24 October 2008, 17:34
Police arrested notorious Russian cultist who set up orgies
Moscow, October 24, Interfax - Law enforcement agencies detained the leader of Ashram Shambala cult Konstantin Rudnev after several years of a futile search.
He stayed in a flat not far from Berdsk, the Novosibirsk Region. Though he also had another 'headquarters,' the Komsomolskaya Pravda website has reported on Friday.
"Our officers had to penetrate in the two flats. However, according to legislation, we didn't have the right to break their door open. The help came by chance - there was an underage missing girl from Minsk in one flat, who figured in a criminal case," sources in law enforcement agencies said.
The police arrested Rudnev and released his voluntarily captives on Thursday at 7 a.m. Rudnev 'became famous' in cultist field in Arkhangelsk. Then the police closed his sect named the School of Geishas. Its adherents tried to open 'secrets of the universe' by the way of sex orgies.
The sect attracted women promising to 'release their hidden sexual energy' and teach them how 'to seduce a partner.' After making a small payment, 'lakshmi' (thus the sect called 'geishas') were given a brief course of lections on good and evil, 'the power of feminity' and 'liberation of chakras.'
Graduates of the school had to pass 'exams' where they were offered to take part in group sex and sex with animals. The sect leaders called it 'tantrum-yoga.'
Trip to Altay, meeting with supreme 'ashram priestess' Amrita and everlasting search of 'shambala' were in store for Rudnev's best pupils.
'In spite of the evident debility of Rudnev's teaching, he has thousands of followers. Since 1990-s he practiced money-laundering, seduction of the underaged, sexual violation and other perversions. All orgies were filmed on video and sold abroad. The sect originates from the academic town of Novosibirsk, and then grasped the whole Russia and even penetrated abroad,' deputy head of the informational and consulting center on sects at the Cathedral of St. Alexander of Neva in Novosibirsk Oleg Zayev said.
- New church of Ukraine in contact with SBU, but doesn't coordinate actions – Filaret 21 January 2019, 12:39
- Group of Ukrainian parliamentarians challenges constitutionality of law obliging Ukrainian Orthodox Church to change its name 21 January 2019, 12:06
- Patriarch of Antioch says opposes actions aimed at dividing Orthodox 18 January 2019, 14:34
- Most valuables not missing from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra - deputy minister 18 January 2019, 14:32
- Putin invited to Belgrade to attend consecration of Cathedral of Saint Sava 18 January 2019, 14:15
- Church takeovers leitmotif of Ukrainian presidential campaign - Russian Orthodox Church 18 January 2019, 14:07
- Enthronement of Yepifaniy to be held on Feb 3 18 January 2019, 12:16
- Russia to return page of ancient Gospel to Serbia, Belgrade to return Roerich's pictures to Russia – Putin 18 January 2019, 12:13
- Ukraine's Opposition Bloc to appeal bill on subordination of religious communities to Constitutional Court 17 January 2019, 17:31
- Ukrainian law on joining new church makes seizing churches easier - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2019, 17:24
- Rada passes bill on transition of communities from one church to another 17 January 2019, 17:12
- Attempts are being made to divide Antioch Church - al-Assad 17 January 2019, 15:02
- Georgian Church to voice stance on Ukrainian autocephaly, govt not interfering - FM 16 January 2019, 18:58
- Metropolitan of Zaporozhye accuses Ukraine of attempt to 'drag God by his beard' 16 January 2019, 16:11
- Ukraine wants to re-register Kiev-Pechersk Lavra or take it away from UOC of Moscow Patriarchate - Metropolitan Pavel 16 January 2019, 16:03
- Putin describes establishment of new church in Ukraine as 'dangerous politicking' (updated) 16 January 2019, 13:43
- Inter-confessional accord in Ukraine sacrificed to Poroshenko's campaign - Putin 16 January 2019, 11:15
- Poroshenko guarantees protection to those who remain faithful to Moscow Patriarchate 15 January 2019, 16:50
- Homeless man detained on suspicion of setting fire to building at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra 15 January 2019, 14:25
- Fire at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's building contained to area of 400 sq m 14 January 2019, 21:02
- Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's 2-storey building on fire 14 January 2019, 19:06
- Rights activists report detention of 40 LGBT in Chechnya, Grozny official says it's 'absolute lie' 14 January 2019, 15:13
- Poroshenko decorates 2 metropolitans who joined new church from UOC with Order of Prince Yaroslav Mudry 14 January 2019, 13:41
- Media review: "Metropolitan Hilarion: Russian Orthodox Church was born in Kiev, not in Moscow or St. Petersburg" 14 January 2019, 12:14
- The Ukrainian Orthodox Church compared Ukraine's new church to "Titanic" 11 January 2019, 18:52
- Georgian president doesn't hurry to congratulate Ukraine on granting autocephaly 11 January 2019, 18:47
- Culture Minister's statement on icons missing from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra is provocation - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 11 January 2019, 17:35
- Georgian Church needs time to decide on recognizing Ukraine's autocephaly 10 January 2019, 14:39
- Tomos returns from Istanbul to Ukraine 10 January 2019, 14:34
- If Georgia recognizes Ukraine's autocephaly, Russia to recognize Abkhaz Church's independence - Burjanadze 09 January 2019, 18:55