04 July 2008, 17:50
Moldavian bishop believes "Bessarabian Metropolia" to be Bucharest political project abroad
Moscow, July 4, Interfax - The Romanian Patriarchate's interference in Moldavian church life reflects political will of Bucharest politicians dreaming of "Great Romania," Bishop Markell of Beltsy and Falesht believes.
"It (activity of "the Bessarabian Metropolia" in Moldavia - IF) is only Bucharest's political order executed by the Synod, hierarchs and priests of the Romanian Church," Bishop Markell stated in his interview to Interfax-Religion.
He reminds that the Romanian Orthodox Church is a state Church and its priests receive their salary from the authorities and "thus they become the bearers of the modern Romanian state policy on the territory of Moldova" and execute its political order.
"The Romanian state has spared no effort to attach Moldavia to Romania," the interviewee of the agency said.
Meanwhile, according to him, "the Moldavian people in its overwhelming majority don't want it."
"Moldova wants nothing of Romania, only to leave us alone. It will be the most welcome and wanted gift from Romania. Leave us alone - we don't want anything else. We have our Patriarch and we've been faithful to him for long centuries," the bishop said.
According to him, if the Orthodox Church in Moldavia "leaves the Moscow Patriarchate, the Romanian Patriarchate will take it in a night without even asking priests and hierarchs."
"That's why we count only on the Russian Orthodox Church and prayers of all her faithful children."
- Constantinople official refused to participate in the cross procession of Ukrainian schismatics 29 July 2016, 14:55
- Turkey expects Kazakhstan to resolve problem of schools related to preacher Gulen 29 July 2016, 13:30
- Only Patriarch Bartholomew can help Orthodox Ukrainians unite - Poroshenko 29 July 2016, 10:18
- Baptizer of Russia set example for current world leaders - Patriarch Kirill 29 July 2016, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill regrets that Ukrainians who prayed for people's unity during cross procession were suspected of political intent 28 July 2016, 16:37
- All-Ukrainian cross procession shows pan-European significance of Day of Christening of Rus - Russian Church 28 July 2016, 15:55
- Some 80,000 take part in religious procession in Kiev - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 27 July 2016, 18:57
- Patriarch Kirill urges Russian Olympians not to yield to pressure 27 July 2016, 18:16
- Police detain several people with provocative posters during cross procession in Kiev 27 July 2016, 18:12
- Movements discrediting Islam hurt millions of innocent people – Rahmon 27 July 2016, 15:50
- The prayer on Vladimirskaya Gorka in Kiev had over 30,000 participants 27 July 2016, 15:15
- Human Rights Council attracts attention of international institutions to violations during procession with cross in Ukraine 27 July 2016, 14:41
- Sacred procession participants head from European Square in direction of Kiev Monastery of the Caves 27 July 2016, 14:39
- Russian Jews calls terrorist act in Rouen church 'terrific provocation' aimed at kindling religious hostility 27 July 2016, 14:28
- Opponents to the procession with cross mistakenly mocked at the 'Kiev Patriarchate' leader 27 July 2016, 14:25
- From 8,000 to 10,000 believers gathered on Vladimirskaya Gorka in Kiev 27 July 2016, 14:18
- Patriarch Kirill shocked by gruesome killing of Catholic priest in Rouen, wishes people of France peace and blessings 27 July 2016, 11:19
- Vandals damaged a crypt at the tomb of renowned rabbi in Ukraine 27 July 2016, 11:06
- Ukrainian authorities had no right to block cross procession - Moscow Patriarchate 27 July 2016, 10:56
- Sacred procession near Kiev comes to halt again over suspicious object 26 July 2016, 19:28
- Ukraine's Interior Ministry moves to stop procession of believers walking along Zhytomyr Highway, make them proceed on buses 26 July 2016, 18:55
- Azov militant sentenced to 6 years in custody for arson of a mosque in Crimea 26 July 2016, 18:51
- Patriarch Kirill believes Christian Orthodox world won't be split despite political ill-wishers 26 July 2016, 18:48
- Patriarch Kirill calls Russia's stance on Syria noble and honest 26 July 2016, 18:46
- Participants in sacred procession move to Kiev by foot despite calls of law enforcers to use buses 26 July 2016, 18:36
- Ukrainian National Police, National Guard block sacred procession along Kiev's streets - Interior minister 26 July 2016, 14:09
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry offers to move sacred procession in Kiev via buses for safety considerations 26 July 2016, 14:06
- Former Yukos shareholders no longer claim Russian land site in Paris - defense lawyers for Russia 25 July 2016, 17:18
- Opponents to procession of Ukrainian Orthodox Church block highway to Borispol 25 July 2016, 16:12
- Dushanbe asks Interpol to help catch banned Islamic party leader 22 July 2016, 16:00