19 May 2009, 16:45
Patriarch Kirill to pursue communication with young people at stadiums
Moscow, May 19, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia contemplates regular appearances before huge young audiences, the Moscow Patriarchate reports.
"Patriarch's address to a large number of people is not unusual; such appearances have been practiced throughout Church history, even back in the Apostles' time when a pastor spoke before an audience where every person was welcome, both believers and unbelievers. This is the most natural form of communication of an archpriest with people," head of the Synodal Church and Society Department Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said Tuesday at a press conference hosted by Interfax.
Fr. Vsevolod believes that today this way of communication of Patriarch Kirill with a young audience, such as his appearance at Izmaylovo stadium scheduled on May 23, "will expand, as we have two most important components in place - people who want to see, and listen to, their Patriarch, and ask him questions, and Patriarch's desire to pursue a dialogue with people."
The priest said that the next meeting of Patriarch with young people was scheduled on May 29, during Patriarch's visit to Saint-Petersburg. Predictably, the meeting will bring together about 10 thousand people.
According to the head of Information Department of the Moscow Patriarchate Vladimir Legoyda, the event at the Izmaylovo stadium has sparkled "great interest" of public and mass media well in advance.
"It is of critical importance that the meeting should become a dialogue, rather than a monologue. Young people in Moscow and St. Petersburg will have an opportunity to ask their questions," Legoyda said.
- Putin gives Patriarch Kirill painting featuring Kremlin's main Orthodox church 20 November 2017, 12:21
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for laws protecting child since conception 20 November 2017, 10:46
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29