18 December 2007, 17:03
Orthodox Churches must settle internal disputes before they start dialogue with the Roman-Catholics, Patriarch Alexy II
Moscow, December, 18, Interfax - Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia has called the Local Orthodox Churches not to discuss their own internal disputes and contradictions in the inter-confessional dialogue.
On Tuesday afternoon at the meeting with Metropolitan Christopher of Czech Lands and Slovakia in St. Daniel's Monastery Patriarch Alexy II mentioned that in October in Ravenna the Moscow Patriarchate's delegation abandoned the Joint Orthodox-Catholics Theologian Commission session as a sign of the protest against the participation in it so-called the Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church. The latest was established by the Constantinople Patriarchate on the Estonian territory in 1996, breaking canonical rules of Orthodox Church.
"We think such issues to be settled in a dialogue and not to be discussed in the presence of the Catholics part," said Patriarch Alexy II addressing to Metropolitan Christopher.
Such public discuss, Patriarch said, "makes the wrong image about the Orthodox-Catholics dialogue."
For his part, Metropolitan Christopher marked that the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia "always supported, supports and will support the position of Mother-Church - Russian Orthodox Church."
He reported that the Czech delegation participating in the Commission session in Ravenna reported to Hierarchy of the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia Hierarchy that a "very sad" incident had happened at the session in Ravenna.
"Dialogue's subject is very important, and its break is disappointed at any time," Metropolitan Christopher emphasized.
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22