25 April 2008, 13:05
Moscow gays fight for the right to hold five parades a day in May
Moscow, April 25, Interfax – Organizer of the Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev stated that his associates would hold five marches a day all May through to support the rights of sex minorities.
“We plan to inform Moscow authorities that we hold five gay marches a day till the end of May,” Alexeyev told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, “the strategy and tactics” of the Moscow gay parade organizational committee have changed and from May 1 Moscow will live through a month of gay parade.”
“We will give five notifications to Moscow government for each day in May to hold marches in central streets of the city at various time,” Alexeyev said.
The gay parade enthusiast also promised to keep on fighting with the city’s authorities in courts for their refusal to sex minorities in holding public events in the center of Moscow in 2006 and 2007.
“We want European Themis to know that homosexuals in Moscow lack a possibility to express their opinion publicly any day, any way, any time and at any street,” the interviewee of the agency stated.
He reminded that claims of gays and lesbians against Moscow authorities on banning gay parade were transferred to the European court in Strasbourg, though the decision on them was not taken yet.
- Experts register over 50 attacks on Ukrainian Orthodox churches, priests in 2014 01 August 2014, 18:12
- Patriarch Kirill presents toys to Syrian children 01 August 2014, 16:46
- Illegal sect busted in Uzbekistan 01 August 2014, 13:01
- World on brink of third world war - Russian Church representative 31 July 2014, 15:40
- Islamic Party cell leader convicted in Tajikistan 31 July 2014, 14:48
- Situation with freedom of conscience deteriorates in the USA, the Russian Foreign Ministry official believes 31 July 2014, 13:19
- Russia shouldn't make excuses to the USA for building relations of religion, society and state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 31 July 2014, 10:00
- Moscow City Court finds four members of banned Islamic Liberation Party guilty (updated) 30 July 2014, 15:33
- Orthodox Syrian children arrive in Russia for a holiday 30 July 2014, 13:09
- Strelkov bans to use foul language among his soldiers 30 July 2014, 12:29
- Gorlovka cathedral church becomes bomb shelter 30 July 2014, 10:39
- Most Russian citizens think Russia needs Orthodoxy - poll 29 July 2014, 10:50
- Gorlovka Diocese authority premises come under shelling 29 July 2014, 10:01
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin's former deputy to become administrator of patriarchal parishes in the USA 28 July 2014, 11:15
- Muslims celebrate end of holy month of Ramadan 28 July 2014, 10:49
- Russian Orthodox Church marks Day of Christianization of Rus 28 July 2014, 10:39
- China to close border with Kyrgyzstan for Eid al-Fitr holiday 25 July 2014, 15:10
- Berel Lazar urges Jews to support Israelis by studying the Torah and multiplying good affairs 25 July 2014, 12:24
- Sounds of explosions accompany church consecration in Donbass 24 July 2014, 16:28
- Islamist sentenced in Uzbekistan 23 July 2014, 13:40
- Moscow worried by persecution of religious minorities in Iraq - Foreign Ministry statement 23 July 2014, 10:31
- Banner with the Savior on it consecrated for home guards army in Donetsk church 22 July 2014, 16:30
- Islamists recruiting rebels to combat in Syria sentenced in Kazakhstan 22 July 2014, 16:07
- Russian Church calls on people responsible for plane crash in Ukraine to say truth before God, people 22 July 2014, 13:26
- Fight with Armenian priest takes place in Tbilisi near Armenian church 21 July 2014, 16:33
- Donbass won't forgive Kiev murders of peaceful citizens, the UOC spokesman believes 21 July 2014, 15:15
- Patriarch Kirill is concerned with attempts to legally destroy human morality 21 July 2014, 13:32
- Russia poses no military threat - Patriarch Kirill 21 July 2014, 10:03
- Putin expects Orthodox Church to contribute to Middle East settlement 21 July 2014, 10:01
- Russia's strength in long-standing values - Putin 18 July 2014, 17:33