04 July 2008, 17:50
Moldavian bishop believes "Bessarabian Metropolia" to be Bucharest political project abroad
Moscow, July 4, Interfax - The Romanian Patriarchate's interference in Moldavian church life reflects political will of Bucharest politicians dreaming of "Great Romania," Bishop Markell of Beltsy and Falesht believes.
"It (activity of "the Bessarabian Metropolia" in Moldavia - IF) is only Bucharest's political order executed by the Synod, hierarchs and priests of the Romanian Church," Bishop Markell stated in his interview to Interfax-Religion.
He reminds that the Romanian Orthodox Church is a state Church and its priests receive their salary from the authorities and "thus they become the bearers of the modern Romanian state policy on the territory of Moldova" and execute its political order.
"The Romanian state has spared no effort to attach Moldavia to Romania," the interviewee of the agency said.
Meanwhile, according to him, "the Moldavian people in its overwhelming majority don't want it."
"Moldova wants nothing of Romania, only to leave us alone. It will be the most welcome and wanted gift from Romania. Leave us alone - we don't want anything else. We have our Patriarch and we've been faithful to him for long centuries," the bishop said.
According to him, if the Orthodox Church in Moldavia "leaves the Moscow Patriarchate, the Romanian Patriarchate will take it in a night without even asking priests and hierarchs."
"That's why we count only on the Russian Orthodox Church and prayers of all her faithful children."
- Baku court sentences five IS members to many years in jail 03 September 2015, 10:01
- Every tenth Russian justifies actions of Orthodox believers in Manege 02 September 2015, 14:01
- Protesters destroyed a temporary chapel near the Supreme Rada 01 September 2015, 15:23
- Petersburg needs three times as many churches as it now has - head of the Metropolia 01 September 2015, 14:53
- Protestant church to be turned in an Orthodox church in the USA 01 September 2015, 11:59
- Cultural monuments in Syria, Iraq need to be protected from Islamists – Lavrov 01 September 2015, 11:12
- Appearance of ISIS militants in Kyrgyzstan shows stability is fragile - Atambayev 31 August 2015, 14:19
- Fourteen suspected ISIS propagandists detained in Tajikistan 31 August 2015, 12:58
- Tajik Justice Ministry gave ten days to shut down Islamic Renaissance Party 31 August 2015, 10:10
- Mercenary inquiry opened against Stavropol neo-pagan group leader fighting for Kiev 31 August 2015, 10:08
- Valaam Monastery to raise up to 200 tonnes of trout per year in response to sanctions 28 August 2015, 17:59
- Hizb ut-Tahrir follower seized in Kyrgyzstan for illegal religious training of young girls 28 August 2015, 12:57
- Cathedral mosque to be built in Simferopol with Turkey participating - Mufti of Crimea 27 August 2015, 14:34
- Russian soldiers will learn methods of struggle against Islamic radicals and sects 26 August 2015, 13:07
- Russian Church likens attacks on Orthodox Ukrainians to Soviet-era persecutions 26 August 2015, 10:04
- Shelling damages a diocesan building in Gorlovka 25 August 2015, 11:16
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for interaction between Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Ukrainian authorities in interests of society 24 August 2015, 17:11
- Schismatics disrupted a divine service and seized an Orthodox church not far from Kiev 24 August 2015, 11:29
- Court seizes over one million Jehovah's Witnesses brochures brought into Russia 21 August 2015, 17:42
- Blogger from Karelia who criticized Church and received shelter in Estonia offers to exchange himself for Kohver 20 August 2015, 16:20
- Deputy imam killed in Stavropol territory 20 August 2015, 14:20
- Russia and Church cast a challenge to all evil powers - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 20 August 2015, 10:06
- 20% decrease in number of hajj-goers is prognosed in Russia as the ruble devaluates 19 August 2015, 17:50
- Kazakh priest conquers highest mountain in the Central Asia 19 August 2015, 12:58
- Teenagers hoist ISIL flag in southern Tajikistan 19 August 2015, 12:34
- African Patriarch to make pilgrimage to Russia 18 August 2015, 15:37
- Aksyonov won't allow gay prides in Crimea 18 August 2015, 14:18
- Orthodox believers ask Moscow Prosecutor to give legal evaluation of notorious exhibition in Manege 18 August 2015, 12:29
- Orthodox activists deny involvement in Moscow deputy assault 18 August 2015, 10:05
- Member of Hizb ut-Tahrir cell in St. Petersburg sentenced to five years in jail 17 August 2015, 17:20