01 April 2008, 13:41
Vatican sets to making Kosovo Catholic
Moscow, April 1, Interfax – The Vatican's missionaries got down to their plans to convert Kosovars in Catholicism, an article published in the Profile magazine reads.
It cites Kosovo Catholic bishop Dode Gjergji speaking before European democratic parties' officials in Brussels as he called Kosovo Muslims Islamized Catholics converted in Islam by terror.
Later in the American Congress he stressed again that absolute majority of Kosovars were "pro-Christian" and thus were "pro-European and pro-American."
Catholicizing Kosovo with its 3% of Catholics, its "cultural baptism" (this is how Gjergji calls his mission in the region) will provide Pristine with "a European ID card" and calm down European public opinion concerned with Islamic intervention in the continent, the author says.
"It's quite evident that Vatican has actively participated in the anti-Serbian game throughout Yugoslavian history thus fulfilling its global task of proselytism in the East of Europe," the article reads.
Its author claims that "these longstanding plans made use of historical situations, wars and cooperation with Tito's totalitarian regime. Yugoslavia only formally was hostile to pontificate as if preventing the latter from execution of its old missionary plans."
In the first half of the 20th century Vatican signed the Concordat with the government in Belgrade which declared the kingdom of Yugoslavia a state of mission. No other European state allowed Vatican to impose such definitions after World War I, the author notes.
After Yugoslavian president Josip Broz Tito died, Vatican was one of the first to back up Yugoslavia's separatism and formation of independent Catholic republics in 1980s.
- Presidents of Russia, Israel agree to continue departmental contacts regarding Jewish Agency for Israel 09 August 2022, 13:49
- Pope Francis holds lengthy meeting with head of Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept 05 August 2022, 16:49
- 'Foreign ministers' of Russian Orthodox Church, Holy See meet in Vatican 04 August 2022, 16:44
- Zelensky tasks PM with considering legalization of same-sex marriages in Ukraine 03 August 2022, 14:38
- Pope to pay visit to Kazakhstan on Sept 13-15 01 August 2022, 13:55
- Kremlin refuses to comment on situation surrounding Jewish Agency for Israel 29 July 2022, 14:48
- Patriarch Kirill describes all Orthodox Ukrainians as children of Russian Orthodox Church 28 July 2022, 22:27
- Russian State Duma speaker says is certain bills banning propaganda of non-traditional values will be adopted 28 July 2022, 11:39
- Russian Church views Patriarch Kirill's ban on entry to Lithuania as abandoning European legal tradition 27 July 2022, 19:28
- Patriarch Kirill banned from entering Lithuania until 2027 27 July 2022, 18:15
- FJCR claims that they have not received notifications about the closure 27 July 2022, 14:25
- The return of Alexander Metochin to Russia outside the competence of the Jewish community – FJCR 27 July 2022, 14:18
- Israel ready for talks with Russia on Jewish Agency situation – PM 27 July 2022, 14:10
- Russian Church doubles the number of its clerics in Africa in seven months 27 July 2022, 11:33
- Situation surrounding Jewish Agency for Israel in Russia should not be politicized - Kremlin 26 July 2022, 17:27
- Russian court asked to declare Tajik Islamic Renaissance Party terrorist organization 25 July 2022, 18:13
- Person behind blast at Orthodox school in Russia's Serpukhov given 13-year term 25 July 2022, 15:47
- Blast rocks church in Syria at its inauguration ceremony 25 July 2022, 11:41
- Orthodox Church of Jerusalem urges West to stop attacks on Patriarch Kirill 22 July 2022, 21:40
- Intention to close down Jewish Agency for Israel in Russia linked not to 'brain drain', but to compliance with Russian laws - Kremlin 22 July 2022, 18:10
- The Federation of Jewish Communities concerned about plans to eliminate Sochnut in Russia 22 July 2022, 18:06
- Tajik president warns of danger of religious extremism ideology 21 July 2022, 17:28
- Russian Justice Ministry's Moscow branch seeks to shut down Jewish Agency for Israel 21 July 2022, 15:40
- Tretyakov Gallery dismisses as 'premature' talk about time of Rublev's Trinity return on permanent display 19 July 2022, 19:39
- Rublev's Trinity icon returned from Trinity Lavra to Tretyakov Gallery with no signs of deterioration 19 July 2022, 16:05
- Bill banning propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 18 July 2022, 16:41
- Rublev's Trinity icon delivered to Trinity Lavra in special climate-controlled display case 18 July 2022, 10:07
- Rublev's Trinity icon delivered to Trinity Lavra for first time since 1917 Revolution 18 July 2022, 10:02
- Putin signs into law bill setting up state databank of extremist materials 14 July 2022, 16:52
- Kyrgyz special services claim to have prevented terrorist on Eid al-Adha in Bishkek 12 July 2022, 17:02