10 November 2005, 11:28
Union of Orthodox citizens ranks atheists challenging the word ‘God’ in the Russian national anthem among Nazi and national extremists
Moscow, November 10, Interfax - The appeal of atheists in Moscow to the Constitutional Court to remove the reference to God in the national anthem of the country creates conditions for having the French scenario repeated in Russia, believes the Union of Orthodox Citizens.
‘The laughable appeal made by a ‘relic’ group of the militant atheists to the Russian Constitutional Court demanding that the reference to God should be dismissed from the national anthem was immediately extolled by those who are not pleased with the Orthodox revival in our country’, reads the Union’s statement the text of which was communicated to Interfax.
Its authors hold that the present events in France were predetermined when “‘the Brussels bureaucracy’ refused to comply with requests from European Catholics to refer to Europe’s Christian roots”.
‘Now the West is facing the fruits of its disregard of Christ beginning from dogmatic innovations to the loss of its own identity and consequently helplessness in face of terrorism and a total demographic crisis threatening to dilute the European nations’, the document states.
The Union activists are convinced that it is atheism that is the real cause of Russia’s demographic crisis, alcoholism and drug-addiction and geopolitical defeats.
‘On the other hand, the national humiliation of the largest divided nation in the world, the Russian nation, the unprecedented violations of the rights of Russian people in Ukraine and the Baltics, the Wahhabi aggression - all this leads to reciprocal manifestations of radical nationalism and extremism’, the authors of the statement note.
In this connection, they underline that ‘it is only the Orthodox foundation that will make the Russian revival positive and creative, while the reunification of Historical Russia real, because the Russian Orthodox Church is the only whole structure in the post-Soviet space’.
The authors also point out that the national extremists and Nazi, who are adherents to neo-paganism, often hate the Russian Orthodox Church. ‘Their crowd is joined by those who deprive our children of an opportunity for studying Basic Orthodox Culture in school and forbid the mention of God in the national anthem in a country whose population is 90-percent baptized in Orthodoxy!’ the document states.
See the full text in Documents.
- Russian and Coptic churches support restoration of air contacts between Russia and Egypt 09 February 2016, 17:48
- Abortion ban law adopted in Abkhazia 09 February 2016, 14:42
- Former Yukos shareholders' attempts to claim title to Paris land plot challenged at court - Russian Embassy 09 February 2016, 10:40
- The Russian Church official considers symbolic that the patriarch meets with the pope 'at a crossroad' 09 February 2016, 10:03
- Church dismisses as "hoax" reports about seizure of church construction site in Paris 08 February 2016, 17:37
- Russian diplomats checking reports of Russia's Paris property seizure in Yukos lawsuit 08 February 2016, 17:17
- Patriarch, pope meeting 'a mutual step halfway' between Russia, Western world – Peskov 08 February 2016, 13:17
- Seven ISIL members preparing terror attacks in Moscow, St. Petersburg detained in Yekaterinburg 08 February 2016, 12:54
- Tajikistan's mutiny participants, leaders of outlawed Islamic Renaissance Party to face court 08 February 2016, 12:44
- Georgian Patriarchate asks to provide security to human rights activist from LGBT community 08 February 2016, 10:03
- Patriarch-pope meeting to benefit Christians in Islamic countries - mufti Tajuddin 08 February 2016, 10:02
- Rabbi Kogan blesses the patriarch-pope meeting 08 February 2016, 10:01
- Delaying patriarch-pope meeting "no longer possible" - Russian Orthodox Church 08 February 2016, 10:00
- Meeting between pope, patriarch of Moscow to mark new stage in relations between two Churches - joint statement 05 February 2016, 20:59
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church criticizes Ukraine's Foreign Ministry 05 February 2016, 17:47
- OSCE mission investigate the situation around the church in Ukrainian village of Ptichya 05 February 2016, 16:46
- Patriarch Kirill goes on tour of Latin America 05 February 2016, 16:38
- Russian Catholics place high hopes on meeting of Pope Francis and Patriarch Kirill 05 February 2016, 15:38
- Pope's possible visit to Russia not being discussed for now - Metropolitan Hilarion 05 February 2016, 15:11
- Patriarch Kirill, pope to meet on Cuba on February 12 (updated) 05 February 2016, 14:40
- Russian Church canonizes Dr. Botkin killed with tsar family 05 February 2016, 10:02
- Every second Russian for Russia's closing up with Islamic world 04 February 2016, 16:16
- Orthodox church desecrated in Kiev 04 February 2016, 15:44
- Russian Church calms down the believers who consider Pan-Orthodox Council 'anti-Christ' 04 February 2016, 10:03
- Islamic coalition to fight terrorism within international law 04 February 2016, 10:01
- Turks together with Islamists robbed Armenian Churches in Syria 03 February 2016, 15:57
- UOC primate concerned about legalization of homosexual 'marriages' in Ukraine 03 February 2016, 15:07
- Inquiry into royal family killing to continue as long as necessary - Patriarch Kirill 02 February 2016, 16:55
- Berdimuhamedov writes book about spiritual culture of Turkmen 02 February 2016, 10:01
- Heads of Orthodox Churches negate the equality of confessions, but are open to the ecumenical movement 01 February 2016, 17:34