08 December 2009, 10:16
Orthodox businessmen found heavenly protector
Moscow, December 8, Interfax - St. Joseph of Volotsk is proclaimed a heavenly protector of Orthodox enterprises and management.
Patriarchal Council for Economics and Ethics requested to give a heavenly protector to business activities. Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia blessed the initiative, his press service said.
St. Joseph of Volotsk (secular name Ioann Sanin, 1440-1515) went down to history as an ardent advocate of Orthodoxy and defender of church and state unity in struggle against heresies and church schisms, an inspirer of the teaching about the Holy Russia as the keeper of ancient ecumenical piety.
He is also famous for his business activities aimed at strengthening church authority and influence on society, enhancing the Church financial capabilities for carrying out the charity.
It'll be 500 years since the Holy Farther deceased in 2015.
- Most of the priests from Africa who joined the Russian Church have already received the right from Moscow to celebrate the liturgy 27 January 2022, 17:07
- Candles lit in Moscow in memory of the Holocaust victims 27 January 2022, 17:00
- Supporters of caliphate are among those detained in Kazakhstan during the January riots 27 January 2022, 16:53
- Holocaust Remembrance Day reinstated at Russian schools 27 January 2022, 10:16
- Russian Church reports a daily increase in the number of its parishes in Africa 26 January 2022, 10:12
- Russian delegation to PACE rejects accusations that LGBT people harassed in Chechnya 25 January 2022, 14:43
- Russian Church tightens coronavirus-related restrictions at Moscow churches 24 January 2022, 17:11
- House of Romanov hails Russian Orthodox Church's plans to recognize authenticity of 'Yekaterinburg remains' 24 January 2022, 10:03
- Nothing hinders recognition of authenticity of royal family's remains - Russian Orthodox Church member 24 January 2022, 10:00
- Christmas parliamentary meetings postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus situation 21 January 2022, 17:53
- Former Metropolitan Vladimir of St. Petersburg died at the age of 92 19 January 2022, 20:35
- Putin didn't take Epiphany ice plunge this year 19 January 2022, 13:35
- State Duma passes bill on life sentence for pedophiles 18 January 2022, 18:18
- Anti-Semitism is on the rise in Germany - Deputy Ambassador 18 January 2022, 18:16
- The head of Yakutia took part in Epiphany bathing in a 40-degree frost 18 January 2022, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill admitted that part of the world Orthodoxy will go into schism 18 January 2022, 18:05
- Death penalty impossible in Russia - State Duma committee head 12 January 2022, 15:46
- Russian Orthodox Church works out a program of comprehensive presence in Africa 12 January 2022, 15:01
- Kazakh president urges preventing merger of criminality, religious extremism 11 January 2022, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox Church against lifting moratorium on death penalty 08 January 2022, 19:27
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Covid-19 pandemic will be over 07 January 2022, 19:28
- Patriarch Kirill prays for peace in Kazakhstan at Christmas service 07 January 2022, 19:26
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about the shortsightedness of politicians who speak to Russia from a position of strength 07 January 2022, 12:59
- Putin notes moral significance of Christmas 07 January 2022, 10:25
- Russian Orthodox Church sets up Patriarchal Exarchate of Africa 30 December 2021, 10:00
- Russian Church admits over 100 Patriarchate of Alexandria clerics as its members (updated) 29 December 2021, 17:56
- Russian govt orders monitoring of violations of citizens' rights along ethnic, religious lines 29 December 2021, 12:23
- Russian Church considers the long-term isolation of criminals no less effective than death penalty 29 December 2021, 11:30
- Russia not to reinstate death penalty in coming years - Presidential Human Rights Council member 29 December 2021, 11:14
- Group for protection of Christian values created at State Duma 29 December 2021, 11:12