30 November 2007, 16:53
Russian Orthodox Church will answer the letter of 138 Muslim’s leaders
Moscow, November 30, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations completes a response to the letter of the 138 Muslim leaders, the priest Georgy Roschin, an officer of the DECR, reported to the Interfax-Religion website on Friday. The letter was sent to leaders of the main Christian confessions.
Roman Silantyev, Secretary of the Synod Group of the Russian Orthodox Church, marked a friendly character of the letter and gave a positive assessment of its contribution in developing of Christian-Muslims relations. The Synod Group of the Russian Orthodox Church drafts a conceptual document that states a position of Russian Church in Interreligious relations.
"It is pleasant that the 137 Muslim theologians and the Moscow mufti, Ravil Gainutdin do not offer compromises but call on us to study each other and to have an honest dialogue," Silantyev said.
He thinks that in Christian-Muslim dialogue there is still a myth about each other, and that myth should be unmasked in the first place.
"In my opinion, a response letters of Christian theologians and following discussion will help many Muslims abandon a misunderstanding that the Christian trust in three Gods, practise idolatry and use the distorted Holy Scripture," Silantyev said.
On October, 11 the 138 Muslim scientists and theologians of different countries forwarded a 29 pages official letter to the 28 Christian leaders with an invitation to a dialogue based on the common values of Islam and Christianity.
- Synod of Ukraine's new Church deprives Filaret of right to run Kiev Diocese 24 June 2019, 17:53
- Underground church discovered in Moldavia 24 June 2019, 17:49
- Georgian patriarch urges not to make mistakes 24 June 2019, 17:44
- Audience of films showing drugs should be warned of danger – Russian Church 24 June 2019, 14:15
- Georgia's LGBT community postpones march due to tensions 24 June 2019, 11:07
- Head of Georgian delegation in IAO refuses parliamentary mandate following riots in Tbilisi 21 June 2019, 17:37
- Filaret's 'local assembly' shows Constantinople project in Ukraine is not viable - Russian Orthodox Church 20 June 2019, 19:39
- Defense minister accuses U.S. of supporting non-mainstream religious entities in Russia 20 June 2019, 19:07
- Filaret, supporters to leave Ukraine's new church on June 24 - new church of Ukraine 20 June 2019, 19:03
- IAO delegation led by Russian MP leaving Tbilisi early 20 June 2019, 18:58
- Ivanishvili lashes out at organizers of Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy session for electing Russian as chair 20 June 2019, 18:56
- Filaret thinks Ukraine can have 3 Orthodox Churches 20 June 2019, 18:51
- "Kiev Patriarchate" cancels its dissolution 20 June 2019, 18:46
- Georgian president rules out 'Orthodox union' of Georgia and Russia 20 June 2019, 13:40
- Religion section editor of Dagestani newspaper suspected of financing terrorism arrested for 2 months 19 June 2019, 17:14
- Memorial in place of the second biggest burial of the Holocaust victims opened in Caucasus 19 June 2019, 17:09
- The Georgian Church official accuses US acting ambassador of trying to aggravate the situation around LGBT-action in Georgia 18 June 2019, 11:09
- Religion department editor of the Dagestani newspaper detained on suspicion of terrorism financing 17 June 2019, 11:30
- Russian Catholics don’t believe in islamization of Europe 07 June 2019, 15:30
- Leaders, members of 15 Jehovah's Witnesses cells held in Dagestan 07 June 2019, 10:55
- World will be better if people follow Bible, Torah, Koran - Putin 06 June 2019, 18:01
- Russian Catholics urge not to have illusions about possible pontiff's visit to Moscow 06 June 2019, 17:05
- The Russian Orthodox Church is not ready to welcome the Pope of Rome in Moscow 06 June 2019, 16:04
- Putin to meet with Pope Francis 06 June 2019, 14:34
- Russian Jews pray for “lifting up” the soul of the reposed wife of the Israel’s president 06 June 2019, 11:32
- Russia's Jews present country as example of tolerance for Europe 04 June 2019, 18:48
- Remembrance of Great Patriotic War protects Russia from xenophobia, anti-Semitism - Putin 04 June 2019, 17:48
- Putin attends unveiling of monument to heroes of resistance in concentration camps 04 June 2019, 17:41
- Russian Muslim community plays major role in combating extremist ideology - PM Medvedev 04 June 2019, 11:28
- Putin notes Russian Muslims' contribution to peoples' unity, fight against extremism 04 June 2019, 11:25