24 October 2008, 17:34
Police arrested notorious Russian cultist who set up orgies
Moscow, October 24, Interfax - Law enforcement agencies detained the leader of Ashram Shambala cult Konstantin Rudnev after several years of a futile search.
He stayed in a flat not far from Berdsk, the Novosibirsk Region. Though he also had another 'headquarters,' the Komsomolskaya Pravda website has reported on Friday.
"Our officers had to penetrate in the two flats. However, according to legislation, we didn't have the right to break their door open. The help came by chance - there was an underage missing girl from Minsk in one flat, who figured in a criminal case," sources in law enforcement agencies said.
The police arrested Rudnev and released his voluntarily captives on Thursday at 7 a.m. Rudnev 'became famous' in cultist field in Arkhangelsk. Then the police closed his sect named the School of Geishas. Its adherents tried to open 'secrets of the universe' by the way of sex orgies.
The sect attracted women promising to 'release their hidden sexual energy' and teach them how 'to seduce a partner.' After making a small payment, 'lakshmi' (thus the sect called 'geishas') were given a brief course of lections on good and evil, 'the power of feminity' and 'liberation of chakras.'
Graduates of the school had to pass 'exams' where they were offered to take part in group sex and sex with animals. The sect leaders called it 'tantrum-yoga.'
Trip to Altay, meeting with supreme 'ashram priestess' Amrita and everlasting search of 'shambala' were in store for Rudnev's best pupils.
'In spite of the evident debility of Rudnev's teaching, he has thousands of followers. Since 1990-s he practiced money-laundering, seduction of the underaged, sexual violation and other perversions. All orgies were filmed on video and sold abroad. The sect originates from the academic town of Novosibirsk, and then grasped the whole Russia and even penetrated abroad,' deputy head of the informational and consulting center on sects at the Cathedral of St. Alexander of Neva in Novosibirsk Oleg Zayev said.
- Over 100 tons of matzo produced in Russia on the eve of Passover 18 April 2019, 18:02
- Patriarch Kirill sends condolences over the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral 18 April 2019, 13:30
- Bortnikov warns about 1,500 trained Islamist terrorists returning to Europe 18 April 2019, 13:21
- FSB director says concerned about anti-Islamic terrorism, psycho killers 18 April 2019, 11:36
- Russian Church about Notre Dame fire: the world will never be the same 17 April 2019, 11:19
- Kremlin announces readiness to send Russian specialists to help restore Notre Dame in Paris 16 April 2019, 12:32
- Parishioners return to the restored Armenian church in Aleppo 16 April 2019, 12:06
- Russian Culture Ministry to propose organizing fundraiser to help restore Paris' Notre Dame 16 April 2019, 12:02
- Putin offers sympathy over Notre Dame Cathedral fire, offers sending best Russian specialists to Paris – Kremlin 16 April 2019, 12:00
- Russian Orthodox priest believes "real men" exist only in the Special Forces 15 April 2019, 17:40
- Lavrov, Patriarch Kirill discuss church crisis in Ukraine, Christian presence in Middle East 15 April 2019, 10:51
- Peter the Great's charter by which he appoints Metropolitan of Kiev delivered to Ukraine from Germany 15 April 2019, 10:50
- Crosses dismantled in Kuropaty have nothing to do with perpetuation of memory of Stalinist-era victims - Belarusian Ministry of Forestry 12 April 2019, 09:15
- Tajik court sentences former functionary of prohibited Islamic party to 15 years in prison 10 April 2019, 14:19
- Passover to prevent Jews from voting on April 21 "before star-rise" - Ukraine's chief rabbi 09 April 2019, 19:05
- Kiev court finds involuntary renaming of canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church to be unlawful 08 April 2019, 10:56
- Synod conducts rotation of Patriarch Kirill's vicars 05 April 2019, 15:44
- Beautification works, dismantling of illegally erected crosses underway at Kuropaty 05 April 2019, 10:47
- Rabbi Lazar thanks Putin for his help in returning home Israeli soldier's remnants 04 April 2019, 19:01
- Head of OCU congratulates NATO on anniversary, calls to protect freedom from evil together 04 April 2019, 15:33
- Religious communities in Russia begin joint efforts for restoring schools in Syria 04 April 2019, 10:59
- Ukraine's new church fears possibility of tomos revocation 04 April 2019, 10:26
- 750,000 abortions performed in Russia annually, only one-fifth for medical reasons 03 April 2019, 14:29
- Russian Church calls on OSCE to boost religious freedom monitoring in Ukraine 03 April 2019, 12:25
- Karabakh settlement process cannot be one-way road - Catholicos of All Armenians 03 April 2019, 12:19
- ECHR to consider case of discrimination against UOC community in Rovno Region 01 April 2019, 18:18
- Leader of Russia's Jewish community outraged with new Rammstein video 29 March 2019, 18:28
- Kiev court to consider Church's name change lawsuit against Culture Ministry 29 March 2019, 18:22
- Kremlin follows St. Isaac's Cathedral situation, but refrains from comment 29 March 2019, 14:36
- Crimea's Muslim board urges local Muslims not to get in touch with sect members 29 March 2019, 11:03