22 January 2008, 17:12
Suspected remains of tsar's children still being studied
Yekaterinburg, January 22, Interfax - Forensic scientists have come to a preliminary conclusion that body fragments unearthed near a country road in summer 2007 are "with a great degree of probability" the remains of the son and one of the daughters of last Russian tsar Nicholas II.
The remains, fragments of the bodies of a boy aged between 10 and 14 and a woman of 20 bearing marks of homicide, were buried by the side of the Staraya Koptyakovskaya Road near Yekaterinburg, the city where a Bolshevik firing squad put Nicholas, his family and some members of his entourage to death in July 1918.
The Sverdlovsk Regional Forensic Medicine Bureau and a lab in Moscow began genetic investigations of the remains late in December 2007. The bureau chief said it would be impossible to finish the studies by the start of February, an initial deadline. "I can't say exactly how much time will be needed," Nikolay Nevolin told Interfax.
The bureau does have some findings.
However, "we are by no means publicizing them," Nevolin said.
"The investigations that have been done so far don't give us any reason to question anything. There are results that are being obtained step by step, but all comments will come after the Russian side and an independent lab finish their investigations. So far everything is going normally," he said.
- Crimean Diocese of Ukrainian Orthodox Church has solidarity with Metropolitan Onufry 16 November 2018, 19:11
- Local church being created is political organization - Metropolitan Onufry 16 November 2018, 16:40
- Vinnitsa clergy refuse to follow their archbishop into 'local' church 16 November 2018, 15:22
- FSB searches apartments of Jehovah's Witnesses members in Crimea's Dzhankoy 16 November 2018, 11:00
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's Metropolitan Simeon to attend "unification" council - media 15 November 2018, 22:20
- U.S. embassy concerned by Kiev's St. Andrew Church attack 15 November 2018, 19:25
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church warns of schemes using its bishops' signatures at unification assembly 15 November 2018, 15:46
- Unknown individuals attack St. Andrew's Church, transferred to Ecumenical Patriarchate, in Kiev 15 November 2018, 15:34
- Dissenting bishops of canonical Ukrainian Church might ignore 'unifying assembly' - Metropolitan Hilarion 15 November 2018, 14:56
- Constantinople deceiving supporters of Ukrainian autocephaly - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 15 November 2018, 12:11
- "Kiev Patriarchate" may nominate Filaret for head of new church 15 November 2018, 12:02
- Date of unification assembly not known yet - "Kiev Patriarchate" 15 November 2018, 11:10
- Upcoming 'uniting' assembly in Ukraine to have negligible canonical consequences - Russian Orthodox Church 14 November 2018, 21:58
- "Unification" council to be held in Ukraine on Nov 22 - media (updated) 14 November 2018, 21:54
- Poroshenko had angry phone call with Metropolitan Onufry - media 14 November 2018, 15:36
- Poroshenko administration refuses to show journalists agreement with Patriarch Bartholomew 14 November 2018, 13:58
- Ukrainian state to protect right to choose church jurisdiction - Poroshenko to Ukrainian hierarchs of Moscow Patriarchate 14 November 2018, 11:15
- Metropolitan Hilarion, Deputy Foreign Minister Karasin discuss Syria's humanitarian crisis, Christians' protection 14 November 2018, 11:08
- Duma proposes drawing up map of Greek churches, monasteries Russian Orthodox believers can visit 14 November 2018, 11:05
- Poroshenko phones Metropolitan Onufry, surprised why archbishops did not come - source 13 November 2018, 21:27
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church eagerly wants to protect its name - Bishop's Council 13 November 2018, 20:00
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church bishops refuse to take part in creation of autocephalous church 13 November 2018, 19:25
- Archbishops' Council of Moscow Patriarchate's Ukrainian Orthodox Church ready to meet with Ukrainian president, but on church soil - statement 13 November 2018, 19:05
- Poroshenko no-show at Kiev Monastery of the Caves to meet with Ukrainian Church clergy 13 November 2018, 17:13
- Metropolitan of Kiev denounces attempts to turn church into 'political tool' 13 November 2018, 17:03
- Chernigov clergy remain committed to canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 13 November 2018, 16:59
- Zhitomir Diocese supports Metropolitan Onufry 13 November 2018, 10:49
- Serbian Church Council denounces Constantinople's actions in Ukraine 12 November 2018, 18:41
- Putin stresses importance of friendly relations between Russia, Muslim countries 12 November 2018, 15:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church not to participate in unifying assembly – chancellor 12 November 2018, 13:29