22 September 2008, 17:26
Orthodox believers found heaven guardians for Russian secret service
Moscow, September 22, Interfax - The Union of Orthodox Citizens strongly opposed the idea of reversion of Dzerzhinsky monument to Lubyanka and proposed to declare St. Alexander Nevsky and archbishop John (Maximovich) heaven guardians for Russian secret service.
"Dzerzhinsky is the demoniac enemy of Russian Orthodox Church whose hands are steeped in blood of the New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia. Moreover, the rehabilitation of Dzerzhinsky is contrary to the authorities' course for revival of great Russia", reads the Moscow department of the Unions' statement provided Monday to Interfax-Religion.
Earlier Vladimir Kolesnikov, the member of State Duma safety committee ("Unired Russia" faction), former Solicitor-General, proposed to restore the Dzerzhinsky monument on Lubyanka. Kolesnikov's colleagues in the committee greeted the idea with applause.
Meanwhile the Orthodox believers said that they were "curled up" at this initiative.
"Dzerzhinsky is one of the symbols of Bolshevist Russophobia, when the words "Motherland", "Russian" were forbidden", the statement reads.
According to the Union of Orthodox citizens the appelas to return the "iron Felix" monument to Lubyanka appear also because the Russian secret services still didn't get its own heaven guardians, like many other branches of arms.
Therefore the Union proposed to declare St. Prince Alexander Nevsky the heaven guardian of FSB and to make his words: "The one who comes to us with the sword shall perish with the sword" - "the slogan of every security officer".
According to the Orthodox believers Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco John (Maximovich) should be the spirit guardian of Foreign Intelligence Service. Former hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, he was canonized there in 1994. In the end of June the Bishop's Council of the Moscow Patriarchate adopted a decision of church celebration of Shanghai Holy Hierarch.
The authors of the statement also reminded that one of the forefathers of the Sanctifier baptized the Western Siberia, the other opposed the Polish ideas of contraposition Ukraine to Russia. And Archbishop John himself argued strongly against the disruption between Ukraine and Russia, "gathered up the Russian universe, from Shanghai to San Francisco, by his feat and his word" and revitalized the Orthodoxy on the West.
"Thanks to his mission the Americans converted to Orthodoxy, like famous Hieromonk Seraphim (Rose), became the Russian patriots and constructed "Holy Russia" in California. This activity in the context of the current political Russophobia in the West is all the more urgent", the statement says.
- The Russian Church warns that Trump's taxes on Chinese goods may lead to crisis of Christian mission in the USA 22 July 2019, 16:35
- Sagrada Familia and Notre Dame listed among five most frequently photoed sights 22 July 2019, 13:56
- "Contemporary" church to be built in the Setun valley in Moscow 22 July 2019, 11:38
- Georgian campaigners for gay propaganda ban hand out treats for signatures 22 July 2019, 11:34
- Icons presented to Putin and Lukashenko at Konevets monastery near St. Petersburg 18 July 2019, 11:58
- Russian Church hopes authorities will not impede Christianization Day procession in Ukraine 18 July 2019, 11:13
- The Russian Church warns Constantinople about probable awkward situation its officials can face in Kiev on the Day of Russia's Baptism 17 July 2019, 18:36
- Metropolitan Hilarion doesn't consider Moscow "the third Rome" 15 July 2019, 12:10
- Church split isn't matter for Russian, Ukrainian presidents - Russian Orthodox Church 15 July 2019, 11:16
- Rights of sexual minorities should not be violated in Russia – Moskalkova 10 July 2019, 14:10
- Priest's statement that women are less smart than men is nonsense - Russian human rights council head 10 July 2019, 11:50
- Holy Synod of Russian Church speaks out against split of Serbian Church in Montenegro 10 July 2019, 10:38
- Lukashenko denies rumors of secret talks he might have with Putin in Valaam 09 July 2019, 12:25
- Almost half of Jewish Europeans considering emigrating over antisemitism - report 08 July 2019, 18:41
- Women less smart than men - head of patriarch's commission 08 July 2019, 17:46
- Filaret 'Moscow's ally' - Orthodox Church of Ukraine 08 July 2019, 17:44
- Georgian priests demand square before parliament be cleared of protesters' banners 08 July 2019, 13:19
- Georgian LGBT community calls off Tbilisi action due to threats 08 July 2019, 12:06
- Putin speaks of pope's favorite writers, Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy 05 July 2019, 13:20
- Pope hails Russia's efforts to protect Christian holy places in Syria – Peskov 05 July 2019, 13:09
- Putin, Pope Francis did not discuss latter's visit to Russia – Peskov 05 July 2019, 13:07
- Putin talked with Pope Francis about protection of Christians in Syria 05 July 2019, 12:14
- Names of submariners killed in Barents Sea to be perpetuated on Kronstadt Naval Cathedral's walls 04 July 2019, 18:28
- Russian Orthodox Church hails contacts between Putin, Vatican 04 July 2019, 17:54
- Putin - Pope Francis meeting lasted exactly one hour (updated) 04 July 2019, 17:06
- Inviting Pope to Russia not to be raised during Putin's visit to Vatican - Ushakov 03 July 2019, 18:22
- Putin in Vatican to discuss restoration of Christian shrines in Syria, Roman Church's humanitarian projects in Donbas, Venezuela 03 July 2019, 18:20
- Filaret declares tomos granted by Constantinople to Ukraine false 02 July 2019, 18:03
- Peskov unaware whether Putin plans to invite Pope to Russia 01 July 2019, 14:39
- The Russian Orthodox Church condemns the law on bishops’ citizenship adopted in Latvia 01 July 2019, 13:29