27 August 2007, 15:56
Russian scientist predicts appearance of a new human being to live 200 years
Moscow, August 27, Interfax - Valeria Praid, a member of the Russian Transhumanistic Movement and expert of the Russian Academy of Sciences’ center for civilization studies, believes the time is at hand when a ‘post-human’ will appear on the earth, endowed with abilities supernatural by today’s standards.
‘The one called human being today will be ‘retarded human being’ in 20 or 30 years’ time. The genetic engineering, nanotechnology, neuro-pharmaceutics, artificial limbs and direct ‘brain-machine’ interfaces will develop so much as to allow the creation of a post-human. His abilities will exceed ours’ tenfold’, she said in an interview published by the Profil magazine on Monday.
According to Praid, the appearance of the new human being is a matter of time. ‘It can’t be otherwise. He is already forming, but spontaneously’. Speaking on immortality, she claimed to be an atheist and said, ‘when dying, a person decomposes and moves on nowhere’.
‘We are not speaking of immortality but rather of a radical, up to 200 years, prolongation of lifetime, which can be produced by super-technologies’, Praid said.
She also suggested that much fewer people will go to Egypt or Turkey for holidays. ‘People will just push a button to see the Piramide of Heops before them with a hot African or Mediterranean winds screening... You see, the resources will broaden. Everyone will decide where to go virtually and where to go really, for instance, to space’, Praid believes.
- In order to come to Russia Dalai Lama must quit politics - Lavrov 28 August 2014, 10:13
- Wahhabism supporters use Internet to campaign for extremism - Kadyrov 26 August 2014, 17:47
- Kadyrov asks clergy to resist early marriages in Chechnya 26 August 2014, 14:58
- Yamalo-Nenets authorities deny violations of Muslims' rights at local prison 26 August 2014, 14:57
- Russian social network VK says Islamic State accounts blocked 26 August 2014, 10:05
- Church burns down in Donetsk as shell hits is - diocese 26 August 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill again calls on UN, Council of Europe, OSCE to help stop fighting in Ukraine 25 August 2014, 17:08
- Ukrainian army deliberately targets orthodox churches - archbishop of Gorlovka 25 August 2014, 16:55
- Pope Francis sends greetings to Ukraine on Independence Day 25 August 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill asks Poroshenko to stop war, prays for its victims 25 August 2014, 10:16
- Shell damages Donetsk mosque 22 August 2014, 14:20
- Islamists killing of U.S. reporter Foley is barbaric - Moscow 22 August 2014, 11:21
- Historical muftiate revived in Crimea 22 August 2014, 11:09
- Ukrainian shell hits church in central Lugansk 21 August 2014, 16:21
- Clerics bless humanitarian aid sent to Ukraine 21 August 2014, 13:44
- Twice as many churches to be built in Moscow in frames of Program 200 20 August 2014, 13:25
- Church from Moscow Program-200 can be included in world’s five masterpieces of mosaic art 20 August 2014, 13:21
- Patriarch Kirill demands intl protection of Orthodox Christians in Ukraine 20 August 2014, 10:13
- Deputy mufti murder in Vladikavkaz 18 August 2014, 11:42
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church urges gunmen in eastern Ukraine to lay down arms 18 August 2014, 10:06
- Patriarch Kirill: Uniates, schismatics seeking to eradicate Orthodoxy in Ukraine 18 August 2014, 10:05
- Patriarch Kirill sends greetings to Metropolitan Onufry 18 August 2014, 10:03
- Metropolitan Onufry enthroned as primate of Ukrainian Church 18 August 2014, 10:01
- Court suspends Kharkov authorities' resolution giving Russian senator title of Kharkiv freeman for building churches 15 August 2014, 12:50
- N. Korea's missile test-launch not connected with arrival of Pope Francis in Seoul - Pyongyang 15 August 2014, 12:43
- Far-right groups threaten Kiev Region priest with reprisals 15 August 2014, 11:54
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church ready for dialogue with "Kiev Patriarchate", Autocephalous Church 15 August 2014, 11:05
- Production of Kosher food boosts thanks to sanctions 15 August 2014, 10:04
- Leaders of Jamaat Ansarullah Tajik wing killed in Afghanistan 15 August 2014, 10:03
- Rabbi calls for terrorists in Iraq, Syria to be ruthlessly killed, their sponsors tried in The Hague 15 August 2014, 10:01