13 December 2005, 09:40
Alexy II points to the importance of Russian-Iranian relations for building a multi-polar world
Moscow, December 12, Interfax - Development of relation between Russia and Iran fosters stability and prevents building a one-polar world, Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia said during his meeting with the Iranian parliament speaker Gholam Ali Haddad-Adel on Monday in Moscow.
'Your visit to our country is a symbol of ages-old friendship between the Russian and Iranian nations. It is my conviction that the development of relation between our two nations fosters stability throughout the world', the patriarch said.
He also noted that the presence of a Russian Church of St. Nicholas in Teheran is a vivid testimony of the existence of Russian-Iranian bonds. According to the primate, Orthodox believers have had an opportunity to worship in it for many years.
'The Russian Orthodox Church has kept up interreligious dialogue within Russia by every possible way as it is based on the desire to live in peace and respect for one another', Alexy II said.
According to him, the work of the Interreligious Council in Russia shows that 'it is only adherents to traditional religions, first of all the Orthodox and Muslims, who can give 'an appropriate response to the challenges of the time'.
The patriarch believes that the Islam-Orthodoxy joint Russian-Iranian commission is another example of cooperation between the two religions.
The primate is convinced that the world community should create favourable conditions for dialogue between the civilizations, especially at a time when some 'preach conflict between us'.
Alexy II reminded that the former Iranian president Muhammad Hatami is member of the Alliance of Civilizations, a group working under the auspices of the UN. Speaking about it, the patriarch noted that in Russia there is an interest in the work of this commission and a regret that Orthodox representatives have not been invited to work in it.
'I believe the Orthodox and Muslims are unanimous in the desire to prevent the building of a one-polar world, which would impose its own political and cultural models to all nations against their will', Alexy II said.
- Putin states need for public monitoring of LGBT propaganda 03 July 2020, 18:27
- Metropolitan Hilarion: Hagia Sophia is heritage of entire mankind 03 July 2020, 18:25
- Russia hasn't restricted, won't restrict rights based on race, sexual orientation - Putin 03 July 2020, 17:51
- Putin comments on LGBT flag flying over U.S. embassy building in Moscow 03 July 2020, 17:46
- Church court defrocks Urals Schema-Hegumen Sergy, who cursed people who closed churches 03 July 2020, 13:09
- All members of the Jewish community in Moscow recovered from coronavirus 03 July 2020, 12:40
- Mufti Tajuddin proposes making Hagia Sophia common prayer-house for Muslims and Christians 03 July 2020, 10:09
- Duma's Tolstoy sees demonstration of LGBT flags on embassy buildings in Moscow as attempt to influence voting on constitutional amendments 02 July 2020, 12:39
- The FJCR president believes other countries to appreciate the importance of amendment about marriage as a union between a man and a woman 02 July 2020, 12:36
- Famous Transfiguration church in Kizhi to resume services after 40 years 30 June 2020, 18:04
- Filaret demands another tomos from Patriarch Bartholomew 29 June 2020, 20:59
- Russian Orthodox Church sees Ural priest's calls against participation in amendments vote as "tragicomic' 29 June 2020, 18:08
- Church court again makes no decision on behavior of Urals priest who cursed people who closed churches 29 June 2020, 10:05
- Russian Jews urges American demonstrators to peaceful dialogue 29 June 2020, 10:00
- Forced treatment of shaman Gabyshev is illegal - Memorial 25 June 2020, 21:17
- Kremlin hopes rainbow flag on U.S. embassy in Moscow drew attention of Russian Foreign Ministry 25 June 2020, 14:54
- Kusturica called Russia's chief military church personification of power, talent and faith 25 June 2020, 12:55
- Jews will never forget heroism of the Soviet Army that stopped Holocaust - FJCR president 25 June 2020, 10:08
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Metropolitan Sofrony dies 23 June 2020, 20:12
- Leader of Tuva Buddhists dies of Covid-19 23 June 2020, 18:26
- Shaman Gabyshev's supporter detained after he got into Yakutsk mental clinic 22 June 2020, 11:27
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russian Armed Forces to 'keep their powder dry,' keep unbreakable spirit 22 June 2020, 10:59
- Russia's defense capacity, security solidly ensured - Putin 22 June 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church condemns toppling of statues to American slave holders 22 June 2020, 10:29
- Ukraine investigating case involving fueling of ethnic hatred in creation of Orthodox Church of Ukraine 19 June 2020, 13:28
- Rabbi Lazar does not consider the pandemic God's punishment for human sins 18 June 2020, 17:58
- Vucic asked Russia to support the Serbian Orthodox Church 18 June 2020, 17:30
- Russia's FSB denies taking part in developments in Sredneuralsk monastery 18 June 2020, 12:05
- 'Western values' are unacceptable to Russia - Security Council Secretary Patrushev 17 June 2020, 20:18
- The Russian Church officials debate about admissibility of in vitro fertilization 17 June 2020, 17:10