05 May 2008, 15:13
The Union of Orthodox Citizens twits the Greek clergy of the Holy Land with the failure to perform their missionary obligations
Moscow, May 5, Interfax - The Union of Orthodox Citizens thinks unfounded accusations of Russians in "nationalism" and "aggressive policy" in the Holy Land expressed by Jerusalem Patriarch Theofilus III during his meeting with Russian media before Easter.
"The problem of failure to perform by the Greek clergy of their missionary obligations to the Orthodox Arabs and Eastern Christian unions correctly stated by the founder of the Russian spiritual mission Porfiri Uspensky is still important," said the Head of the Moscow department of the Union Kirill Frolov to Interfax-Religion.
According to Frolov, the answer to the statement by Theofilus III that Bishop Porfiri allegedly brought "the poison of racism" to Palestine may be "Physician, heal thyself".
Frolov believes that the words of Jerusalem Patriarch about allegedly aggressive policy of Russia in the Middle East allow to make "a sad conclusion" that Patriarch "prefers degraded, dependent, and inactive but unclouded materially position of the Jerusalem Church under unorthodox rule to much more complex and risky but vitally important to all people of the Middle East Orthodox mission with an active support of the Russian Orthodox state."
"It is evident that joint activity of all Orthodox churches will make such testimony more efficient, but new "porfiri uspenskys" with their mission, catechesis, and active position seem only to interfere with "a quiet life" of our Greek brothers under unorthodox rule," says Frolov.
Frolov notes that such psychology "is also distinctive for may Orthodox believers in Russia who are trying to discredit the Orthodox missionary outreach from allegedly "Orthodox" standpoint."
- Most of the priests from Africa who joined the Russian Church have already received the right from Moscow to celebrate the liturgy 27 January 2022, 17:07
- Candles lit in Moscow in memory of the Holocaust victims 27 January 2022, 17:00
- Supporters of caliphate are among those detained in Kazakhstan during the January riots 27 January 2022, 16:53
- Holocaust Remembrance Day reinstated at Russian schools 27 January 2022, 10:16
- Russian Church reports a daily increase in the number of its parishes in Africa 26 January 2022, 10:12
- Russian delegation to PACE rejects accusations that LGBT people harassed in Chechnya 25 January 2022, 14:43
- Russian Church tightens coronavirus-related restrictions at Moscow churches 24 January 2022, 17:11
- House of Romanov hails Russian Orthodox Church's plans to recognize authenticity of 'Yekaterinburg remains' 24 January 2022, 10:03
- Nothing hinders recognition of authenticity of royal family's remains - Russian Orthodox Church member 24 January 2022, 10:00
- Christmas parliamentary meetings postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus situation 21 January 2022, 17:53
- Former Metropolitan Vladimir of St. Petersburg died at the age of 92 19 January 2022, 20:35
- Putin didn't take Epiphany ice plunge this year 19 January 2022, 13:35
- State Duma passes bill on life sentence for pedophiles 18 January 2022, 18:18
- Anti-Semitism is on the rise in Germany - Deputy Ambassador 18 January 2022, 18:16
- The head of Yakutia took part in Epiphany bathing in a 40-degree frost 18 January 2022, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill admitted that part of the world Orthodoxy will go into schism 18 January 2022, 18:05
- Death penalty impossible in Russia - State Duma committee head 12 January 2022, 15:46
- Russian Orthodox Church works out a program of comprehensive presence in Africa 12 January 2022, 15:01
- Kazakh president urges preventing merger of criminality, religious extremism 11 January 2022, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox Church against lifting moratorium on death penalty 08 January 2022, 19:27
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Covid-19 pandemic will be over 07 January 2022, 19:28
- Patriarch Kirill prays for peace in Kazakhstan at Christmas service 07 January 2022, 19:26
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about the shortsightedness of politicians who speak to Russia from a position of strength 07 January 2022, 12:59
- Putin notes moral significance of Christmas 07 January 2022, 10:25
- Russian Orthodox Church sets up Patriarchal Exarchate of Africa 30 December 2021, 10:00
- Russian Church admits over 100 Patriarchate of Alexandria clerics as its members (updated) 29 December 2021, 17:56
- Russian govt orders monitoring of violations of citizens' rights along ethnic, religious lines 29 December 2021, 12:23
- Russian Church considers the long-term isolation of criminals no less effective than death penalty 29 December 2021, 11:30
- Russia not to reinstate death penalty in coming years - Presidential Human Rights Council member 29 December 2021, 11:14
- Group for protection of Christian values created at State Duma 29 December 2021, 11:12