18 December 2007, 17:03
Orthodox Churches must settle internal disputes before they start dialogue with the Roman-Catholics, Patriarch Alexy II
Moscow, December, 18, Interfax - Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia has called the Local Orthodox Churches not to discuss their own internal disputes and contradictions in the inter-confessional dialogue.
On Tuesday afternoon at the meeting with Metropolitan Christopher of Czech Lands and Slovakia in St. Daniel's Monastery Patriarch Alexy II mentioned that in October in Ravenna the Moscow Patriarchate's delegation abandoned the Joint Orthodox-Catholics Theologian Commission session as a sign of the protest against the participation in it so-called the Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church. The latest was established by the Constantinople Patriarchate on the Estonian territory in 1996, breaking canonical rules of Orthodox Church.
"We think such issues to be settled in a dialogue and not to be discussed in the presence of the Catholics part," said Patriarch Alexy II addressing to Metropolitan Christopher.
Such public discuss, Patriarch said, "makes the wrong image about the Orthodox-Catholics dialogue."
For his part, Metropolitan Christopher marked that the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia "always supported, supports and will support the position of Mother-Church - Russian Orthodox Church."
He reported that the Czech delegation participating in the Commission session in Ravenna reported to Hierarchy of the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia Hierarchy that a "very sad" incident had happened at the session in Ravenna.
"Dialogue's subject is very important, and its break is disappointed at any time," Metropolitan Christopher emphasized.
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia accuses mufti Gainutdin of spreading anti-Semite myths 25 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Muslims provide humanitarian assistance to Syria 25 June 2017, 16:01
- Putin in congratulation on Eid al-Fitr speaks of Muslims' role in maintaining civil peace, accord 25 June 2017, 15:56
- Thousands of Muslims mark Eid al-Fitr in Moscow Cathedral Mosque 25 June 2017, 15:52
- Almost million worshippers bowed to holy remains of St. Nicholas in Moscow 23 June 2017, 11:50
- Moscow City Hall denies authorization for gay pride parade, rally in support of ECHR decision on law banning gay propaganda 22 June 2017, 18:06
- Aliyev repeals ban on religious activity of citizens trained abroad 22 June 2017, 15:30
- Georgian president calls discussion of restoration of monarchy 'strange PR move' 21 June 2017, 17:50
- Amur Region resident sentenced for hosting meetings of banned religious association 21 June 2017, 17:21
- Dodon to go to Mount Athos on vacation 21 June 2017, 17:14
- Number of those who want to be Orthodox priests has significantly grown in Russia 21 June 2017, 15:13
- Aliyev deems social justice to be best protection from religious radicalism 21 June 2017, 10:51
- Russia doesn't persecute LGBT but bans forcing this orientation on children – Lavrov 21 June 2017, 10:14
- Kremlin to look into ECHR judgment on law banning gay propaganda amongst minors, waits to see details 20 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Justice Ministry to appeal ECHR judgment on Russian law banning gay propaganda amongst minors 20 June 2017, 13:28
- Radicalization of Kyrgyz nationals rooted in disregard of religion issues by previous administration - Kyrgyz Security Council secretary 20 June 2017, 13:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 50,000 euros to Russian LGBT community activists 20 June 2017, 13:10
- Georgian patriarch proposes constitutional monarchy 19 June 2017, 10:24
- Kiev gay pride parade participants set upon by group of men three hours after event 19 June 2017, 10:13
- Two policemen sustain minor injuries during LGBT pride parade in Kiev 19 June 2017, 10:02
- The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia urges to remove Lenin's body from the Red Square 19 June 2017, 09:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate remains one of the largest religious organizations in Ukraine - Culture Ministry 14 June 2017, 16:38
- Russia faces Ukraine's resistance in returning St. Alexander representation in Jerusalem 14 June 2017, 11:51
- Russian Church Abroad calls to support its Bethany school for Arabian girls 14 June 2017, 11:38
- According to some data, Lenin was depicted carrying a piece of cross, not log 13 June 2017, 17:52
- Islamic countries can resolve all of their disagreements peacefully – Aliyev 13 June 2017, 14:42
- Moscow Patriarchate takes measures to protect from hacker attacks 13 June 2017, 12:26
- New army church consecrated in Kyrgyz airbase 13 June 2017, 12:06
- Siberian Old Believers teach Chinese offices to survive in taiga 13 June 2017, 10:00
- Nazarbayev hopes Islamic world can reach understanding soon 09 June 2017, 11:02