02 March 2009, 13:41
Kremlin canteens extended Lenten menu to hundred dishes
Moscow, March 2, Interfax – Six public caterings of the Russian Presidential Administration, working for the canteens of the Kremlin, the State Duma, the Federation Council, the Constitutional Court will offer about hundred Lenten dishes during the Lent from March 2 to April 19.
“Our menu is extended to about a hundred Lenten dishes cooked on the recipes of traditional Russian cuisine and approved by Orthodox priests. Our cookery specialists made the dishes to vary during the week at the Lenten menu,” the Kremlin spokesman Viktor Khrekov said.
He noted that public caterings of the Russian Presidential Administration cater about 4 million people a year, about 16 thousand people eat at its canteens every day.
The Lenten menu includes various salads, including sour cabbage with sweet pepper, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and garlic, vegetable and mushroom soups, Russian sour cabbage soup, borsch (beetroot soup), vegetable puddings, parboiled carrots with green peas, kissel, compotes, and fruit drinks.
Prices on Lenten dishes won’t increase if compared with last year as majority of products are produced in farm enterprises subordinate to the Administration.
Prices for Lenten dishes vary from 10 to 70 rubles.
About 15-20 per cent of the Kremlin canteens visitors take Lenten dishes during the Lent.
- Muslim sheep slaughter to be banned in Moscow during Eid al-Adha feast 01 October 2014, 10:08
- Two prosecuted following police van incident near Moscow mosque 30 September 2014, 16:10
- Seven female Islamists apprehended in Kyrgyzstan 30 September 2014, 12:50
- Parishioners of the Moscow Mosque of the Council of Mufti attacked the police bus 29 September 2014, 15:50
- Russia picks Zvyagintsev's Leviathan for Oscar 29 September 2014, 10:08
- Police raid St. Petersburg Scientology church as part of fraud probe 29 September 2014, 10:06
- Up to 50,000 militants fight for Islamic State - Patrushev 26 September 2014, 12:04
- Two jailed in Azerbaijan for plotting mosque bombing 26 September 2014, 11:49
- Ukrainian Army occupied a church in Donetsk and fires from it 26 September 2014, 10:20
- Putin praises Russian Jews' role in consolidating interfaith harmony 26 September 2014, 10:07
- Ban on gay propaganda among minors doesn't restrict sexual minorities' rights - Russian Constitutional Court 26 September 2014, 10:05
- Israel ready to extradite Russian priest Grozovsky - source (updated) 25 September 2014, 18:11
- Patriarch Kirill hopes to visit Latvia 25 September 2014, 15:40
- The Menorah memorial desecrated with swastika in Babiy Yar 25 September 2014, 14:49
- Patriarch Kirill denies being vehicle of Kremlin policy 25 September 2014, 09:57
- Dissenters take over Orthodox church in Rovno Region of Ukraine 24 September 2014, 14:35
- Over 20,000 Hasidics arrive in Uman to celebrate New Year 24 September 2014, 14:15
- Hasidic pilgrims not afraid of traveling to Ukraine - border guards 24 September 2014, 10:50
- Russian religious leaders send anniversary greetings to Interfax 23 September 2014, 15:04
- Israeli embassy in Russia confirms Grozovsky detention 22 September 2014, 12:45
- State sovereignty is more important than camembert and jamon, leader of Russia's Jewish community believes 22 September 2014, 10:17
- Moscow to host Quran intl recitation contest on September 20 19 September 2014, 15:14
- Cross set up in Belgrade to commemorate defenders of the city during the First World War 19 September 2014, 11:12
- Ukrainian Army shells Donetsk monastery 18 September 2014, 16:53
- Russia and Vatican to hold art exhibition on Biblical themes 18 September 2014, 10:10
- Sts Martha and Mary Convent in Moscow decorated with a Japanese symbol 18 September 2014, 10:01
- Released Lugansk priest claims pilot Savchenko suggested to divide them to organs 17 September 2014, 10:22
- Ukrainian bishop believes the country's authorities Satanic 16 September 2014, 12:15
- Two Hizb ut-Tahrir activists detained in Kyrgyzstan 16 September 2014, 11:42
- War against Islamic State promises benefit to Russia - religious expert 16 September 2014, 11:33