18 May 2009, 12:28
St. Petersburg host a pride parade
St. Petersburg, May 17, Interfax - About a hundred activists highlighted the International Day Against Homophobia by marching along Nevsky Prospect in St. Petersburg, carrying balloons. No detentions were made.
"This event is named "The Rainbow Flash Mob". We marched along Nevsky carrying balloons and handing out leaflets promoting tolerant attitude to people with different sexual orientation," director of St. Petersburg LGBT organization Valery Sozayev told Interfax.
Reaching the spit of Vasilyevsky Island, the participants of this event released their balloons into the sky.
"We marched along the street, some of us were wearing the movement's T-shirts, and we were carrying a rainbow flag. The police were loyal to us; some of them approached us at the beginning of our parade, but there was nothing to find fault with and they decided not to interfere with us."
The Home Affairs Directorate of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region told Interfax that there were no detentions during the event.
"The Directorate's stuff members made no detentions, because there were no offences committed," the Directorate's spokesperson explained.
- Moscow Patriarchate church in Kiev pelted with Molotov cocktails 16 January 2017, 15:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia head to take pilgrimage to Russia on occasion of 100th anniversary of October Revolution 11 January 2017, 16:35
- Abortions banned for one day in the Yaroslavl Region to commemorate the Bethlehem babies 11 January 2017, 15:35
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Syria 09 January 2017, 16:36
- Azerbaijan has no plans to join Islamic military bloc so far 09 January 2017, 14:41
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Hungary 09 January 2017, 10:57
- Putin's Christmas message notes Russian Orthodox Church's role in preserving civil peace, accord 09 January 2017, 10:50
- Lenin should be buried, but the most important is not to inflict harm, the Russian church official believes 06 January 2017, 16:22
- Church will release results of the Yekaterinburg relics expertise by the second quarter of 2017 06 January 2017, 16:20
- Moscow Center of Tolerance carries out international children action to back up migrants 06 January 2017, 15:54
- Rabbi Lazar condemns Soviet past, calls to bury body of Lenin 06 January 2017, 15:53
- Two Israelis suspected of intentionally damaging Jesus on Cross statue in Ukraine's Uman 03 January 2017, 21:30
- The Russian Church suggests fining for abusive language in public places 30 December 2016, 14:44
- Patriarch Kirill believes the word 'celebrations' inappropriate to 100th anniversary of October revolt 30 December 2016, 13:00
- Changes that took place in 2016 withdrew a threat menacing the world - Patriarch Kirill 30 December 2016, 12:24
- Doctors recommend the Georgian Patriarch to go to Germany for treatment, but he refuses 29 December 2016, 19:05
- Ukrainian government promotes interests of sexual minorities in spite of church protests 29 December 2016, 17:14
- Rabbi Lazar makes offer to Putin to set up tolerance centers in other Russian cities along with Moscow 28 December 2016, 18:48
- Putin wishes Russian Jews happiness, well-being 28 December 2016, 18:47
- Investigators toughen charge against imam of Yardyam Mosque suspected of justifying terrorism 28 December 2016, 12:00
- Patriarch Kirill calls victims of Tu-154 crash symbols of national life and pride 27 December 2016, 13:23
- Worship cross to commemorate polar explorers will be set up in Arctic 27 December 2016, 12:38
- Patriarch Kirill offers his Christmas greetings to the Pope of Rome 26 December 2016, 17:56
- Patriarch Kirill prays for repose of victims dead in Tu-154 crash 26 December 2016, 10:35
- The battle against Judaist yoke's author fined 100,000 rubles for extremist calls 23 December 2016, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill calls against understating achievements of Soviet administration, troubles that hit country 22 December 2016, 18:46
- Moscow security officers detain members of Tablighi Jamaat extremist cell led by foreign emissaries 22 December 2016, 18:41
- Moscow court sentences former Moscow State University student Ivanova (Karaulova) to 4.5 years in prison 22 December 2016, 18:38
- FJCR sees Uman incident as result of glorifying radical nationalists in Ukraine 22 December 2016, 15:59
- Patriarch Kirill calls late Ambassador Karlov martyr 22 December 2016, 15:14