07 July 2008, 15:16
Orthodox priest greets participants of "Russian Woodstock"
Emmaus (Tver Region), July 7, Interfax - All participants of the Nashestviye 2008 rock festival, also considered as "Russian Woodstock", held in the Tver Region received pastor blessing and greetings from the stage.
According to an Interfax-Religion correspondent, Konstantin Kinchev and his group Alisa played about two hours and their concert was crowned with the sermon of the rector of the Moscow Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit on Lazarevskoye cemetery Hegumen Sergy (Rybko) who is famous for his missionary work among non-conformist youth. Dozens of thousands Nashestviye participants welcomed his coming to the stage.
"May the Lord help you! Bear the banner of Russian rock with dignity as Konstantin Kinchev does. He has led many people to faith and, no doubt, he will lead many more people to Christ and salvation," Fr. Sergy said.
He reminded that many people of his generation came to faith in difficult times "when they were sent to madhouses for dissent." However, according to the hegumen, "the authorities didn't succeed in it as we were faithful to our ideals, searched for ourselves in this world and though we took different ways, in fact it was one way to God."
According to the festival's organizers, over 100 thousand people visited Nashestviye 2008 in Emmaus, the Tver Region for three days. Multicolored flags, including Russian and Romanov imperial flags fluttered near the main stage set up on the Volga bank. Geography of "Russian Woodstock" audience could be learned from the inscriptions on them: Moscow, Sochi, Tula, St. Petersburg, Vladimir, Krasnodar, Oryol, Kaliningrad, Bryansk, Irkutsk, Severodvinsk and Belgrade. Bad weather and muddy lawn didn't cool the ardor of Russian rockers.
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57