30 October 2009, 15:14
Requiem for repressions victims conducted at the Solovki Stone
Moscow, October 30, Interfax – Over 500 people came to the Solovki Stone at the Lubyanka Square in Moscow to pray at a requiem service for victims of political repressions of the Soviet times.
According to the Interfax-Religion, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia blessed head of the Synodal Church and Society Department Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin to conduct the service.
Relatives of victims, members of the Memorial Society and the Repression Victims Association attended the requiem. Most of people had red carnations in their hands.
Fr. Vsevolod said thank you to all who came to pray and commemorate “innocent victims martyred in cruel years.” He rejoiced that every year people who remembered their relatives suffered from evil will came to the Solovki Stone.
“Thank you for your memory. Our people, especially young people who step into life, need it,” the priest said.
According to him, it is important to keep the memory so that “events of the post-revolutionary years should never repeat and Russia could always be a strong, spiritually beautiful and free country, where we will care for each other, keep each other safe and build a better future.”
- Lawyers for defrocked priest Sergy to appeal conviction 30 November 2021, 18:13
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy sentenced to 3.5 years in prison (updated) 30 November 2021, 17:16
- Patriarch Kirill believes that the Kingdom of Heaven is bigger than cosmos 30 November 2021, 11:18
- Jews of Russia against celebrating Hanukkah together with Christmas in mixed families 30 November 2021, 11:12
- The anti-Covid restrictions on Hanukkah in Russia have been slightly relaxed 30 November 2021, 11:02
- Hermitage cat Seraphima goes to work in the Peter and Paul Cathedral 30 November 2021, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Kazakhstan to Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions 26 November 2021, 16:18
- Some "missionaries" of an extremist organization banned in the Russia convicted in Saratov 26 November 2021, 16:14
- The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church urged to treat migrants as "aliens" 24 November 2021, 15:39
- Rabbi Lazar concerned that the pandemic sometimes considered a Jewish conspiracy 24 November 2021, 15:33
- Patriarch Kirill describes ecclesiastical split in Ukraine as his personal woe 22 November 2021, 19:33
- Covid-19 pandemic won't last long, but will allow humanity to critically assess its capabilities - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 16:52
- Patriarch Kirill views Russia as leader of free world 22 November 2021, 16:35
- Russian Orthodox Church denies U.S. claims of violations of religious freedom in Russia 22 November 2021, 11:05
- Problem of church schism in Ukraine may be resolved through dialogue - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 11:02
- Putin bestows Order of St. Andrew on Patriarch Kirill, notes highest regard to him in Russia, abroad 22 November 2021, 10:54
- Jehovah's Witnesses elders detained in Russia's Astrakhan Region 18 November 2021, 16:45
- Court in Moscow fines Muz-TV 1 mln rubles for propaganda of homosexuality among minors 17 November 2021, 15:40
- Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content 17 November 2021, 15:38
- Imam and one more person killed in Dagestani village shooting 12 November 2021, 20:25
- Prosecution service detects justification of terrorism, extremism in materials of Memorial human rights center 12 November 2021, 17:59
- Cell of Nurjular extremist organization, banned in Russia, shut down in Tatarstan 12 November 2021, 17:09
- The Russian synagogues didn't turn off the lights until morning In memory of the Kristallnacht 10 November 2021, 10:14
- Russian PM satisfied with Pope's attitude to Moscow's views on int'l issues 09 November 2021, 21:55
- MP does not rule out eventual genomic registration of all Russians 04 November 2021, 10:29
- Russian Church warns against turning vaccination into factor of national division 02 November 2021, 19:55
- FJCR president calls for imposing restrictions on those who don't want to get vaccinated 02 November 2021, 16:00
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on G20 countries to drop differences over pandemic challenges 01 November 2021, 12:35
- The court of St. Petersburg refused to punish the participant of a candid photo shoot against the background of St. Isaac's Cathedral 01 November 2021, 11:04
- FJCR president estimates number of Russian Jews at 1 mln 29 October 2021, 10:45