22 September 2008, 17:26
Orthodox believers found heaven guardians for Russian secret service
Moscow, September 22, Interfax - The Union of Orthodox Citizens strongly opposed the idea of reversion of Dzerzhinsky monument to Lubyanka and proposed to declare St. Alexander Nevsky and archbishop John (Maximovich) heaven guardians for Russian secret service.
"Dzerzhinsky is the demoniac enemy of Russian Orthodox Church whose hands are steeped in blood of the New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia. Moreover, the rehabilitation of Dzerzhinsky is contrary to the authorities' course for revival of great Russia", reads the Moscow department of the Unions' statement provided Monday to Interfax-Religion.
Earlier Vladimir Kolesnikov, the member of State Duma safety committee ("Unired Russia" faction), former Solicitor-General, proposed to restore the Dzerzhinsky monument on Lubyanka. Kolesnikov's colleagues in the committee greeted the idea with applause.
Meanwhile the Orthodox believers said that they were "curled up" at this initiative.
"Dzerzhinsky is one of the symbols of Bolshevist Russophobia, when the words "Motherland", "Russian" were forbidden", the statement reads.
According to the Union of Orthodox citizens the appelas to return the "iron Felix" monument to Lubyanka appear also because the Russian secret services still didn't get its own heaven guardians, like many other branches of arms.
Therefore the Union proposed to declare St. Prince Alexander Nevsky the heaven guardian of FSB and to make his words: "The one who comes to us with the sword shall perish with the sword" - "the slogan of every security officer".
According to the Orthodox believers Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco John (Maximovich) should be the spirit guardian of Foreign Intelligence Service. Former hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, he was canonized there in 1994. In the end of June the Bishop's Council of the Moscow Patriarchate adopted a decision of church celebration of Shanghai Holy Hierarch.
The authors of the statement also reminded that one of the forefathers of the Sanctifier baptized the Western Siberia, the other opposed the Polish ideas of contraposition Ukraine to Russia. And Archbishop John himself argued strongly against the disruption between Ukraine and Russia, "gathered up the Russian universe, from Shanghai to San Francisco, by his feat and his word" and revitalized the Orthodoxy on the West.
"Thanks to his mission the Americans converted to Orthodoxy, like famous Hieromonk Seraphim (Rose), became the Russian patriots and constructed "Holy Russia" in California. This activity in the context of the current political Russophobia in the West is all the more urgent", the statement says.
- Moscow City Hall denies authorization for gay pride parade, rally in support of ECHR decision on law banning gay propaganda 22 June 2017, 18:06
- Aliyev repeals ban on religious activity of citizens trained abroad 22 June 2017, 15:30
- Georgian president calls discussion of restoration of monarchy 'strange PR move' 21 June 2017, 17:50
- Amur Region resident sentenced for hosting meetings of banned religious association 21 June 2017, 17:21
- Dodon to go to Mount Athos on vacation 21 June 2017, 17:14
- Number of those who want to be Orthodox priests has significantly grown in Russia 21 June 2017, 15:13
- Aliyev deems social justice to be best protection from religious radicalism 21 June 2017, 10:51
- Russia doesn't persecute LGBT but bans forcing this orientation on children – Lavrov 21 June 2017, 10:14
- Kremlin to look into ECHR judgment on law banning gay propaganda amongst minors, waits to see details 20 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Justice Ministry to appeal ECHR judgment on Russian law banning gay propaganda amongst minors 20 June 2017, 13:28
- Radicalization of Kyrgyz nationals rooted in disregard of religion issues by previous administration - Kyrgyz Security Council secretary 20 June 2017, 13:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 50,000 euros to Russian LGBT community activists 20 June 2017, 13:10
- Georgian patriarch proposes constitutional monarchy 19 June 2017, 10:24
- Kiev gay pride parade participants set upon by group of men three hours after event 19 June 2017, 10:13
- Two policemen sustain minor injuries during LGBT pride parade in Kiev 19 June 2017, 10:02
- The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia urges to remove Lenin's body from the Red Square 19 June 2017, 09:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate remains one of the largest religious organizations in Ukraine - Culture Ministry 14 June 2017, 16:38
- Russia faces Ukraine's resistance in returning St. Alexander representation in Jerusalem 14 June 2017, 11:51
- Russian Church Abroad calls to support its Bethany school for Arabian girls 14 June 2017, 11:38
- According to some data, Lenin was depicted carrying a piece of cross, not log 13 June 2017, 17:52
- Islamic countries can resolve all of their disagreements peacefully – Aliyev 13 June 2017, 14:42
- Moscow Patriarchate takes measures to protect from hacker attacks 13 June 2017, 12:26
- New army church consecrated in Kyrgyz airbase 13 June 2017, 12:06
- Siberian Old Believers teach Chinese offices to survive in taiga 13 June 2017, 10:00
- Nazarbayev hopes Islamic world can reach understanding soon 09 June 2017, 11:02
- Three extremists spreading radical Islam ideas convicted in Uzbekistan 09 June 2017, 10:17
- Expert on Orthodox shrines compared contemporary Russia to Medieval Europe 09 June 2017, 10:14
- Some 500,000 pilgrims bow to St. Nicholas remains as 3 km line forms outside the Moscow cathedral 08 June 2017, 19:10
- St. Petersburg Church of Scientology founders arrested 08 June 2017, 18:57
- Russian Orthodox Church's relations with Catholics intensify after meeting with Pope - Patriarch Kirill 08 June 2017, 18:54