27 April 2009, 14:51
Noah was born and buried in Nakhchivan, the republic’s head believes
Nakhchivan, April 27, Interfax – Biblical prophet Noah was born and buried in the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic of Azerbaijan, chair of the republican Supreme Majlis Vasif Talybov claims.
“Nakhchyvan has an old history. This district is rich in monuments that are our national heritage. The most precious treasure the district has granted to the world is great historical personality - prophet Noah, this district is his Motherland,” he said at international symposium Prophet Noah, the Flood and Nakhchivan.
According to Talybov, researchers and travelers of ancient times and middle ages linked Noah to Nakhchivan (Noah is pronounced like Nukh in Turkic - IF) and left corresponding written proves of it, but this topic was banned in the Soviet period.
Talybov further said that ancient Greek scientist Claudius Ptolemaeus first mentioned Nakhchivan as Noah’s dwelling place in the 2nd century, renowned Arab scientist of the 16th century Al-Sharifi gave detailed information about Noah’s tomb in Nakhchivan and remains of his ark and Jewish scientist Josephus Flavius (the 1st century BC) considered Nakhchivan was the first stop of Noah’s ark.
Talybov believes not only Noah’s tomb is located in Nakhchivan, but also his relatives and followers were buried there and Russian researchers of the 20th century confirm it.
- Patriarch Kirill, leaders of Russian Jews discuss problems of fighting extremism 28 October 2016, 18:13
- Extremist religious organizations to be liquidated in Azerbaijan 28 October 2016, 14:33
- 70% of Russians trust the Russian Orthodox Church - poll 28 October 2016, 13:18
- Berel Lazar thanks the pontiff for supporting Israel 27 October 2016, 17:15
- Two more active members of Tablighi Jamaat banned in Russia detained in Tatarstan 27 October 2016, 12:21
- Hungarian authorities allocate funding for restoration of Russian church in Budapest 26 October 2016, 10:16
- Iranian diplomat: Conflicts between Sunnis, Shiites provoked from outside 26 October 2016, 10:10
- Works of art shouldn't incite hatred on religious or other grounds 25 October 2016, 18:34
- Patriarch Kirill calls all-Ukraine sacred procession 'feat' 25 October 2016, 18:30
- Patriarch Kirill urges to avoid hostility in information warfare 25 October 2016, 18:19
- Patriarch Kirill urges not to lose head hunting for likes in social nets 25 October 2016, 18:16
- Radical Islam follower from Dagestan detained in St. Petersburg 25 October 2016, 15:23
- Russian experts will work in Palestine to save the Oak of Mamre mentioned in Bible 24 October 2016, 18:36
- Body of the Canadian bishop, who died during the pontiff's visit to Georgia, found in a Tbilisi hotel 24 October 2016, 18:31
- Russian Orthodox Church, Vatican ready to be mediators between conflict parties in Ukraine 21 October 2016, 18:38
- Metropolitan Onufry complains to USA ambassador of the UOC discrimination 21 October 2016, 11:16
- OIC foreign ministers denounce U.S. Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism 20 October 2016, 14:03
- Photos from Patriarch Kirill's meeting with Elizabeth II were not published as its format was private - the patriarch's press secretary 20 October 2016, 13:12
- Afghans themselves should take efforts in national reconciliation - OIC declaration 20 October 2016, 10:39
- OIC says Palestinian people have inalienable rights to Temple Mount, calls for swiftest stabilization of situation in Middle East 20 October 2016, 10:34
- Russian shortie about Holocaust included in Oscar long list 19 October 2016, 18:00
- Russian Security Council sees serious threat in Islamic radicals in Siberia 19 October 2016, 14:57
- Patriarch Kirill expresses his concerns to Archbishop of Canterbury about Anglicans' apostacy from Christian morals 19 October 2016, 11:54
- Patriarch Kirill urges all countries to unite in sacred war on terrorism 18 October 2016, 22:25
- Church of England, Roman Catholic Church, Russian Orthodox Church ready to act together to world's benefit - Patriarch Kirill 18 October 2016, 22:20
- Conversation with Queen Elizabeth II made very pleasant impression on Patriarch Kirill "intellectually and emotionally" 18 October 2016, 22:17
- Patriarch Kirill, Archbishop of Canterbury express readiness for joint peacekeeping work 18 October 2016, 21:46
- Patriarch Kirill sensed no hostility towards Russia in London 18 October 2016, 21:45
- Patriarch Kirill calls for pluralism in mass media 18 October 2016, 21:42
- Patriarch Kirill presents Elisabeth II with icon of the Mother of God 18 October 2016, 17:48