25 April 2008, 13:05
Moscow gays fight for the right to hold five parades a day in May
Moscow, April 25, Interfax – Organizer of the Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev stated that his associates would hold five marches a day all May through to support the rights of sex minorities.
“We plan to inform Moscow authorities that we hold five gay marches a day till the end of May,” Alexeyev told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, “the strategy and tactics” of the Moscow gay parade organizational committee have changed and from May 1 Moscow will live through a month of gay parade.”
“We will give five notifications to Moscow government for each day in May to hold marches in central streets of the city at various time,” Alexeyev said.
The gay parade enthusiast also promised to keep on fighting with the city’s authorities in courts for their refusal to sex minorities in holding public events in the center of Moscow in 2006 and 2007.
“We want European Themis to know that homosexuals in Moscow lack a possibility to express their opinion publicly any day, any way, any time and at any street,” the interviewee of the agency stated.
He reminded that claims of gays and lesbians against Moscow authorities on banning gay parade were transferred to the European court in Strasbourg, though the decision on them was not taken yet.
- Crimea does not need sexual minorities - Aksyonov 02 September 2014, 17:56
- Russian school in Bethlehem to strengthen Russian-Palestinian ties - Putin 02 September 2014, 10:01
- In order to come to Russia Dalai Lama must quit politics - Lavrov 28 August 2014, 10:13
- Wahhabism supporters use Internet to campaign for extremism - Kadyrov 26 August 2014, 17:47
- Kadyrov asks clergy to resist early marriages in Chechnya 26 August 2014, 14:58
- Yamalo-Nenets authorities deny violations of Muslims' rights at local prison 26 August 2014, 14:57
- Russian social network VK says Islamic State accounts blocked 26 August 2014, 10:05
- Church burns down in Donetsk as shell hits is - diocese 26 August 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill again calls on UN, Council of Europe, OSCE to help stop fighting in Ukraine 25 August 2014, 17:08
- Ukrainian army deliberately targets orthodox churches - archbishop of Gorlovka 25 August 2014, 16:55
- Pope Francis sends greetings to Ukraine on Independence Day 25 August 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill asks Poroshenko to stop war, prays for its victims 25 August 2014, 10:16
- Shell damages Donetsk mosque 22 August 2014, 14:20
- Islamists killing of U.S. reporter Foley is barbaric - Moscow 22 August 2014, 11:21
- Historical muftiate revived in Crimea 22 August 2014, 11:09
- Ukrainian shell hits church in central Lugansk 21 August 2014, 16:21
- Clerics bless humanitarian aid sent to Ukraine 21 August 2014, 13:44
- Twice as many churches to be built in Moscow in frames of Program 200 20 August 2014, 13:25
- Church from Moscow Program-200 can be included in world’s five masterpieces of mosaic art 20 August 2014, 13:21
- Patriarch Kirill demands intl protection of Orthodox Christians in Ukraine 20 August 2014, 10:13
- Deputy mufti murder in Vladikavkaz 18 August 2014, 11:42
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church urges gunmen in eastern Ukraine to lay down arms 18 August 2014, 10:06
- Patriarch Kirill: Uniates, schismatics seeking to eradicate Orthodoxy in Ukraine 18 August 2014, 10:05
- Patriarch Kirill sends greetings to Metropolitan Onufry 18 August 2014, 10:03
- Metropolitan Onufry enthroned as primate of Ukrainian Church 18 August 2014, 10:01
- Court suspends Kharkov authorities' resolution giving Russian senator title of Kharkiv freeman for building churches 15 August 2014, 12:50
- N. Korea's missile test-launch not connected with arrival of Pope Francis in Seoul - Pyongyang 15 August 2014, 12:43
- Far-right groups threaten Kiev Region priest with reprisals 15 August 2014, 11:54
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church ready for dialogue with "Kiev Patriarchate", Autocephalous Church 15 August 2014, 11:05
- Production of Kosher food boosts thanks to sanctions 15 August 2014, 10:04