27 August 2007, 15:56
Russian scientist predicts appearance of a new human being to live 200 years
Moscow, August 27, Interfax - Valeria Praid, a member of the Russian Transhumanistic Movement and expert of the Russian Academy of Sciences’ center for civilization studies, believes the time is at hand when a ‘post-human’ will appear on the earth, endowed with abilities supernatural by today’s standards.
‘The one called human being today will be ‘retarded human being’ in 20 or 30 years’ time. The genetic engineering, nanotechnology, neuro-pharmaceutics, artificial limbs and direct ‘brain-machine’ interfaces will develop so much as to allow the creation of a post-human. His abilities will exceed ours’ tenfold’, she said in an interview published by the Profil magazine on Monday.
According to Praid, the appearance of the new human being is a matter of time. ‘It can’t be otherwise. He is already forming, but spontaneously’. Speaking on immortality, she claimed to be an atheist and said, ‘when dying, a person decomposes and moves on nowhere’.
‘We are not speaking of immortality but rather of a radical, up to 200 years, prolongation of lifetime, which can be produced by super-technologies’, Praid said.
She also suggested that much fewer people will go to Egypt or Turkey for holidays. ‘People will just push a button to see the Piramide of Heops before them with a hot African or Mediterranean winds screening... You see, the resources will broaden. Everyone will decide where to go virtually and where to go really, for instance, to space’, Praid believes.
- Russians are against religious cartoons - poll 28 January 2015, 17:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about church arsons in Ukraine 28 January 2015, 14:17
- Rabbi Lazar thanks WWII veterans for saving world from fascism 28 January 2015, 10:02
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03
- Bishkek rally demands ban on Prophet Muhammad cartoons 20 January 2015, 13:53
- Israeli court orders priest Grozovsky extradition to Russia, defense planning to appeal 19 January 2015, 18:02
- Body of Georgian priest killed in fire on Norman Atlantic ferry taken to Georgia 19 January 2015, 17:00
- Over 1 million people take part in rally protesting cartoons of Prophet Muhammad held in Grozny 19 January 2015, 14:50
- Moscow Muslims see no sense in holding anti-caricature protest 19 January 2015, 10:08
- Russian lawmaker wants budget funding recovered from Leviathan film director 19 January 2015, 10:05
- Georgian Orthodox Church condemns Prophet Muhammad caricatures 19 January 2015, 10:04