18 December 2007, 17:03
Orthodox Churches must settle internal disputes before they start dialogue with the Roman-Catholics, Patriarch Alexy II
Moscow, December, 18, Interfax - Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia has called the Local Orthodox Churches not to discuss their own internal disputes and contradictions in the inter-confessional dialogue.
On Tuesday afternoon at the meeting with Metropolitan Christopher of Czech Lands and Slovakia in St. Daniel's Monastery Patriarch Alexy II mentioned that in October in Ravenna the Moscow Patriarchate's delegation abandoned the Joint Orthodox-Catholics Theologian Commission session as a sign of the protest against the participation in it so-called the Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church. The latest was established by the Constantinople Patriarchate on the Estonian territory in 1996, breaking canonical rules of Orthodox Church.
"We think such issues to be settled in a dialogue and not to be discussed in the presence of the Catholics part," said Patriarch Alexy II addressing to Metropolitan Christopher.
Such public discuss, Patriarch said, "makes the wrong image about the Orthodox-Catholics dialogue."
For his part, Metropolitan Christopher marked that the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia "always supported, supports and will support the position of Mother-Church - Russian Orthodox Church."
He reported that the Czech delegation participating in the Commission session in Ravenna reported to Hierarchy of the Orthodox Church of Czech Land and Slovakia Hierarchy that a "very sad" incident had happened at the session in Ravenna.
"Dialogue's subject is very important, and its break is disappointed at any time," Metropolitan Christopher emphasized.
- Christianity is world's most persecuted religion - Patriarch Kirill 17 May 2018, 18:54
- Granting Ukrainian splinter autocephalous church status would be legal nonsense - Metropolitan Hilarion 15 May 2018, 11:58
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes the world has entered the period of a new 'cold war,' presidents of Russia and the USA should sit at negotiating table 14 May 2018, 15:11
- Eco mosque functioning on solar batteries opened in Ukraine 11 May 2018, 17:33
- Establishing of the so-called one local Church in Ukraine will deepen the existing schism, the UOC official believes 11 May 2018, 17:15
- Jewish Day of Salvation and Liberation promotes understanding among people - Putin 10 May 2018, 13:22
- Russia seeks deeper ties with Islamic states - Putin 10 May 2018, 11:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion hopes local Churches will support canonical Church in Ukraine 08 May 2018, 10:38
- Patriarch Kirill wishes Putin health, strength to fulfill presidential tasks 07 May 2018, 16:08
- Metropolitan Onufry: setting up a united local Church in Ukraine will make us second-rate people 07 May 2018, 15:18
- First time in the new history six Jewish couples got married simultaneously 04 May 2018, 18:40
- Metropolitan Hilarion foresees schism in Orthodoxy compared to the Great Schism if Ukrainian schismatics obtain autocephaly 04 May 2018, 12:36
- Suspected organizer of Aum Shinrikyo sect's unit arrested in Moscow 04 May 2018, 10:33
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not share Patriarch Bartholomew's opinion about inevitable unification of Churches 03 May 2018, 11:17
- Catholicos of All Armenians, Armenian protest leader discuss ways of resolving crisis in country 28 April 2018, 11:07
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for Putin-Trump summit to promote world peace 23 April 2018, 15:09
- Kiev envoy goes to Istanbul with request on Ukrainian autocephaly for Ecumenical patriarch 20 April 2018, 17:35
- Catholicos of All Armenians urges protestors, police to exercise restraints 19 April 2018, 18:24
- Metropolitan Hilarion on situation in Ukraine: secular administration cannot initiate creation of autocephalous Church (updated) 19 April 2018, 14:41
- Rada speaker hopes for approval of autocephalous Ukrainian Orthodox Church by late July 19 April 2018, 14:37
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's autocephaly is geopolitical issue – Poroshenko 19 April 2018, 14:20
- Actions aimed at dividing church are not welcome - Peskov on situation in Ukraine 19 April 2018, 12:52
- Poroshenko to phone Patriarch Bartholomew to discuss autocephaly of Ukrainian Orthodox Church 19 April 2018, 12:43
- Rada backs Poroshenko request for Ecumenical Patriarch on setting up autocephalous local Orthodox Church in Ukraine (updated) 19 April 2018, 12:04
- Identical monuments to St. John of Kronstadt will be set up in Russia, USA and Germany 18 April 2018, 19:57
- Syrian mufti plans visit to Russia 18 April 2018, 12:10
- Unity of Russian Orthodox Church must be supported by all Orthodox Churches - Metropolitan Hilarion (updated) 17 April 2018, 20:00
- The Moscow Patriarchate official urges to pray for not allowing World War III 17 April 2018, 18:58
- Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis urge world leaders to relieve tensions in international relations 17 April 2018, 18:15
- Head of House of Romanov suggests waiting patiently for results of comprehensive analysis of "Yekaterinburg remains" 16 April 2018, 10:17