22 September 2008, 17:26
Orthodox believers found heaven guardians for Russian secret service
Moscow, September 22, Interfax - The Union of Orthodox Citizens strongly opposed the idea of reversion of Dzerzhinsky monument to Lubyanka and proposed to declare St. Alexander Nevsky and archbishop John (Maximovich) heaven guardians for Russian secret service.
"Dzerzhinsky is the demoniac enemy of Russian Orthodox Church whose hands are steeped in blood of the New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia. Moreover, the rehabilitation of Dzerzhinsky is contrary to the authorities' course for revival of great Russia", reads the Moscow department of the Unions' statement provided Monday to Interfax-Religion.
Earlier Vladimir Kolesnikov, the member of State Duma safety committee ("Unired Russia" faction), former Solicitor-General, proposed to restore the Dzerzhinsky monument on Lubyanka. Kolesnikov's colleagues in the committee greeted the idea with applause.
Meanwhile the Orthodox believers said that they were "curled up" at this initiative.
"Dzerzhinsky is one of the symbols of Bolshevist Russophobia, when the words "Motherland", "Russian" were forbidden", the statement reads.
According to the Union of Orthodox citizens the appelas to return the "iron Felix" monument to Lubyanka appear also because the Russian secret services still didn't get its own heaven guardians, like many other branches of arms.
Therefore the Union proposed to declare St. Prince Alexander Nevsky the heaven guardian of FSB and to make his words: "The one who comes to us with the sword shall perish with the sword" - "the slogan of every security officer".
According to the Orthodox believers Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco John (Maximovich) should be the spirit guardian of Foreign Intelligence Service. Former hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, he was canonized there in 1994. In the end of June the Bishop's Council of the Moscow Patriarchate adopted a decision of church celebration of Shanghai Holy Hierarch.
The authors of the statement also reminded that one of the forefathers of the Sanctifier baptized the Western Siberia, the other opposed the Polish ideas of contraposition Ukraine to Russia. And Archbishop John himself argued strongly against the disruption between Ukraine and Russia, "gathered up the Russian universe, from Shanghai to San Francisco, by his feat and his word" and revitalized the Orthodoxy on the West.
"Thanks to his mission the Americans converted to Orthodoxy, like famous Hieromonk Seraphim (Rose), became the Russian patriots and constructed "Holy Russia" in California. This activity in the context of the current political Russophobia in the West is all the more urgent", the statement says.
- Check of leader of Jewish movement Shahar for extremism might have to do with social media post - lawyer 13 August 2018, 17:28
- Teen suspected of setting fire to church in Karelia to be evaluated for sanity 13 August 2018, 14:29
- Teenage Satanist suspected of setting fire to wooden church in Karelia 13 August 2018, 12:58
- Police checking leader of Jewish movement in Russia for extremism - lawyer 10 August 2018, 20:53
- Russian Foreign Ministry asks Greek embassy for explanations on problems with issuing visas to priests 10 August 2018, 10:43
- St. Petersburg resident sentenced to 5 years in prison for preparing Kazan Cathedral terror attack 10 August 2018, 10:40
- Activists set up organization to protect rights of Orthodox believers in Eastern Europe 07 August 2018, 13:58
- Greece not issuing long-term visas to Russian priests - Russian patriarch's ex-spokesman 07 August 2018, 13:12
- Meeting of Moscow, Constantinople patriarchs will prove futility of efforts to split church - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 06 August 2018, 18:01
- Russia to memorialize 20 Holocaust execution sites 06 August 2018, 17:56
- Agenda of meeting between patriarchs Kirill, Bartholomew in works - Russian Orthodox Church 06 August 2018, 14:49
- Priest visits Oleg Sentsov in prison 06 August 2018, 14:05
- Patriarchs Kirill, Bartholomew to meet in Istanbul on Aug 31 06 August 2018, 13:45
- Moldova preparing for Patriarch Kirill's visit 02 August 2018, 12:32
- Poroshenko dismissed an official who promised him autocephaly to the Day of Russia's Baptism - media 02 August 2018, 11:05
- Patriarch Kirill appoints Grigory Antyufeyev acting general director of Sofrino (updated) 30 July 2018, 14:46
- No searches being conducted at Sofrino - source 30 July 2018, 12:38
- Patriarch Kirill removes long-term church administrator Parkhayev from all posts 30 July 2018, 12:35
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry estimates number of participants in so-called Kiev Patriarchate's procession as 65,000 people 28 July 2018, 17:47
- Poroshenko sees Russian Orthodox Church as threat to Ukraine 28 July 2018, 16:15
- Putin sees Christianization of Kievan Rus as start of Russia's statehood 28 July 2018, 14:29
- Putin joins religious procession marking 1030th anniversary of Christianization of Kievan Rus in Moscow 28 July 2018, 14:24
- Poroshenko joins schismatics' procession marking 1030th anniversary of Christianization of Rus in Kiev 28 July 2018, 12:56
- Russian Orthodox Church to resist attempts to separate Ukrainian Orthodox Church from it - Patriarch Kirill 28 July 2018, 09:07
- About 250,000 attend cross procession in Kiev - organizers 27 July 2018, 17:38
- Kiev cross procession begins 27 July 2018, 14:22
- Over 100,000 pilgrims to attend Kiev cross procession - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 27 July 2018, 14:00
- Heads, members of 10 local Orthodox Churches to celebrate 1030th anniversary of Baptism of Rus in Moscow 27 July 2018, 12:37
- Patriarch Kirill praises Ukrainian Orthodox Christians for staying loyal to Russian church before 1,030th anniversary of Christianization of Rus 27 July 2018, 11:06
- Patriarch Kirill hopes celebrations of 1,030th anniversary of Christianization of Rus can help overcome division in Ukraine 26 July 2018, 18:41