05 November 2008, 16:48
The Russian Church urges to help others in spite of financial crisis
Moscow, November 5, Interfax – The Russian Orthodox Church urges to help others even under financial crisis.
“Though the crisis hasn’t affected ordinary citizens yet, we all should be ready to consider how much we are ready to spend on ourselves and what to allocate for good deeds,” Deputy Head of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said at a press-conference in Moscow.
He believes, that all citizens regardless of their income should save some money for the “work of God” to help those in need.
The priest thinks it is necessary to remember that all funds given to help other people always return to the donator.
The Moscow Patriarchate representative also urges to remember that stable economy is impossible when “money is made without any connection with real work, goods and services.” Fr. Vsevolod believes the world economy turns in “a huge financial pyramid” that can collapse anytime.
- Russian Jews calls terrorist act in Rouen church 'terrific provocation' aimed at kindling religious hostility 27 July 2016, 14:28
- Opponents to the procession with cross mistakenly mocked at the 'Kiev Patriarchate' leader 27 July 2016, 14:25
- From 8,000 to 10,000 believers gathered on Vladimirskaya Gorka in Kiev 27 July 2016, 14:18
- Patriarch Kirill shocked by gruesome killing of Catholic priest in Rouen, wishes people of France peace and blessings 27 July 2016, 11:19
- Vandals damaged a crypt at the tomb of renowned rabbi in Ukraine 27 July 2016, 11:06
- Ukrainian authorities had no right to block cross procession - Moscow Patriarchate 27 July 2016, 10:56
- Sacred procession near Kiev comes to halt again over suspicious object 26 July 2016, 19:28
- Ukraine's Interior Ministry moves to stop procession of believers walking along Zhytomyr Highway, make them proceed on buses 26 July 2016, 18:55
- Azov militant sentenced to 6 years in custody for arson of a mosque in Crimea 26 July 2016, 18:51
- Patriarch Kirill believes Christian Orthodox world won't be split despite political ill-wishers 26 July 2016, 18:48
- Patriarch Kirill calls Russia's stance on Syria noble and honest 26 July 2016, 18:46
- Participants in sacred procession move to Kiev by foot despite calls of law enforcers to use buses 26 July 2016, 18:36
- Ukrainian National Police, National Guard block sacred procession along Kiev's streets - Interior minister 26 July 2016, 14:09
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry offers to move sacred procession in Kiev via buses for safety considerations 26 July 2016, 14:06
- Former Yukos shareholders no longer claim Russian land site in Paris - defense lawyers for Russia 25 July 2016, 17:18
- Opponents to procession of Ukrainian Orthodox Church block highway to Borispol 25 July 2016, 16:12
- Dushanbe asks Interpol to help catch banned Islamic party leader 22 July 2016, 16:00
- Ukrainian intelligence: Russian special services intend to use Ukrainian Orthodox Church cross procession for provocations 22 July 2016, 15:06
- Non-participation by some Churches in Pan-Orthodox Council was caused by external attempt to cause division in Orthodox world - Lavrov 22 July 2016, 15:01
- Poroshenko regrets about decision on Volyn tragedy and urges to Christian conciliation 22 July 2016, 14:25
- It's unacceptable to use Ukrainian crisis to divide Orthodox Church - Lavrov 22 July 2016, 13:58
- Russian Jews speak strongly against gay pride parade in Jerusalem 22 July 2016, 11:41
- Russia's advantage over West is common moral standings of Orthodox Christians, Muslims 22 July 2016, 10:00
- Tatarstan is responsible for ethnic relations to all Russia - Patriarch Kirill 21 July 2016, 15:44
- Patriarch Kirill lays down foundation of cathedral on site where miracle-working icon was obtained in Kazan 21 July 2016, 15:08
- Cross procession led by Patriarch Kirill was going on in Kazan 21 July 2016, 14:18
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia is against exhumation of Jews killed in Poland during the war 21 July 2016, 13:09
- Priests tried to stop clashes of demonstrators with police in Yerevan 21 July 2016, 12:12
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Tatarstan's Orthodox Christians, Muslims to live in good peace 20 July 2016, 18:29
- Constantinople calls it coincidence that Patriarch Bartholomew left Turkey a few hours before the attempted coup 20 July 2016, 11:38