18 December 2007, 17:03
Orthodox Churches must settle internal disputes before they start dialogue with the Roman-Catholics, Patriarch Alexy II
Moscow, December, 18, Interfax - Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia has called the Local Orthodox Churches not to discuss their own internal disputes and contradictions in the inter-confessional dialogue.
On Tuesday afternoon at the meeting with Metropolitan Christopher of Czech Lands and Slovakia in St. Daniel's Monastery Patriarch Alexy II mentioned that in October in Ravenna the Moscow Patriarchate's delegation abandoned the Joint Orthodox-Catholics Theologian Commission session as a sign of the protest against the participation in it so-called the Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church. The latest was established by the Constantinople Patriarchate on the Estonian territory in 1996, breaking canonical rules of Orthodox Church.
"We think such issues to be settled in a dialogue and not to be discussed in the presence of the Catholics part," said Patriarch Alexy II addressing to Metropolitan Christopher.
Such public discuss, Patriarch said, "makes the wrong image about the Orthodox-Catholics dialogue."
For his part, Metropolitan Christopher marked that the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia "always supported, supports and will support the position of Mother-Church - Russian Orthodox Church."
He reported that the Czech delegation participating in the Commission session in Ravenna reported to Hierarchy of the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia Hierarchy that a "very sad" incident had happened at the session in Ravenna.
"Dialogue's subject is very important, and its break is disappointed at any time," Metropolitan Christopher emphasized.
- Russian Orthodox Church considering accepting Alexandria clergy who don't want to recognize Ukrainian schism 24 September 2021, 17:40
- Patriarch of Constantinople who visited Kiev has no right to speak on behalf of Orthodox world - Russian Church 24 September 2021, 17:24
- Russian Prosecutor General's Office designates two Scientology organizations undesirable 24 September 2021, 16:58
- Five Jehovah's Witnesses convicted in Russia's Volgograd Region 24 September 2021, 10:10
- Court dismisses appeal against forcible treatment of Yakutia shaman Gabyshev 23 September 2021, 15:22
- FJCR calls on Ukrainian authorities to expand definition of anti-Semitism 23 September 2021, 15:18
- Krasny Pakhar Jamaat added to Russian list of terrorist groups 22 September 2021, 16:29
- Ukraine adopts law on fight against anti-Semitism 22 September 2021, 13:38
- Afghanistan must form inclusive govt - SCO summit declaration 17 September 2021, 17:12
- Patriarch Kirill doubts legitimacy of authority of Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople 16 September 2021, 16:38
- Jehovah's Witness jailed for 3 years in Kostroma 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witness from Pskov Region gets suspended sentence 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Putin notes contribution of Jewish religious organizations to interethnic peace, accord 06 September 2021, 14:26
- Metropolitan Hilarion compared Patriarch Bartholomew to a robber and a thief 06 September 2021, 10:52
- Russian Church concerned about the fate of Christians in Afghanistan 06 September 2021, 10:43
- Supporters of radical Islam held in Tula 06 September 2021, 10:36
- Defrocked priest Sergy's supporter remanded in custody – court 02 September 2021, 18:13
- More than 5.5 thousand clerics and monks of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia have been ill with coronavirus 02 September 2021, 14:36
- More than 2.5 million people have visited the Jewish Museum in Moscow during its nine years of operation 02 September 2021, 14:31
- Lithuanian president promises not to allow LGBT history to be taught in schools 02 September 2021, 14:25
- Associate of former schema-hegumen Sergy detained in hatred fanning case 01 September 2021, 15:26
- Complaints about threats from Male State community should be processed by law enforcement agencies - Peskov 31 August 2021, 14:57
- Taliban to present themselves as less radical to get investments – expert 31 August 2021, 13:45
- Russian Justice Ministry adds 4 Ukrainian and Latvian religious movements to list of groups undesirable in Russia 30 August 2021, 18:12
- The church historian called the results of Patriarch Bartholomew's visit to Ukraine deplorable 30 August 2021, 16:04
- More than 500 Orthodox churches to be built in Moscow 30 August 2021, 11:07
- Russian authorities to check the construction of a closed "halal" village near Moscow 30 August 2021, 10:49
- Patriarch Kirill calls the visit of the Constantinople primate to Kiev sinful 30 August 2021, 10:40
- Organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 26 August 2021, 15:55
- Patriarch Bartholomew doesn't attend celebrations on 30th anniversary of Ukraine's independence at Kiev's St. Sophia Cathedral 24 August 2021, 17:51