20 June 2008, 15:15
Campaign against propaganda of homosexual love to reduce the number of gays in society by 60-70 per cent, the researcher believes
Moscow, June 20, Interfax - Almost all homosexuals are victims of fashion or sexual violence in childhood, director of the Family Research Institute Paul Cameron said.
"I don't believe that anyone can be a born homosexual. It's impossible to be born a homosexual, but there are fifty different ways to become one," Dr. Cameron, who studied phenomenon of homosexuals for 40 years, said at a Moscow round table answering the question of an Interfax-Religion correspondent.
According to him, "homosexuality doesn't depend on genetics or heredity." The most wide spread way to make a gay of an ordinary young man is sexual violence, sexual contact with a man in tender age.
Cameron cited the data of a research conducted in the USA saying that about 60 percent of boys subjected to sexual violence from men in childhood then became homosexuals. Overwhelming majority (95-96 per cent ) of young people who had the first sexual contact with woman remained heterosexual.
"If society oppose (promotion of homosexuality - IF), the number of homosexuals will decrease by 60-70 percent," the expert believes.
He urged Russians to back up such politicians as Moscow mayor Yury Luzhkov who opposed gay parade in Moscow. Cameron also finds it joyful that representatives of the sociology faculty of the Moscow State University showed interest to his institute's research and plan to conduct similar independent analysis.
"The USA needs your help. We want Russia to say strong "no" to homosexuality. American government groundlessly ignores our scientific research data. The West is rich, but this particular situation makes it die," the researcher said.
- Archpriest Chaplin died of heart attack 27 January 2020, 18:51
- Russian Church accuses Constantinople for ingratitude and Russophobia 27 January 2020, 18:45
- Court bans leader of Murmansk Jehovah's Witnesses from talking to fellow members, using Internet 27 January 2020, 12:03
- Well-known priest Vsevolod Chaplin dies in Moscow 26 January 2020, 22:36
- FJCR hopes Marshal Konev monument in Prague won't be demolished 24 January 2020, 19:54
- Orthodox community in Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem to appeal decision on property change 24 January 2020, 18:50
- FJCR doesn't link Issachar's possible pardon to handover of Alexander Metochion to Russia 24 January 2020, 14:03
- Jews fleeing Europe - Kantor 24 January 2020, 10:01
- Patriarch Kirill regrets that mankind didn't fully learn lesson from Holocaust 24 January 2020, 09:55
- Global community should respond to manifestations of antisemitism, attempts to vindicate Nazis - Putin 23 January 2020, 14:08
- Associates of shaman Gabyshev detained in Yakutia 23 January 2020, 11:28
- Local Jehovah's Witnesses leader held in Murmansk 23 January 2020, 11:22
- World's biggest Orthodox church may be built in Urals 23 January 2020, 11:21
- Issue of Alexander Metochion handover to Russia could be resolved in coming days - Israeli govt 23 January 2020, 11:18
- German society working at St. Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem not informed of property handover 22 January 2020, 18:52
- Putin to meet with Patriarch Theophilos and mother of Israeli woman convicted in Russia 22 January 2020, 17:53
- Russian embassy in Israel not commenting on reports on giving Russia rights to Alexander's metochion in Jerusalem 22 January 2020, 15:58
- Bomb scare in Cathedral of Christ the Savior 22 January 2020, 11:55
- Russian Church dismisses criticism about seeking to seize leadership of Orthodox world 21 January 2020, 21:33
- Russian Church to open aid center in Syria for children affected by hostilities 21 January 2020, 20:01
- Filaret demands that Constantinople return original of decree issued by UOC-KP assembly on its dissolution 20 January 2020, 19:27
- 'God Kuzya' accomplices detained in Moscow 17 January 2020, 17:59
- Sword seized from Yakut shaman returned 17 January 2020, 17:58
- Task of Jewish community is address help to people - Rabbi Lazar 16 January 2020, 20:43
- New U.S. ambassador to Russia prefers ice hockey to ice-water dips 16 January 2020, 18:18
- Russian Church praises Putin's attention to traditional values of Russians 15 January 2020, 17:49
- Georgian patriarch becomes godfather to another 500 children 15 January 2020, 15:06
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Stalin could have become a good bishop 13 January 2020, 19:36
- Russian Church predicts further schisms in western Protestant Churches 13 January 2020, 16:32
- Russian Church believes churches are good for making Orthodox acquaintances 13 January 2020, 14:10