10 November 2005, 11:28
Union of Orthodox citizens ranks atheists challenging the word ‘God’ in the Russian national anthem among Nazi and national extremists
Moscow, November 10, Interfax - The appeal of atheists in Moscow to the Constitutional Court to remove the reference to God in the national anthem of the country creates conditions for having the French scenario repeated in Russia, believes the Union of Orthodox Citizens.
‘The laughable appeal made by a ‘relic’ group of the militant atheists to the Russian Constitutional Court demanding that the reference to God should be dismissed from the national anthem was immediately extolled by those who are not pleased with the Orthodox revival in our country’, reads the Union’s statement the text of which was communicated to Interfax.
Its authors hold that the present events in France were predetermined when “‘the Brussels bureaucracy’ refused to comply with requests from European Catholics to refer to Europe’s Christian roots”.
‘Now the West is facing the fruits of its disregard of Christ beginning from dogmatic innovations to the loss of its own identity and consequently helplessness in face of terrorism and a total demographic crisis threatening to dilute the European nations’, the document states.
The Union activists are convinced that it is atheism that is the real cause of Russia’s demographic crisis, alcoholism and drug-addiction and geopolitical defeats.
‘On the other hand, the national humiliation of the largest divided nation in the world, the Russian nation, the unprecedented violations of the rights of Russian people in Ukraine and the Baltics, the Wahhabi aggression - all this leads to reciprocal manifestations of radical nationalism and extremism’, the authors of the statement note.
In this connection, they underline that ‘it is only the Orthodox foundation that will make the Russian revival positive and creative, while the reunification of Historical Russia real, because the Russian Orthodox Church is the only whole structure in the post-Soviet space’.
The authors also point out that the national extremists and Nazi, who are adherents to neo-paganism, often hate the Russian Orthodox Church. ‘Their crowd is joined by those who deprive our children of an opportunity for studying Basic Orthodox Culture in school and forbid the mention of God in the national anthem in a country whose population is 90-percent baptized in Orthodoxy!’ the document states.
See the full text in Documents.
- Christians of Soviet times showed an example of uncompromising faith, Benedict XVI believes 24 May 2018, 14:32
- Lawyer for convicted priest Grozovsky files appeal 24 May 2018, 14:22
- Former Pope of Rome in his book criticizes new trends in Catholicism - Metropolitan Hilarion 24 May 2018, 14:13
- Serbian patriarch supports the unity of the Russian Church 24 May 2018, 12:27
- Moldovan president says LGBT march in Chisinau is alien to his country 22 May 2018, 16:50
- Autocephalous Church will complete formation of Ukraine's spiritual independence, boost national security - Poroshenko 21 May 2018, 11:52
- Sexual minorities hold their first successful parade in Chisinau 21 May 2018, 11:50
- Two policemen, churchgoer killed in special operation to eliminate militants in Grozny 21 May 2018, 11:46
- Christianity is world's most persecuted religion - Patriarch Kirill 17 May 2018, 18:54
- Granting Ukrainian splinter autocephalous church status would be legal nonsense - Metropolitan Hilarion 15 May 2018, 11:58
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes the world has entered the period of a new 'cold war,' presidents of Russia and the USA should sit at negotiating table 14 May 2018, 15:11
- Eco mosque functioning on solar batteries opened in Ukraine 11 May 2018, 17:33
- Establishing of the so-called one local Church in Ukraine will deepen the existing schism, the UOC official believes 11 May 2018, 17:15
- Jewish Day of Salvation and Liberation promotes understanding among people - Putin 10 May 2018, 13:22
- Russia seeks deeper ties with Islamic states - Putin 10 May 2018, 11:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion hopes local Churches will support canonical Church in Ukraine 08 May 2018, 10:38
- Patriarch Kirill wishes Putin health, strength to fulfill presidential tasks 07 May 2018, 16:08
- Metropolitan Onufry: setting up a united local Church in Ukraine will make us second-rate people 07 May 2018, 15:18
- First time in the new history six Jewish couples got married simultaneously 04 May 2018, 18:40
- Metropolitan Hilarion foresees schism in Orthodoxy compared to the Great Schism if Ukrainian schismatics obtain autocephaly 04 May 2018, 12:36
- Suspected organizer of Aum Shinrikyo sect's unit arrested in Moscow 04 May 2018, 10:33
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not share Patriarch Bartholomew's opinion about inevitable unification of Churches 03 May 2018, 11:17
- Catholicos of All Armenians, Armenian protest leader discuss ways of resolving crisis in country 28 April 2018, 11:07
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for Putin-Trump summit to promote world peace 23 April 2018, 15:09
- Kiev envoy goes to Istanbul with request on Ukrainian autocephaly for Ecumenical patriarch 20 April 2018, 17:35
- Catholicos of All Armenians urges protestors, police to exercise restraints 19 April 2018, 18:24
- Metropolitan Hilarion on situation in Ukraine: secular administration cannot initiate creation of autocephalous Church (updated) 19 April 2018, 14:41
- Rada speaker hopes for approval of autocephalous Ukrainian Orthodox Church by late July 19 April 2018, 14:37
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's autocephaly is geopolitical issue – Poroshenko 19 April 2018, 14:20
- Actions aimed at dividing church are not welcome - Peskov on situation in Ukraine 19 April 2018, 12:52