05 May 2008, 15:13
The Union of Orthodox Citizens twits the Greek clergy of the Holy Land with the failure to perform their missionary obligations
Moscow, May 5, Interfax - The Union of Orthodox Citizens thinks unfounded accusations of Russians in "nationalism" and "aggressive policy" in the Holy Land expressed by Jerusalem Patriarch Theofilus III during his meeting with Russian media before Easter.
"The problem of failure to perform by the Greek clergy of their missionary obligations to the Orthodox Arabs and Eastern Christian unions correctly stated by the founder of the Russian spiritual mission Porfiri Uspensky is still important," said the Head of the Moscow department of the Union Kirill Frolov to Interfax-Religion.
According to Frolov, the answer to the statement by Theofilus III that Bishop Porfiri allegedly brought "the poison of racism" to Palestine may be "Physician, heal thyself".
Frolov believes that the words of Jerusalem Patriarch about allegedly aggressive policy of Russia in the Middle East allow to make "a sad conclusion" that Patriarch "prefers degraded, dependent, and inactive but unclouded materially position of the Jerusalem Church under unorthodox rule to much more complex and risky but vitally important to all people of the Middle East Orthodox mission with an active support of the Russian Orthodox state."
"It is evident that joint activity of all Orthodox churches will make such testimony more efficient, but new "porfiri uspenskys" with their mission, catechesis, and active position seem only to interfere with "a quiet life" of our Greek brothers under unorthodox rule," says Frolov.
Frolov notes that such psychology "is also distinctive for may Orthodox believers in Russia who are trying to discredit the Orthodox missionary outreach from allegedly "Orthodox" standpoint."
- Several Jehovah's Witnesses leaders detained in Russia - Investigative Committee 24 November 2020, 11:39
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11
- Metropolitan Hilarion speaks of risks of start of third world war 16 November 2020, 11:09
- Russian Orthodox Church expects Biden to stop supporting abortion, sex change operations 16 November 2020, 10:49
- Spiritual Muslim Board of Russia denies existence of overwhelming support for ban on marrying non-Muslim women 11 November 2020, 19:21
- Novosibirsk court outlaws Khakassia branch of Chinese sect Falun Gong for first time in Russia 10 November 2020, 15:32
- Coronavirus-induced self-isolation helps reduce ethnic and religious violence - human rights activist 10 November 2020, 10:23
- Moscow religious organizations have weak influence on local migrants - mufti 10 November 2020, 10:21
- Performance artist posing as Christ detained near FSB headquarters in Moscow 06 November 2020, 10:25
- Putin said inadmissible to hurt feelings of believers, to allow extremism - Peskov 05 November 2020, 13:29
- Russian Orthodox Church warns against danger of unsanctioned exorcism 05 November 2020, 10:40
- Patriarch Kirill mourns over victims of Vienna terrorist attack 05 November 2020, 10:38
- Inter-ethnic relations situation exacerbated in several countries, Russia must not allow this - Putin 05 November 2020, 10:37
- Putin backs idea of int'l ban on insulting religious feelings 05 November 2020, 10:33
- Russia's Chief Rabbi Lazar opposed to phrase 'Islamic terrorism' 03 November 2020, 19:00
- Freedom of speech mustn't hurt religious feelings - Russia's Matviyenko 03 November 2020, 18:27
- Lukashenko calls on Catholic Church to play constructive role in Belarus 03 November 2020, 15:56
- Expert on Islam calls the terrorist attack in Vienna an echo of the caricature scandal in France 03 November 2020, 13:00