27 August 2007, 15:56
Russian scientist predicts appearance of a new human being to live 200 years
Moscow, August 27, Interfax - Valeria Praid, a member of the Russian Transhumanistic Movement and expert of the Russian Academy of Sciences’ center for civilization studies, believes the time is at hand when a ‘post-human’ will appear on the earth, endowed with abilities supernatural by today’s standards.
‘The one called human being today will be ‘retarded human being’ in 20 or 30 years’ time. The genetic engineering, nanotechnology, neuro-pharmaceutics, artificial limbs and direct ‘brain-machine’ interfaces will develop so much as to allow the creation of a post-human. His abilities will exceed ours’ tenfold’, she said in an interview published by the Profil magazine on Monday.
According to Praid, the appearance of the new human being is a matter of time. ‘It can’t be otherwise. He is already forming, but spontaneously’. Speaking on immortality, she claimed to be an atheist and said, ‘when dying, a person decomposes and moves on nowhere’.
‘We are not speaking of immortality but rather of a radical, up to 200 years, prolongation of lifetime, which can be produced by super-technologies’, Praid said.
She also suggested that much fewer people will go to Egypt or Turkey for holidays. ‘People will just push a button to see the Piramide of Heops before them with a hot African or Mediterranean winds screening... You see, the resources will broaden. Everyone will decide where to go virtually and where to go really, for instance, to space’, Praid believes.
- Russian Orthodox Church calls Khodorkovsky pardon "act of mercy" 20 December 2013, 17:33
- MHG head sees Khodorkovsky as spiritual leader, compares him with Gandhi, Sakharov and Havel 20 December 2013, 13:52
- Regular religious services are conducted only in half of Moscow's 958 Orthodox churches 20 December 2013, 13:23
- Pardoning Pussy Riot is not reconsidering court ruling – Putin 19 December 2013, 15:21
- Patriarch Kirill urges safety of clergy 19 December 2013, 10:10
- Russian Orthodox, Catholic churches concur on many issues - patriarch 19 December 2013, 10:01
- Head of Russian Jewish organization slams EU "pressure" on Ukraine 18 December 2013, 10:03
- Meeting of Pope, Patriarch is historical event, requires detailed preparations - Vatican 17 December 2013, 10:01
- Kyrgyzstan arrests 8 members of Hizb ut-Tahrir 16 December 2013, 10:10
- Ukraine not prepared to legalize same-sex "marriages", as demanded by EU - Azarov 16 December 2013, 10:00
- Gifts of the Magi relic from Mount Athos to visit Russia, Belarus and Ukraine 13 December 2013, 14:10
- Moscow concerned about Islamist insurgents seizing military warehouses in northern Syria 13 December 2013, 10:01
- Investigators intend to question Grozovsky lawyer as witness 13 December 2013, 10:00
- Five men suspected of setting fire to churches in Tatarstan turn out to be Islamists 12 December 2013, 17:01
- Yanukovich invites reps of all political forces, clergy to have dialog 12 December 2013, 10:00
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39