04 March 2009, 16:55
The priest urges to restore the church entitled one of the most known Moscow streets
Moscow, March 4, Interfax – The Moscow Patriarchate considers it’s important to restore the church of Joachim and Hanna, which has entitled the Moscow central street Yakimanka.
"How it’s possible to imagine Yakimanka without a church of Joachim and Hanna! Naturally, it’s desirable to restore historical memory and historical justice," Archpriest Nikolay Krechetov, head of the Moskvoretsky deanery, told Interfax-Religion.
According to the priest, "believers show for a long time already the initiative in this question", and, as he knows, "the Yakimanka’s area justice also makes efforts in this question."
As a variant, Fr. Nikolay said the church could be restored on a place where a monument to the Bulgarian communist Georgy Dimitrov is situated today." It’s the business of the Moscow government of course, but may be it’ll be better to a monument to be situated in park on the Crimean quay where a lot of sculptures are gathered, and here it just will be possible to put a church, the place would suffice, though it’s not absolutely coincide with a primary place of the church," the interlocutor of agency added.
The Joachim and Hanna church named for parents of the God’s Mother has been constructed in the end of 17th century and situated on a place of crossing of Malaya Yakimanka street and modern Yakimansky lane. The church has been closed in December 1939 and blown up in 1969.
There is a waste on this place today. Only one Orthodox church - John the Warrior - has remained of four churches situated on Yakimanka street before the revolution.
- Lavrov meets with Orthodox monastery abbess in Guatemala 27 March 2015, 10:46
- Pilot Savchenko’s files contain information about torturing a priest 26 March 2015, 19:25
- Kolomoisky's resignation is the sign of Ukraine's growing dependence on the West, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 26 March 2015, 18:26
- Russians trained by ISIL may be used against home country 26 March 2015, 15:08
- Kyrgyzstan outlaws Islamic State 25 March 2015, 15:36
- Chechen leader, Jordanian king discuss fight against IS 25 March 2015, 10:00
- Moscow Patriarchate priest assaulted in west Ukraine 24 March 2015, 10:00
- Ukrainians trust Church the most - poll 23 March 2015, 17:22
- Over 5,000 mercenaries from CIS fight on ISIS side - expert 23 March 2015, 16:15
- Schoolchildren from Turkey, Italy, Egypt to discuss fight against religious extremism in St. Petersburg 23 March 2015, 12:57
- Uzbekistan worried about ISIL activity near its borders 23 March 2015, 12:19
- Patriarch Kirill awards Lavrov 23 March 2015, 11:28
- Chubais doubts Nemtsov murder motivated by religious hatred 23 March 2015, 10:15
- IS recruiters targeting North Caucasus students - envoy Melikov 23 March 2015, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about legalization of same-sex "marriage", abortion issue, and secularism in Europe 20 March 2015, 17:35
- The Russian Church conveys twenty five tones of humanitarian help to Donbass residents 20 March 2015, 14:41
- Another Moscow Patriarchate church seized in Ukraine 20 March 2015, 10:00
- Leader of women's wing of Hizb ut-Tahrir detained, arms cache discovered in south Kyrgyzstan 19 March 2015, 10:02
- Head of the Russian State Archive suggests to exhume remains of the tzar family to examine them again 18 March 2015, 16:28
- Russian Central Muslim Board urges artists to be more delicate about believers' feelings 16 March 2015, 14:57
- Russia is urged to revive Christianity in Europe - Patriarch Kirill 16 March 2015, 14:21
- Fire in Novodevichy Convent bell tower did not damage building 16 March 2015, 13:42
- Tannhauser opera staged in Novosibirsk desecrates Christian symbols - Mufti of Moscow 13 March 2015, 18:44
- Patriarch Kirill tried the role of a schoolboy at the Moscow Region Gymnasium 13 March 2015, 17:14
- Fire in bell tower of Nizhny Novgorod cathedral extinguished 12 March 2015, 17:42
- Church to help mortgage debtors settle their problems and asks authorities not to leave them in the lurch 12 March 2015, 16:53
- Russia to import halal meat to Arab countries 12 March 2015, 13:25
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral burning in Nizhny Novgorod 12 March 2015, 12:54
- Famous Uzbek Islamic theologian dies in gym 12 March 2015, 10:26
- Court drops case against Novosibirsk opera theater director 12 March 2015, 10:07