22 May 2008, 14:10
The Moscow Patriarchate believes missionary activities should be transparent
Moscow, May 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox Church is concerned that some missionaries don't observe the law on Freedom of Conscience and Religious Associations as they conceal their confession, Interfax-Religion reports.
"The Russian law on Freedom of Conscience and Religious Associations clearly reads: "Name of the religious organization should contain information on its confession. Religious organization should indicate its full title when carrying out its activities," Vice-chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin writes in his Scraps essays published by the Pravoslavnaya Moskva paper.
"Unfortunately, no responsibility is provided for this violation," the priest noted.
According to him, it results in common practice of "religious anonymity:" "missionaries don't say what Church they present."
"Though they claim to preach over-confessional "general Christianity. Or even disguise as Orthodox," Fr. Vsevolod said.
- Georgian Orthodox Christian activists hold protest rally on Pope Francis' route 30 September 2016, 16:18
- Pope Francis begins visit to Tbilisi 30 September 2016, 15:58
- Israeli policemen to help maintain order at Rosh Hashanah festivities in Ukraine's Uman 30 September 2016, 13:05
- Hearing into appeals contesting ex-Moscow Patriarchate employee's conviction postponed until Oct 5 30 September 2016, 12:52
- Nothing threatens Grozovsky's life in prison, priests visit him once a week - sources 30 September 2016, 12:45
- Aggression of Greek-Catholics should become the main topic in Orthodox-Catholic dialogue - Metropolitan Hilarion 30 September 2016, 11:35
- Hizb ut-Tahrir cell's activity suppressed in Tatarstan 30 September 2016, 10:04
- The USA prevented Ukraine from overcoming schism - UOC official 29 September 2016, 17:52
- Lawyers for former Yukos shareholders announce plans to stop attempts to suspend construction of Russian cultural center in Paris (updated) 29 September 2016, 14:58
- Azerbaijani president calls for fight against xenophobia and Islamophobia 29 September 2016, 10:31
- Patriarch Kirill signs a petition calling to ban abortions in Russia 28 September 2016, 12:35
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate has twice as many parishes as two schismatic organizations together 28 September 2016, 11:37
- A bomb was used to sabotage the Congress of Orthodox women in Ukraine 27 September 2016, 15:02
- Bell ringing of the Russian cathedral is spread over the center of Paris 27 September 2016, 12:16
- Red paint poured onto the monument to Holy Prince Vladimir in Kiev 27 September 2016, 12:02
- Twenty churches destroyed in Aleppo during the war 26 September 2016, 15:28
- The Russian Church is concerned with new books containing "revolutionary biographies" of Christ 26 September 2016, 14:16
- The Russian Church official speaks about Vatican's unwillingness to discuss the problem of Greek-Catholics in Ukraine 26 September 2016, 13:17
- Rabbi Lazar urges to learn lessons from Babi Yar and stop terrorism 26 September 2016, 12:14
- Most threats to Islamic world exist inside Muslim community - Kazakh foreign minister 26 September 2016, 11:11
- Politicians stand in way of Orthodox unification in Ukraine - head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church 23 September 2016, 17:46
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes monks for their passion for luxury 22 September 2016, 16:47
- Court prolongs until mid December arrest of MSU student accused of attempt to join ISIL 22 September 2016, 15:28
- Russian chapel consecrated at a Syrian airbase 22 September 2016, 12:03
- Georgia's Orthodox Parents protest against pope visit 21 September 2016, 14:58
- The Russian Church accuses Ukrainian Greek-Catholics of attacks against it 21 September 2016, 13:46
- Russian citizen who received training in ISIL jihadist camps detained in Tatarstan 21 September 2016, 13:43
- Orthodox believers of New York send a container with humanitarian aid to Donbass 21 September 2016, 12:51
- Renowned German political expert believes Christianity is a foundation of European future 21 September 2016, 10:01
- Some 300,000 Russian pilgrims visit Israel in space of year - Patriarch Kirill 20 September 2016, 14:52