10 November 2005, 11:28
Union of Orthodox citizens ranks atheists challenging the word ‘God’ in the Russian national anthem among Nazi and national extremists
Moscow, November 10, Interfax - The appeal of atheists in Moscow to the Constitutional Court to remove the reference to God in the national anthem of the country creates conditions for having the French scenario repeated in Russia, believes the Union of Orthodox Citizens.
‘The laughable appeal made by a ‘relic’ group of the militant atheists to the Russian Constitutional Court demanding that the reference to God should be dismissed from the national anthem was immediately extolled by those who are not pleased with the Orthodox revival in our country’, reads the Union’s statement the text of which was communicated to Interfax.
Its authors hold that the present events in France were predetermined when “‘the Brussels bureaucracy’ refused to comply with requests from European Catholics to refer to Europe’s Christian roots”.
‘Now the West is facing the fruits of its disregard of Christ beginning from dogmatic innovations to the loss of its own identity and consequently helplessness in face of terrorism and a total demographic crisis threatening to dilute the European nations’, the document states.
The Union activists are convinced that it is atheism that is the real cause of Russia’s demographic crisis, alcoholism and drug-addiction and geopolitical defeats.
‘On the other hand, the national humiliation of the largest divided nation in the world, the Russian nation, the unprecedented violations of the rights of Russian people in Ukraine and the Baltics, the Wahhabi aggression - all this leads to reciprocal manifestations of radical nationalism and extremism’, the authors of the statement note.
In this connection, they underline that ‘it is only the Orthodox foundation that will make the Russian revival positive and creative, while the reunification of Historical Russia real, because the Russian Orthodox Church is the only whole structure in the post-Soviet space’.
The authors also point out that the national extremists and Nazi, who are adherents to neo-paganism, often hate the Russian Orthodox Church. ‘Their crowd is joined by those who deprive our children of an opportunity for studying Basic Orthodox Culture in school and forbid the mention of God in the national anthem in a country whose population is 90-percent baptized in Orthodoxy!’ the document states.
See the full text in Documents.
- Specialists decide not to open any more Romanov graves in Nicholas II family death case 27 November 2015, 16:18
- Russian soldiers killed in Syria were commemorated in Moscow 27 November 2015, 14:47
- Samples of remains of Alexander III will be taken to Moscow soon - head of Russian State Archive 27 November 2015, 14:14
- Experts open grave of Alexander III in St. Petersburg 27 November 2015, 13:51
- Muslim Board of Caucasus considers events in Baku an attempt to seize power 27 November 2015, 13:29
- Church appreciates of Putin's policy for his 'iron will' and readiness to go all the way 27 November 2015, 10:30
- Crimean authorities refuse to use Turkish services for building the mosque 27 November 2015, 10:06
- Four worshippers, four policemen killed in clash in Baku - TV (updated) 26 November 2015, 16:10
- Tsar Alexander III grave in Petersburg to be opened on Nov 27, samples of remains to be sent to Moscow 26 November 2015, 13:43
- Kyrgyz court tightens punishment for former mosque worker recruiting fighters for Syria 25 November 2015, 14:21
- Delegation of Russian Orthodox Church cancels visit to Istanbul 25 November 2015, 13:56
- Turkish administration purposefully supports Islamization of its country - Putin 25 November 2015, 12:27
- Turkey made a blow on good will of Russian people and should apologize 25 November 2015, 11:43
- Russia not striking mosques in Syria - Defense Minister 25 November 2015, 10:06
- Archpriest Chaplin urges Russia to realize ideals of Holy Rus, caliphate, USSR 24 November 2015, 17:58
- Kadyrov calls law on immunity of holy books from jurisdiction 'triumph of justice' 24 November 2015, 15:25
- General Secretary of the International Union of Muslim Scholars calls false the information about his support of Russian operation in Syria 24 November 2015, 13:28
- Expert on Islam suggests banning the International Union of Muslim Scholars in Russia 24 November 2015, 10:04
- The Russian Church is the most rapidly growing organization in Russia 24 November 2015, 10:02
- At least one month required for studies related to royal family case - leading genetic scientist 23 November 2015, 16:42
- Russians see IS as most probable adversary in next decade - poll 23 November 2015, 12:23
- Alexander III shrine to be opened Tuesday for DNA study in probe into death of last Russian tsar's family - source 23 November 2015, 11:29
- IS recruiting unit eliminated in Nalchik 23 November 2015, 10:00
- Jewish community opposes death penalty in Russia 20 November 2015, 18:25
- Pope accepts Poroshenko's invitation to visit Ukraine 20 November 2015, 18:13
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin backs death penalty in some situations, favors elimination of terrorists before trial 20 November 2015, 16:22
- Up to 10,000 ISIL militants have origins in CIS countries - Syrian ambassador to Russia 20 November 2015, 15:38
- Head of Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia condemns double standards in evaluation of terrorism, counterterrorism 20 November 2015, 14:55
- Church official suggests expanding religious education in schools to prevent terrorism 20 November 2015, 14:54
- Russia's going back to death penalty would only make jihadist suicide bombers laugh - head of human rights council 20 November 2015, 14:43