DNR 24 November 2014, 12:16
- Russia to invite OSCE to address condition of Christians in Mideast - Lavrov 24 November 2014, 10:08
- Moscow accuses UN mission in ignoring takeovers of churches and threats against priests in eastern Ukraine 24 November 2014, 10:04
- Zvyagintsev's Leviathan wins Golden Frog at Camerimage festival 24 November 2014, 10:03
- Russia, U.S. must melt ice in relationship, overcome global crises - Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2014, 19:02
- At least 50 churches were damaged in military action in Ukraine - Russian expert 21 November 2014, 18:20
- Uniates following UOC hierarchs distanced from memorandum for the Local Church 21 November 2014, 16:03
- Moscow wants Islamic world disagreements resolved - Russian foreign minister 21 November 2014, 12:14
- Putin, patriarch unveil monument to Alexander I outside Kremlin 21 November 2014, 10:02
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54
- Moscow denounces deadly attack on Jerusalem synagogue - Foreign Ministry 19 November 2014, 10:01
- Religions play key role in maintaining peace and stability - Azeri leader 18 November 2014, 11:26
- Residents in south Moscow voluntarily refuse parking lots to build a church 17 November 2014, 17:59
- Wars in Muslim countries stem from poverty, lack of education - leader of CIS' only legal Islamic party 17 November 2014, 12:07
- Russian patriarch urges Serbs to cherish brotherly unity with Russian people 17 November 2014, 11:01
- Russian, Serbian patriarchs sanctify monument to Nicholas II in Belgrade 17 November 2014, 10:55
- Patriarch Kirill calls to stop violations of rights, liberties of Serbian population of Kosovo 17 November 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes attempts to rewrite history of Serbia, former USSR 17 November 2014, 10:15