25 April 2008, 13:05
Moscow gays fight for the right to hold five parades a day in May
Moscow, April 25, Interfax – Organizer of the Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev stated that his associates would hold five marches a day all May through to support the rights of sex minorities.
“We plan to inform Moscow authorities that we hold five gay marches a day till the end of May,” Alexeyev told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, “the strategy and tactics” of the Moscow gay parade organizational committee have changed and from May 1 Moscow will live through a month of gay parade.”
“We will give five notifications to Moscow government for each day in May to hold marches in central streets of the city at various time,” Alexeyev said.
The gay parade enthusiast also promised to keep on fighting with the city’s authorities in courts for their refusal to sex minorities in holding public events in the center of Moscow in 2006 and 2007.
“We want European Themis to know that homosexuals in Moscow lack a possibility to express their opinion publicly any day, any way, any time and at any street,” the interviewee of the agency stated.
He reminded that claims of gays and lesbians against Moscow authorities on banning gay parade were transferred to the European court in Strasbourg, though the decision on them was not taken yet.
- State Duma passes bill on life sentence for pedophiles 18 January 2022, 18:18
- Anti-Semitism is on the rise in Germany - Deputy Ambassador 18 January 2022, 18:16
- The head of Yakutia took part in Epiphany bathing in a 40-degree frost 18 January 2022, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill admitted that part of the world Orthodoxy will go into schism 18 January 2022, 18:05
- Death penalty impossible in Russia - State Duma committee head 12 January 2022, 15:46
- Russian Orthodox Church works out a program of comprehensive presence in Africa 12 January 2022, 15:01
- Kazakh president urges preventing merger of criminality, religious extremism 11 January 2022, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox Church against lifting moratorium on death penalty 08 January 2022, 19:27
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Covid-19 pandemic will be over 07 January 2022, 19:28
- Patriarch Kirill prays for peace in Kazakhstan at Christmas service 07 January 2022, 19:26
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about the shortsightedness of politicians who speak to Russia from a position of strength 07 January 2022, 12:59
- Putin notes moral significance of Christmas 07 January 2022, 10:25
- Russian Orthodox Church sets up Patriarchal Exarchate of Africa 30 December 2021, 10:00
- Russian Church admits over 100 Patriarchate of Alexandria clerics as its members (updated) 29 December 2021, 17:56
- Russian govt orders monitoring of violations of citizens' rights along ethnic, religious lines 29 December 2021, 12:23
- Russian Church considers the long-term isolation of criminals no less effective than death penalty 29 December 2021, 11:30
- Russia not to reinstate death penalty in coming years - Presidential Human Rights Council member 29 December 2021, 11:14
- Group for protection of Christian values created at State Duma 29 December 2021, 11:12
- FJCR considers departure from traditional values the main reason for demographic decline of Jewish population after the war 27 December 2021, 12:14
- FJCR believes that mutual assistance has become the main social trend of 2021 27 December 2021, 12:03
- The head of the Russian Investigative Committee discussed the importance of spirituality in life and work with Mireille Mathieu 27 December 2021, 11:58
- Patriarch Kirill believes that modern cinema promotes the upbringing of an "old" person 27 December 2021, 11:54
- Russian Church to defrock priest Stremsky convicted of child abuse 24 December 2021, 18:21
- Orenburg priest gets 21 years in penal colony for violence against children 24 December 2021, 14:11
- Patriarch Kirill urges believers not to identify vaccination QR codes as 'Antichrist's marks' 24 December 2021, 10:19
- Insulting others not tantamount to freedom of creativity – Putin 23 December 2021, 18:29
- Patriarch Kirill worried by tightening control over people's privacy amid pandemic 23 December 2021, 18:08
- Blurring concepts of man and woman contradicts common sense – Putin 23 December 2021, 17:53
- Social networks should complement real life, not make people go virtual – Putin 23 December 2021, 16:44
- Putin deems liability for refusal to vaccinate to be pointless 23 December 2021, 14:59