10 November 2005, 11:28
Union of Orthodox citizens ranks atheists challenging the word ‘God’ in the Russian national anthem among Nazi and national extremists
Moscow, November 10, Interfax - The appeal of atheists in Moscow to the Constitutional Court to remove the reference to God in the national anthem of the country creates conditions for having the French scenario repeated in Russia, believes the Union of Orthodox Citizens.
‘The laughable appeal made by a ‘relic’ group of the militant atheists to the Russian Constitutional Court demanding that the reference to God should be dismissed from the national anthem was immediately extolled by those who are not pleased with the Orthodox revival in our country’, reads the Union’s statement the text of which was communicated to Interfax.
Its authors hold that the present events in France were predetermined when “‘the Brussels bureaucracy’ refused to comply with requests from European Catholics to refer to Europe’s Christian roots”.
‘Now the West is facing the fruits of its disregard of Christ beginning from dogmatic innovations to the loss of its own identity and consequently helplessness in face of terrorism and a total demographic crisis threatening to dilute the European nations’, the document states.
The Union activists are convinced that it is atheism that is the real cause of Russia’s demographic crisis, alcoholism and drug-addiction and geopolitical defeats.
‘On the other hand, the national humiliation of the largest divided nation in the world, the Russian nation, the unprecedented violations of the rights of Russian people in Ukraine and the Baltics, the Wahhabi aggression - all this leads to reciprocal manifestations of radical nationalism and extremism’, the authors of the statement note.
In this connection, they underline that ‘it is only the Orthodox foundation that will make the Russian revival positive and creative, while the reunification of Historical Russia real, because the Russian Orthodox Church is the only whole structure in the post-Soviet space’.
The authors also point out that the national extremists and Nazi, who are adherents to neo-paganism, often hate the Russian Orthodox Church. ‘Their crowd is joined by those who deprive our children of an opportunity for studying Basic Orthodox Culture in school and forbid the mention of God in the national anthem in a country whose population is 90-percent baptized in Orthodoxy!’ the document states.
See the full text in Documents.
- Islamist from Russia caught in Bishkek with large quantities of extremist books, ammunition 26 August 2016, 10:47
- Churkin calls Kosovo 'gray zone' in center of Europe used by radical Islamists 26 August 2016, 10:31
- Europe's rabbis at Moscow congress stunned by absence of anti-Semitism in Russia 26 August 2016, 10:14
- Imam Velitov placed under house arrest in justification of terrorism inquiry 26 August 2016, 10:13
- Clergy do not decide to give judgment to preaching by imam Velitov charged with extremism 26 August 2016, 10:12
- Passenger not allowed to flight from Moscow with a liter of holy water 25 August 2016, 18:21
- Lawyer for Islamic party designated as extremist in Tajikistan accused of disclosing state secret 25 August 2016, 18:18
- Azeri authorities call for fight against supporters of preacher Gulen in country 25 August 2016, 16:20
- Samara court orders expulsion of six American Mormons who didn't register with migration authorities 25 August 2016, 15:35
- Gulen-supporting prorector fired from Azeri university 25 August 2016, 12:30
- Cupolas installed on Russian church in Paris 25 August 2016, 12:07
- Immoral actions reduced in Russian Army thanks to cooperation with the Church - Defense Minister 25 August 2016, 11:57
- Russian servicemen built a church of Karelian pine at Khmeimim airbase in Syria 25 August 2016, 10:50
- Barring of Russian Paralympians from Olympics crime against morals - Russian Orthodox Church 24 August 2016, 15:55
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Poroshenko on Independence Day, hopes for development of church-state interaction 24 August 2016, 12:33
- Syrian Christian leader asks Russia to help with release of captured metropolitans 24 August 2016, 11:00
- Patriarch Kirill addresses Erdogan the words of support in connection with a terrorist act in Turkey 23 August 2016, 17:50
- Number of actions against Christians in Middle East increases fourfold in past 7 years - Russian Foreign Ministry representative 23 August 2016, 15:53
- Terrorists arrested in Georgia deny connections with Ukraine, Wahhabis among them – lawyer 23 August 2016, 14:49
- Orthodox exhibition fair to be held in Switzerland 23 August 2016, 13:14
- Russian Orthodox Church to help resist extremism in jails 23 August 2016, 10:50
- Delegation of Jewish rabbis allowed to enter Belarus from Russia - media 23 August 2016, 10:10
- 500 rabbis gather at summit in Moscow, rabbi Lazar says situation with anti-semitism in Europe critical 22 August 2016, 17:06
- Russia's former ambassador to Turkey compares Gulen to Soros and his structure to Mason 22 August 2016, 16:36
- Russian border guards deny delegates of congress of Jewish rabbis entry into Byelorussia 22 August 2016, 15:56
- Russian Jewish community waiting for explanation of Vasilyeva's attitude to Stalin era 22 August 2016, 15:35
- Patriarch watches culture minister and boxer Valuyev playing football with schoolchildren on the Solovetsky Islands 22 August 2016, 11:26
- Religious component will not be strengthened in Russian education system - new education minister 22 August 2016, 10:00
- Putin appoints renowned religious expert Olga Vasilyeva a new Education and Science Minister 19 August 2016, 18:09
- Two people cured on Cyprus during the visit of the Crimean holy doctor's relics 19 August 2016, 16:20