26 March 2010, 16:56
Notorious journalist backs up the idea to take out word "God" from Russian anthem
Moscow, March 26, Interfax – Journalist-atheist Alexander Nikonov backed up the proposal of the Communist State Duma MP Boris Kashin to take out the word "God" from national anthem of Russia.
"Religion should be private and secular matter. It's absolutely impossible to promote private and intimate matters to state level," he told Interfax on Friday.
"The word "God" for us is a stone in the boot. It only makes walking harder. Any merger between the Church and state ends up bad as it was for instance in 1917," Nikonov said.
Earlier in November 2005, he applied to the Constitutional Court with an appeal to check if the Russian national anthem corresponded to the Basic law.
Some time earlier Nikonov in his article "Finish him off to ease sufferings!" in the SPID-INFO paper proposed to kill "weak minded" children right after their birth as according to him, "if moron is born to a family, it is a tragedy" and people give birth to children "for pleasure, but not for sufferings." He further wrote that "absolute majority of normal people surrender defective children to the state."
"Liquidation of a newly-born in its core does not differ from an abortion or the so-called artificial labor (super late term abortion) as in both cases we interrupt vital functions of a billet for the future personality, but not a self-identified human person. And what if a billet is defective…" the journalist summed up.
- Constantinople refuses to sever communion with Russian Orthodox Church 19 October 2018, 15:20
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia cuts ties with Constantinople 19 October 2018, 14:31
- The Ukrainian metropolitan: Constantinople abandoned God 19 October 2018, 13:07
- Putin about nuclear war: we'll go straight to paradise, while they will simply pop off 19 October 2018, 10:58
- St. Andrew's Church in Kiev to stay property of state - press service for Sophia of Kiev National Sanctuary Complex 18 October 2018, 18:43
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church disagrees with transfer of St. Andrew's Church to Constantinople 18 October 2018, 18:41
- Ukrainian parliament supports transfer of St. Andrew's Church in Kiev to Constantinople 18 October 2018, 14:36
- Media review: Metropolitan Hilarion: "The fact that the Patriarchate of Constantinople has recognized a schismatic structure means for us that it itself is now in schism" 18 October 2018, 13:22
- Leaders of non-canonical churches of Ukraine differ on 'autocephaly' issue – media 18 October 2018, 11:03
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church disproves forecasts of mass exodus of its clergy, congregation to Constantinople's church 18 October 2018, 11:00
- Metropolitan Alexander (Drabinko) who proclaimed himself Constantinople cleric says each Ukrainian orthodox bishop should choose whose side to belong 17 October 2018, 10:12
- Russian Orthodox Church planning to address issue of pastoral direction for Russians on territory of Constantinople Patriarchate (updated) 16 October 2018, 19:08
- Dodon proposes hosting Pan-Orthodox Council in Moldova 16 October 2018, 18:00
- Peskov: Kremlin concerned by relations between Russian Orthodox Church and Constantinople 16 October 2018, 15:47
- Poroshenko to propose granting Constantinople permanent use of St. Andrew's Church in Kiev 16 October 2018, 13:57
- Russian Orthodox Church takes path of self-isolation - Poroshenko 16 October 2018, 13:10
- Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church appoints new bishops to administer parishes in Europe, U.S 16 October 2018, 11:45
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church leader attended Russian Synod meeting, supported its decision - Metropolitan Hilarion 16 October 2018, 10:14
- Belarusian Orthodox Church joins Holy Synod's decision to break up with Constantinople 16 October 2018, 10:10
- Former primate of Orthodox Church in U.S. opposes U.S. policy about church in Ukraine 15 October 2018, 22:24
- Moscow Patriarchate renews calls for Constantinople to refrain from steps undermining Church unity - Russian Synod 15 October 2018, 22:21
- Russian Church hopes Ukrainian believers will not be harassed 15 October 2018, 22:17
- Russian Orthodox Church hopes Patriarch of Constantinople will change his mind on Ukraine 15 October 2018, 22:13
- Further Eucharistic communion with Patriarchate of Constantinople deemed impossible - Russian Synod's decision 15 October 2018, 22:10
- Court throws out Pentecostals' suit seeking agreement with penitentiary service on prison visits in Astrakhan 15 October 2018, 17:56
- Lukashenko blames politicians for events in Orthodox Church 15 October 2018, 15:24
- Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church discussing possible response to Constantinople's actions 15 October 2018, 14:30
- Lukashenko promises to support unity of Orthodox faith 15 October 2018, 13:46
- Police release 100 people detained near Kiev Monastery of the Caves on Sunday – media 15 October 2018, 13:43
- Russian Security Council discussed Constantinople decisions on Russian Church in Ukraine on Friday – Peskov 15 October 2018, 13:40