05 December 2008, 11:39
Emperor Nicholas II remains found near Yekaterinburg are authentic - U.S. experts
Yekaterinburg, December 5, Interfax - U.S. experts are certain that it was the 'first' burial site near Yekaterinburg where the authentic remains of Emperor Nicholas II of Russia were found, said Dr. Michael Coble, the research director at the U.S. Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory.
The laboratory examined three types of DNA and compared them to the DNA of Prince Alexey, the son of Nicholas II, and Andrei Romanov, a cousin of Nicholas II, and the examination of all three results dispels all doubts, Coble told journalists in Yekaterinburg.
Eleven family members of the last Russian emperor Nicholas II and his fellows were executed in the early hours of July 17, 1918 at the order of the Presidium of the Ural Regional Soviet.
A burial site in which there were remains of nine people was found on Staraya Koptyakovskaya road near Yekaterinburg in July 1991. Those were the remains of Nicholas II, his spouse Alexandra Fyodorovna, 46, daughters Olga, 22, Tatyana, 21, Anastasia, 17, as well as his fellows Yevgeny Botkin, 53, Anna Demidova, 40, Alois Trupp, 62, and Ivan Kharitonov, 48.
Years after, fragments of bones and teeth were recovered from the so-called 'second' burial site during archeological exploration on July 29, 2007. Russian and international experts confirmed that what was found there are the remains of Prince Alexey and Grand Duchess Maria.
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01