10 November 2005, 11:28
Union of Orthodox citizens ranks atheists challenging the word ‘God’ in the Russian national anthem among Nazi and national extremists
Moscow, November 10, Interfax - The appeal of atheists in Moscow to the Constitutional Court to remove the reference to God in the national anthem of the country creates conditions for having the French scenario repeated in Russia, believes the Union of Orthodox Citizens.
‘The laughable appeal made by a ‘relic’ group of the militant atheists to the Russian Constitutional Court demanding that the reference to God should be dismissed from the national anthem was immediately extolled by those who are not pleased with the Orthodox revival in our country’, reads the Union’s statement the text of which was communicated to Interfax.
Its authors hold that the present events in France were predetermined when “‘the Brussels bureaucracy’ refused to comply with requests from European Catholics to refer to Europe’s Christian roots”.
‘Now the West is facing the fruits of its disregard of Christ beginning from dogmatic innovations to the loss of its own identity and consequently helplessness in face of terrorism and a total demographic crisis threatening to dilute the European nations’, the document states.
The Union activists are convinced that it is atheism that is the real cause of Russia’s demographic crisis, alcoholism and drug-addiction and geopolitical defeats.
‘On the other hand, the national humiliation of the largest divided nation in the world, the Russian nation, the unprecedented violations of the rights of Russian people in Ukraine and the Baltics, the Wahhabi aggression - all this leads to reciprocal manifestations of radical nationalism and extremism’, the authors of the statement note.
In this connection, they underline that ‘it is only the Orthodox foundation that will make the Russian revival positive and creative, while the reunification of Historical Russia real, because the Russian Orthodox Church is the only whole structure in the post-Soviet space’.
The authors also point out that the national extremists and Nazi, who are adherents to neo-paganism, often hate the Russian Orthodox Church. ‘Their crowd is joined by those who deprive our children of an opportunity for studying Basic Orthodox Culture in school and forbid the mention of God in the national anthem in a country whose population is 90-percent baptized in Orthodoxy!’ the document states.
See the full text in Documents.
- Georgian Orthodox Christian activists hold protest rally on Pope Francis' route 30 September 2016, 16:18
- Pope Francis begins visit to Tbilisi 30 September 2016, 15:58
- Hearing into appeals contesting ex-Moscow Patriarchate employee's conviction postponed until Oct 5 30 September 2016, 12:52
- Nothing threatens Grozovsky's life in prison, priests visit him once a week - sources 30 September 2016, 12:45
- Aggression of Greek-Catholics should become the main topic in Orthodox-Catholic dialogue - Metropolitan Hilarion 30 September 2016, 11:35
- Hizb ut-Tahrir cell's activity suppressed in Tatarstan 30 September 2016, 10:04
- The USA prevented Ukraine from overcoming schism - UOC official 29 September 2016, 17:52
- Lawyers for former Yukos shareholders announce plans to stop attempts to suspend construction of Russian cultural center in Paris (updated) 29 September 2016, 14:58
- Azerbaijani president calls for fight against xenophobia and Islamophobia 29 September 2016, 10:31
- Patriarch Kirill signs a petition calling to ban abortions in Russia 28 September 2016, 12:35
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate has twice as many parishes as two schismatic organizations together 28 September 2016, 11:37
- A bomb was used to sabotage the Congress of Orthodox women in Ukraine 27 September 2016, 15:02
- Bell ringing of the Russian cathedral is spread over the center of Paris 27 September 2016, 12:16
- Red paint poured onto the monument to Holy Prince Vladimir in Kiev 27 September 2016, 12:02
- Twenty churches destroyed in Aleppo during the war 26 September 2016, 15:28
- The Russian Church is concerned with new books containing "revolutionary biographies" of Christ 26 September 2016, 14:16
- The Russian Church official speaks about Vatican's unwillingness to discuss the problem of Greek-Catholics in Ukraine 26 September 2016, 13:17
- Rabbi Lazar urges to learn lessons from Babi Yar and stop terrorism 26 September 2016, 12:14
- Most threats to Islamic world exist inside Muslim community - Kazakh foreign minister 26 September 2016, 11:11
- Politicians stand in way of Orthodox unification in Ukraine - head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church 23 September 2016, 17:46
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes monks for their passion for luxury 22 September 2016, 16:47
- Court prolongs until mid December arrest of MSU student accused of attempt to join ISIL 22 September 2016, 15:28
- Russian chapel consecrated at a Syrian airbase 22 September 2016, 12:03
- Georgia's Orthodox Parents protest against pope visit 21 September 2016, 14:58
- The Russian Church accuses Ukrainian Greek-Catholics of attacks against it 21 September 2016, 13:46
- Russian citizen who received training in ISIL jihadist camps detained in Tatarstan 21 September 2016, 13:43
- Orthodox believers of New York send a container with humanitarian aid to Donbass 21 September 2016, 12:51
- Renowned German political expert believes Christianity is a foundation of European future 21 September 2016, 10:01
- Some 300,000 Russian pilgrims visit Israel in space of year - Patriarch Kirill 20 September 2016, 14:52
- Russian Supreme Court outlaws Aum Shinrikyo 20 September 2016, 12:00