31 August 2007, 12:32
Author of monograph on royal family’s death: the remains recently discovered near Yekaterinburg are authentic
Moscow, August 31, Interfax - Ivan Plotnikov, a scholar from the Urals who wrote a monograph entitled Historical Truth. The Death of the Royal Family, is convinced that the remains discovered recently in Porosyonkov Log are those of Nicholas II’s children, Crown Prince Alexey and Princess Maria.
In his interview with the Rossijskaya Gazeta daily published on Friday, Plotnikov related that examining many years ago the cell of the regional museum located across the street from the Ipatyev’s house, he found photographs made in the Porosyonkov Log. One of them shows Pyotr Yermakov, one of the executers, standing on the footbridge where the supposed remains of the nine members of the royal family were to be found later.
“There is a white shred on the photograph marking some place and it is written ungrammatically in his (Yermakov’s) handwriting on its reversed side: ‘This is the place wherein the romanovs are plant’. At that very moment I figured out that the search should start from that place”, the historian said.
He also said there are ‘at least three reliable sources’ which prove that ‘all the bodies were buried in the same Porosyonkov Log’.
‘These are the so-called Yurovsky’s Note written in 1920, his memoirs of 1922 and the shorthand record of his address to a Bolshevik meeting in 1934. All the three evidences essentially suggest the same’, Plotnikov believes.
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11
- Metropolitan Hilarion speaks of risks of start of third world war 16 November 2020, 11:09
- Russian Orthodox Church expects Biden to stop supporting abortion, sex change operations 16 November 2020, 10:49
- Spiritual Muslim Board of Russia denies existence of overwhelming support for ban on marrying non-Muslim women 11 November 2020, 19:21
- Novosibirsk court outlaws Khakassia branch of Chinese sect Falun Gong for first time in Russia 10 November 2020, 15:32
- Coronavirus-induced self-isolation helps reduce ethnic and religious violence - human rights activist 10 November 2020, 10:23
- Moscow religious organizations have weak influence on local migrants - mufti 10 November 2020, 10:21
- Performance artist posing as Christ detained near FSB headquarters in Moscow 06 November 2020, 10:25
- Putin said inadmissible to hurt feelings of believers, to allow extremism - Peskov 05 November 2020, 13:29
- Russian Orthodox Church warns against danger of unsanctioned exorcism 05 November 2020, 10:40
- Patriarch Kirill mourns over victims of Vienna terrorist attack 05 November 2020, 10:38
- Inter-ethnic relations situation exacerbated in several countries, Russia must not allow this - Putin 05 November 2020, 10:37
- Putin backs idea of int'l ban on insulting religious feelings 05 November 2020, 10:33
- Russia's Chief Rabbi Lazar opposed to phrase 'Islamic terrorism' 03 November 2020, 19:00
- Freedom of speech mustn't hurt religious feelings - Russia's Matviyenko 03 November 2020, 18:27
- Lukashenko calls on Catholic Church to play constructive role in Belarus 03 November 2020, 15:56
- Expert on Islam calls the terrorist attack in Vienna an echo of the caricature scandal in France 03 November 2020, 13:00
- People illegally held in village church parish in Russia's Ivanovo Region, criminal case opened 03 November 2020, 12:16