10 November 2005, 11:28
Union of Orthodox citizens ranks atheists challenging the word ‘God’ in the Russian national anthem among Nazi and national extremists
Moscow, November 10, Interfax - The appeal of atheists in Moscow to the Constitutional Court to remove the reference to God in the national anthem of the country creates conditions for having the French scenario repeated in Russia, believes the Union of Orthodox Citizens.
‘The laughable appeal made by a ‘relic’ group of the militant atheists to the Russian Constitutional Court demanding that the reference to God should be dismissed from the national anthem was immediately extolled by those who are not pleased with the Orthodox revival in our country’, reads the Union’s statement the text of which was communicated to Interfax.
Its authors hold that the present events in France were predetermined when “‘the Brussels bureaucracy’ refused to comply with requests from European Catholics to refer to Europe’s Christian roots”.
‘Now the West is facing the fruits of its disregard of Christ beginning from dogmatic innovations to the loss of its own identity and consequently helplessness in face of terrorism and a total demographic crisis threatening to dilute the European nations’, the document states.
The Union activists are convinced that it is atheism that is the real cause of Russia’s demographic crisis, alcoholism and drug-addiction and geopolitical defeats.
‘On the other hand, the national humiliation of the largest divided nation in the world, the Russian nation, the unprecedented violations of the rights of Russian people in Ukraine and the Baltics, the Wahhabi aggression - all this leads to reciprocal manifestations of radical nationalism and extremism’, the authors of the statement note.
In this connection, they underline that ‘it is only the Orthodox foundation that will make the Russian revival positive and creative, while the reunification of Historical Russia real, because the Russian Orthodox Church is the only whole structure in the post-Soviet space’.
The authors also point out that the national extremists and Nazi, who are adherents to neo-paganism, often hate the Russian Orthodox Church. ‘Their crowd is joined by those who deprive our children of an opportunity for studying Basic Orthodox Culture in school and forbid the mention of God in the national anthem in a country whose population is 90-percent baptized in Orthodoxy!’ the document states.
See the full text in Documents.
- Russian Jewish community mourns over Nicholas Winton, who saved hundreds of children from the Holocaust 02 July 2015, 20:14
- Imam detained in Kyrgyzstan plotted terror acts, coup - Interior Ministry 02 July 2015, 14:55
- U.S. policy of spreading same-sex family values to find no global support - Russian MP 30 June 2015, 18:09
- Russian courts imposed fines for gay propaganda only twice last year 29 June 2015, 18:20
- Russian Church denies reports of time and place of Patriarch-Pope meeting being set 29 June 2015, 18:18
- Leader of Russia's major Protestant Church calls the day when homosexual "marriages" were legalized the most shameful in Christian history of the USA 29 June 2015, 17:21
- Georgian patriarch condemns same-sex "marriage" permitted in U.S 29 June 2015, 12:46
- St. Petersburg scientologists refused in registration 29 June 2015, 12:11
- Second attack on Orthodox church in month reported in Kiev Region 29 June 2015, 10:20
- U.S. decision to legalize same-sex "marriages" godless, sinful - Russian Church 29 June 2015, 10:00
- Russians are now more loyal to sex before marriage than they were 25 years ago - poll 26 June 2015, 18:09
- Priest for the Far North wanted by the Russian Orthodox Church 26 June 2015, 17:02
- Patriarch Kirill to perform funeral prayer for Yevgeny Primakov 26 June 2015, 16:56
- Uzbekistan concerned about women's recruitment for ISIL 26 June 2015, 11:47
- European Islamophobia makes Baku think about leaving the Council of Europe 26 June 2015, 11:45
- Kadyrov: Islamic State has no chances in Chechnya 26 June 2015, 11:43
- Tajik leader brands IS 'plague of the century' 26 June 2015, 10:16
- Head of Armenian Catholic Church dies 26 June 2015, 10:00
- Patrushev dubs activity of ISIL terrorists as main threat to peace, security 25 June 2015, 15:55
- Ukrainian Security Service reports detention of two Islamist women from Russia 25 June 2015, 15:01
- Only 3% of Russians said the main threat is from Islamic terrorists 25 June 2015, 12:31
- Church activists suggest making cases for gadgets with quotes from the Gospels 24 June 2015, 12:04
- Russian Security Council deputy secretary: the Middle East states should pray for Al-Assad 24 June 2015, 11:17
- Patriarch Kirill prays for repose of souls of Brest Fortress heroes 22 June 2015, 18:04
- Russia extradites Islamic Party of Turkestan extremist to Uzbekistan 22 June 2015, 17:40
- New attempts of the Ukrainian schismatics to set up a local church have no prospects, the UOC official believes 22 June 2015, 17:38
- Leader of Islamic Party is afraid to return to Tajikistan 22 June 2015, 10:40
- Archbishopric of Brussels and Belgium rejects Belgian courts' claims on its assets 22 June 2015, 10:13
- Lukashenko promises Patriarch Kirill to do his utmost to stop war in Ukraine 22 June 2015, 10:00
- Hizb ut-Tahrir printing house found in south Kyrgyzstan 19 June 2015, 18:10