25 April 2008, 13:05
Moscow gays fight for the right to hold five parades a day in May
Moscow, April 25, Interfax – Organizer of the Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev stated that his associates would hold five marches a day all May through to support the rights of sex minorities.
“We plan to inform Moscow authorities that we hold five gay marches a day till the end of May,” Alexeyev told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, “the strategy and tactics” of the Moscow gay parade organizational committee have changed and from May 1 Moscow will live through a month of gay parade.”
“We will give five notifications to Moscow government for each day in May to hold marches in central streets of the city at various time,” Alexeyev said.
The gay parade enthusiast also promised to keep on fighting with the city’s authorities in courts for their refusal to sex minorities in holding public events in the center of Moscow in 2006 and 2007.
“We want European Themis to know that homosexuals in Moscow lack a possibility to express their opinion publicly any day, any way, any time and at any street,” the interviewee of the agency stated.
He reminded that claims of gays and lesbians against Moscow authorities on banning gay parade were transferred to the European court in Strasbourg, though the decision on them was not taken yet.
- Islamist sentenced in Uzbekistan 23 July 2014, 13:40
- Moscow worried by persecution of religious minorities in Iraq - Foreign Ministry statement 23 July 2014, 10:31
- Banner with the Savior on it consecrated for home guards army in Donetsk church 22 July 2014, 16:30
- Islamists recruiting rebels to combat in Syria sentenced in Kazakhstan 22 July 2014, 16:07
- Russian Church calls on people responsible for plane crash in Ukraine to say truth before God, people 22 July 2014, 13:26
- Fight with Armenian priest takes place in Tbilisi near Armenian church 21 July 2014, 16:33
- Donbass won't forgive Kiev murders of peaceful citizens, the UOC spokesman believes 21 July 2014, 15:15
- Patriarch Kirill is concerned with attempts to legally destroy human morality 21 July 2014, 13:32
- Russia poses no military threat - Patriarch Kirill 21 July 2014, 10:03
- Putin expects Orthodox Church to contribute to Middle East settlement 21 July 2014, 10:01
- Russia's strength in long-standing values - Putin 18 July 2014, 17:33
- Patriarch Kirill believes sanctity is Russians' national idea 18 July 2014, 14:41
- Sea Arctic Expedition launched in frames of celebrations dedicated to St. Sergius 700th anniversary 17 July 2014, 14:55
- Support for separation of Ukrainian Church from Moscow Patriarchate weak among bishops - Metropolitan Hilarion 17 July 2014, 10:12
- Russian Church chagrined by Church of England vote allowing women to be bishops 17 July 2014, 10:04
- Russia creates system to monitor inter-ethnic, inter-confessional relations 16 July 2014, 12:35
- Former Archbishop of Canterbury's opinion on euthanasia makes him an opponent of his own Church - renowned priest 16 July 2014, 11:24
- Rabbi supports program of building Orthodox churches in Moscow 15 July 2014, 16:08
- Russian church official believes fight for God's truth is going in Ukraine 15 July 2014, 16:06
- Hundreds of children kneel down to pray for peace in Ukraine in Yaroslavl monastery 15 July 2014, 15:28
- Ukrainian Church repeats Moscow patriarch will not attend Christianization of Russia events 15 July 2014, 09:51
- Russia's chief rabbi thanks Putin for support to Jewish community 10 July 2014, 12:09
- Russian Jews concerned over rehabilitation of Nazism in Ukraine 10 July 2014, 10:50
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin urges to learn a spiritual lesson of Brazil-Germany match 09 July 2014, 18:04
- Azeri leader calls for stronger Islamic solidarity 09 July 2014, 17:48
- Russia's Jews point to important agenda of Putin's upcoming meeting with rabbis 09 July 2014, 10:00
- Putin to discuss neo-Nazism, anti-Semitism with foreign rabbis 08 July 2014, 15:32
- Azerbaijan investigates clash between Wahabis, Shiites in Baku 08 July 2014, 14:52
- Moscow Arbitration Court says decision binding Schneerson Library return takes effect 08 July 2014, 14:26
- Russian churches fundraised over $780,000 for Serbia 08 July 2014, 13:07