02 July 2009, 14:27
Patriarch Kirill to meet with compatriots, secular and religious leaders in Turkey
Moscow, July 2, Interfax – Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia will start his visit to Turkey on July 4 with the Constantinople Patriarchate in Istanbul.
Primates of the Russian and Constantinople Churches will hold talks there, the Moscow Patriarchate official website has reported.
Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople are to celebrate the Divine Liturgy in the patriarchal Cathedral of St. George in Phanar (district in Istanbul - IF).
On the same day, the Sretensky Monastery choir will give a concert in Agia Irini Church, which the two primates are expected to attend.
Patriarch Kirill will also visit the summer residence of Russian general consulate in Buyukdere near Istanbul, where he is to consecrate the Church of Sts Constantine and Elena reconstructed after long years of neglect.
The program of the visit also includes visit to the historical St. Sophia Church, meetings with Turkish secular and religious leaders and compatriots living in the country.
Patriarch Kirill’s visit to Turkey will last until July 6 and is to become the first foreign visit of the new Russian Church Primate.
- Israeli ambassador to Russia hopes Moscow to support security measures on Jerusalem's Temple Mount 26 July 2017, 18:19
- Russia could assume role in resolving conflict around Temple Mount in Jerusalem - Palestinian ambassador 26 July 2017, 17:12
- Israel commits to preserve full access to holy places in Jerusalem - ambassador to Russia 26 July 2017, 17:07
- FJCR convinced that scandal surrounding Temple Mount is anti-Semites' work 25 July 2017, 18:38
- Almost 80% of Russians approve of Jehovah's Witnesses ban in country – poll 25 July 2017, 10:00
- A total of 182,000 believers go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in St. Pete over past week 20 July 2017, 18:03
- LGBT problem doesn't exist in Chechnya - Russian envoy to OSCE 20 July 2017, 10:05
- Washington urges Russia to lift ban on Jehovah's Witnesses' activities 20 July 2017, 10:00
- Kazakhstan not planning to ban Jehovah's Witnesses - minister 19 July 2017, 17:35
- The Ecumenical Patriarch called the Donbass conflict a "fratricidal war" and prayed for peace in Ukraine 19 July 2017, 13:32
- Jehovah's Witnesses intent to appeal with ECHR against ruling to abolish organization – lawyer 18 July 2017, 10:04
- Russian Supreme Court refuses to invalidate ban imposed on Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia 18 July 2017, 10:00
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes prolongation of sanctions not harmful for Russia 17 July 2017, 12:30
- Metropolitan Hilarion is sure that Putin's meeting with Trump will help save lives in the Middle East 17 July 2017, 10:53
- Imams to combat TB in Kyrgyzstan 17 July 2017, 10:37
- Genetic engineering has right to existence if it can help treat people, professor-deacon believes 14 July 2017, 13:17
- Not a single instance of harassment against gays reported in Chechnya – Lavrov 13 July 2017, 18:03
- Investigative Committee fully rules out religious motive in Nemtsov murder case, only motive is financial gain 13 July 2017, 13:18
- Relics of St. Nicholas come to Alexander Nevsky Lavra in St. Petersburg 13 July 2017, 13:14
- Peskov denies report of Putin presenting yacht to Valaam monks 12 July 2017, 17:01
- Over 1.75 million people go on pilgrimage to St. Nicholas relics in Moscow 12 July 2017, 13:48
- Atambayev calls on people of Kyrgyzstan to focus on education instead of religion 12 July 2017, 11:44
- Italian marquise conveyed a particle of St. Catherine relics to the Yekaterinburg Diocese 11 July 2017, 10:25
- LGBT issues are raised in Western organizations only for purpose of condemning Russia or other countries – Slutsky 10 July 2017, 17:15
- Expert confirm authenticity of 'Yekaterinburg remains' in meeting with patriarch in June - Romanov Family Association 10 July 2017, 16:57
- Sverdlovsk Region Court mitigates sentence for 'Pokemon catcher' 07 July 2017, 13:10
- Metropolitan Hilarion denies calling for restoration of monarchy 07 July 2017, 10:25
- One and a half million people go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in Moscow 06 July 2017, 18:01
- Investigative Committee has not registered persecution of LGBT people in Chechnya yet – Moskalkova 06 July 2017, 15:10
- Four suspected religious extremists detained in Kyrgyzstan 06 July 2017, 10:28