25 April 2008, 13:05
Moscow gays fight for the right to hold five parades a day in May
Moscow, April 25, Interfax – Organizer of the Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev stated that his associates would hold five marches a day all May through to support the rights of sex minorities.
“We plan to inform Moscow authorities that we hold five gay marches a day till the end of May,” Alexeyev told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, “the strategy and tactics” of the Moscow gay parade organizational committee have changed and from May 1 Moscow will live through a month of gay parade.”
“We will give five notifications to Moscow government for each day in May to hold marches in central streets of the city at various time,” Alexeyev said.
The gay parade enthusiast also promised to keep on fighting with the city’s authorities in courts for their refusal to sex minorities in holding public events in the center of Moscow in 2006 and 2007.
“We want European Themis to know that homosexuals in Moscow lack a possibility to express their opinion publicly any day, any way, any time and at any street,” the interviewee of the agency stated.
He reminded that claims of gays and lesbians against Moscow authorities on banning gay parade were transferred to the European court in Strasbourg, though the decision on them was not taken yet.
- No religious fanatics ever existed in Kazakhstan - Nazarbayev 18 April 2014, 17:14
- Doctors of Rostov clinic refuse abortions for Easter week 18 April 2014, 16:29
- Church official hopes that West hears Putin’s call to build Europe basing on shared values 18 April 2014, 11:03
- Beijing: Islamists control regional drug trafficking routes 17 April 2014, 16:27
- Russian people, like Noah, urged not to let the world finally sink in sin, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 16 April 2014, 19:21
- Two chapels and baptistery set on fire in Ulyanovsk region 16 April 2014, 17:47
- Alleged ex-activist of Hizb ut-Tahrir going on trial in Moscow 16 April 2014, 17:11
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Two imams banned from mosque service in Kyrgyzstan 16 April 2014, 15:29
- Kadyrov wants to build a mosque in Sevastopol 16 April 2014, 11:49
- Murderer confessed in his crimes after becoming a believer 15 April 2014, 16:11
- Islamic radicals are unpopular in Crimea - expert 15 April 2014, 11:08
- Putin thanks Russia's chief rabbi for contribution in enhancing inter-confession peace 15 April 2014, 10:00
- About 170 tonnes of matzah made for Passover in Russia 14 April 2014, 10:08
- Two militants suspected killers of Dagestan village imam 14 April 2014, 10:00
- Odessa Diocese secretary moves to Moscow for fear of persecution 11 April 2014, 17:27
- WRPC Human Rights Center supports the idea of criminal proceedings against Gorbachev 11 April 2014, 16:31
- Group of Jehovah's Witnesses followers detained in Uzbekistan 11 April 2014, 14:23
- Roman Abramovich spends half million dollars on Passover celebrations 11 April 2014, 10:08
- Village mosque imam killed in Dagestan 11 April 2014, 10:00
- Russian oligarchs start a pilgrimage across Israeli desert 10 April 2014, 11:39
- Radical Islam followers from Europe, Central Asia fight for Syrian militants - Bortnikov 09 April 2014, 14:03
- Assailants of Dagestan madrasah teacher killed in police operation 09 April 2014, 11:24
- Iraqi Sharia court to try Bryansk pedagogue on earthenware smuggling counts 09 April 2014, 10:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Terrorism, Wahhabism neutralized in Chechnya completely – Kadyrov 09 April 2014, 10:04
- Russian Foundation to deliver Holy Fire from Jerusalem to Crimea 09 April 2014, 10:00
- Priest Grozovsky to be extradited to Russia soon 08 April 2014, 19:45
- Activities of 18 intl religious extremists suppressed in four Russian regions - FSB chief 08 April 2014, 12:30
- Russian prosecutors ask Israel to extradite priest accused of child molestation – sources 07 April 2014, 17:01