01 April 2010, 18:44
Nearly 90 percent of Russians will celebrate Easter, each third atheist will bake the Easter cake – poll
Moscow, April 1, Interfax – Overwhelming majority of Russians (87 percent) is going to celebrate Easter on April 4, the VTsIOM sociologists say.
According to a poll conducted all over Russia, the number of participants in traditional festival activities has increased for the recent five years.
For example, 71 percent of the respondent plan to cook Easter dishes (against 46 percent in 2005), while 34 percent are going to have them blessed in the church (against 14 percent). Another 42 percent of Russians are to go and see their friends or to accept guests at home.
The poll proves that majority of Orthodox Russians (95 percent) celebrates Easter and this feast is popular among followers of other Christian confessions (70 percent) and even among atheists (48 percent).
Three fourths of Orthodox faithful (77 percent), over a half of other Christian believers (55 percent) and each third atheist will bake kulich (Russian Easter cake – IF).
- Iran has nothing to do with Nardaran Islamic clashes - embassy in Baku 01 December 2015, 15:44
- Islamist group involving Russian detained in Kyrgyzstan 01 December 2015, 15:28
- Azeri police detain six supporters of Muslim Unity movement after its leader's arrest triggered clashes in Nardaran 01 December 2015, 15:21
- Another church of Moscow Patriarchate robbed and set on fire in western Ukraine 01 December 2015, 11:15
- Orthodoxy makes Russians 'extremely strong', Japanese actor from Hollywood believes 30 November 2015, 13:49
- Turkey finances elimination of thousands of Muslims - Kadyrov 30 November 2015, 11:48
- IS behind attempt on life of well-known Kyrgyz theologian - security service 30 November 2015, 11:07
- Estonia contemplating hijab, niqab ban 30 November 2015, 10:51
- Police find videos calling on people to join ISIL in Turkish Islamic school in Dagestan 30 November 2015, 10:20
- Alexander III's tomb not opened under Soviet rule - Russian Investigative Committee 27 November 2015, 16:46
- Specialists decide not to open any more Romanov graves in Nicholas II family death case 27 November 2015, 16:18
- Russian soldiers killed in Syria were commemorated in Moscow 27 November 2015, 14:47
- Samples of remains of Alexander III will be taken to Moscow soon - head of Russian State Archive 27 November 2015, 14:14
- Experts open grave of Alexander III in St. Petersburg 27 November 2015, 13:51
- Muslim Board of Caucasus considers events in Baku an attempt to seize power 27 November 2015, 13:29
- Church appreciates of Putin's policy for his 'iron will' and readiness to go all the way 27 November 2015, 10:30
- Crimean authorities refuse to use Turkish services for building the mosque 27 November 2015, 10:06
- Four worshippers, four policemen killed in clash in Baku - TV (updated) 26 November 2015, 16:10
- Tsar Alexander III grave in Petersburg to be opened on Nov 27, samples of remains to be sent to Moscow 26 November 2015, 13:43
- Kyrgyz court tightens punishment for former mosque worker recruiting fighters for Syria 25 November 2015, 14:21
- Delegation of Russian Orthodox Church cancels visit to Istanbul 25 November 2015, 13:56
- Turkish administration purposefully supports Islamization of its country - Putin 25 November 2015, 12:27
- Turkey made a blow on good will of Russian people and should apologize 25 November 2015, 11:43
- Russia not striking mosques in Syria - Defense Minister 25 November 2015, 10:06
- Archpriest Chaplin urges Russia to realize ideals of Holy Rus, caliphate, USSR 24 November 2015, 17:58
- Kadyrov calls law on immunity of holy books from jurisdiction 'triumph of justice' 24 November 2015, 15:25
- General Secretary of the International Union of Muslim Scholars calls false the information about his support of Russian operation in Syria 24 November 2015, 13:28
- Expert on Islam suggests banning the International Union of Muslim Scholars in Russia 24 November 2015, 10:04
- The Russian Church is the most rapidly growing organization in Russia 24 November 2015, 10:02
- At least one month required for studies related to royal family case - leading genetic scientist 23 November 2015, 16:42