25 April 2008, 13:05
Moscow gays fight for the right to hold five parades a day in May
Moscow, April 25, Interfax – Organizer of the Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev stated that his associates would hold five marches a day all May through to support the rights of sex minorities.
“We plan to inform Moscow authorities that we hold five gay marches a day till the end of May,” Alexeyev told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, “the strategy and tactics” of the Moscow gay parade organizational committee have changed and from May 1 Moscow will live through a month of gay parade.”
“We will give five notifications to Moscow government for each day in May to hold marches in central streets of the city at various time,” Alexeyev said.
The gay parade enthusiast also promised to keep on fighting with the city’s authorities in courts for their refusal to sex minorities in holding public events in the center of Moscow in 2006 and 2007.
“We want European Themis to know that homosexuals in Moscow lack a possibility to express their opinion publicly any day, any way, any time and at any street,” the interviewee of the agency stated.
He reminded that claims of gays and lesbians against Moscow authorities on banning gay parade were transferred to the European court in Strasbourg, though the decision on them was not taken yet.
- Constantinople official refused to participate in the cross procession of Ukrainian schismatics 29 July 2016, 14:55
- Turkey expects Kazakhstan to resolve problem of schools related to preacher Gulen 29 July 2016, 13:30
- Only Patriarch Bartholomew can help Orthodox Ukrainians unite - Poroshenko 29 July 2016, 10:18
- Baptizer of Russia set example for current world leaders - Patriarch Kirill 29 July 2016, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill regrets that Ukrainians who prayed for people's unity during cross procession were suspected of political intent 28 July 2016, 16:37
- All-Ukrainian cross procession shows pan-European significance of Day of Christening of Rus - Russian Church 28 July 2016, 15:55
- Some 80,000 take part in religious procession in Kiev - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 27 July 2016, 18:57
- Patriarch Kirill urges Russian Olympians not to yield to pressure 27 July 2016, 18:16
- Police detain several people with provocative posters during cross procession in Kiev 27 July 2016, 18:12
- Movements discrediting Islam hurt millions of innocent people – Rahmon 27 July 2016, 15:50
- The prayer on Vladimirskaya Gorka in Kiev had over 30,000 participants 27 July 2016, 15:15
- Human Rights Council attracts attention of international institutions to violations during procession with cross in Ukraine 27 July 2016, 14:41
- Sacred procession participants head from European Square in direction of Kiev Monastery of the Caves 27 July 2016, 14:39
- Russian Jews calls terrorist act in Rouen church 'terrific provocation' aimed at kindling religious hostility 27 July 2016, 14:28
- Opponents to the procession with cross mistakenly mocked at the 'Kiev Patriarchate' leader 27 July 2016, 14:25
- From 8,000 to 10,000 believers gathered on Vladimirskaya Gorka in Kiev 27 July 2016, 14:18
- Patriarch Kirill shocked by gruesome killing of Catholic priest in Rouen, wishes people of France peace and blessings 27 July 2016, 11:19
- Vandals damaged a crypt at the tomb of renowned rabbi in Ukraine 27 July 2016, 11:06
- Ukrainian authorities had no right to block cross procession - Moscow Patriarchate 27 July 2016, 10:56
- Sacred procession near Kiev comes to halt again over suspicious object 26 July 2016, 19:28
- Ukraine's Interior Ministry moves to stop procession of believers walking along Zhytomyr Highway, make them proceed on buses 26 July 2016, 18:55
- Azov militant sentenced to 6 years in custody for arson of a mosque in Crimea 26 July 2016, 18:51
- Patriarch Kirill believes Christian Orthodox world won't be split despite political ill-wishers 26 July 2016, 18:48
- Patriarch Kirill calls Russia's stance on Syria noble and honest 26 July 2016, 18:46
- Participants in sacred procession move to Kiev by foot despite calls of law enforcers to use buses 26 July 2016, 18:36
- Ukrainian National Police, National Guard block sacred procession along Kiev's streets - Interior minister 26 July 2016, 14:09
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry offers to move sacred procession in Kiev via buses for safety considerations 26 July 2016, 14:06
- Former Yukos shareholders no longer claim Russian land site in Paris - defense lawyers for Russia 25 July 2016, 17:18
- Opponents to procession of Ukrainian Orthodox Church block highway to Borispol 25 July 2016, 16:12
- Dushanbe asks Interpol to help catch banned Islamic party leader 22 July 2016, 16:00