16 June 2010, 13:04
Newcomers should mind that life in Moscow is based on Russian culture – authorities
Moscow, June 16, Interfax – Lifestyle of the Russian capital is based on Russian culture and traditions and newcomers should take it in consideration, head of the Moscow city Interregional Relations and National Policy Committee Mikhail Solomentsev said.
"Moscow is a city with its lifestyle based on Russian culture and centuries-old traditions and all who come to live here should mind it. We're sure that this important demand will help all residents of the capital without exception become Muscovites," Solomentsev said in his interview published on Wednesday in the Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
Thus he commented on a provision of the national policy and interethnic relations concept worked out in Moscow and recently adopted by the city government saying that Moscow is not only a megapolis and the capital of Russia, but a Russian city as well.
Solomentsev explained that such a requirement should help newcomers who want to live in Moscow to become "members of the community that is more than a nationality as different cultures have interwoven here, the community with a certain Moscow lifestyle, certain rules of conduct."
According to him, there are certain unwritten rules residents of the city should observe.
"For example, not to kill sheep in the yard, not to cook barbeque in the balcony, not to wear national cloths in the city, to speak Russian. In the short run we want to work out a set of rules that will help newcomers who arrive in Moscow for permanent residence to settle down," the committee head said.
The city authorities proposed that Moscow diasporas start working out the rules. After receiving their proposals, scientists will be invited to complete the work that is to result in a kind of a "Muscovite Code."
- Two Israeli pilgrims injured in Uman blast 21 September 2017, 18:25
- Even grassroots anti-Semitism is minimal in Russia – FJCR 21 September 2017, 18:00
- Christian State - Holy Russia leader detained again 21 September 2017, 16:38
- Uman State Council MP 'taxes a tribute' on trade points for Hassids - Ukraine Security Service 21 September 2017, 15:54
- Four detained over car arson near office of Matilda film director's lawyer - Russian Interior Ministry 21 September 2017, 15:48
- Christian State leader released after interrogation over car arson near office of Uchitel's lawyer 21 September 2017, 14:16
- Putin thanks Russian Jewish community leaders for defending historical truth 21 September 2017, 10:00
- Leader of Christian State Kalinin may be prosecuted for fomenting hostility - police source 20 September 2017, 18:29
- Putin congratulates Jews on Jewish New Year 20 September 2017, 18:26
- Putin expects that Jewish community will promote religious tolerance in Russia 20 September 2017, 15:57
- Three people suspected of setting fire to cars outside office of Matilda director's lawyer detained 20 September 2017, 14:21
- Kazakhstan plans to set up own school of Islamic studies 19 September 2017, 10:12
- Blogger Sokolovsky's lawyer contests sentence in Sverdlovsk region court 18 September 2017, 14:15
- Navalny's volunteer gets 2 years for religious affiliation 18 September 2017, 14:13
- Kadyrov publishes address by Chechen man imprisoned in Iraq calling on Muslims not to join ISIL 18 September 2017, 11:29
- Turkish terrorists lived in house of Georgian patriarch for several months - Rustavi 2 18 September 2017, 10:00
- Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia decide to cooperate to promote tolerance, counterterrorism 15 September 2017, 11:54
- Russian police ready to curb provocations, ensure security of Matilda film viewers 14 September 2017, 17:21
- Umayyad Mosque in Syria's Aleppo to be restored with Kadyrov Fund money 13 September 2017, 11:52
- FJCR building in suspected Molotov cocktail attack 13 September 2017, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witnesses ask Supreme Court to reverse ruling declaring them extremists 12 September 2017, 16:55
- Victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks commemorated in Moscow 12 September 2017, 12:04
- No more need for rallies supporting Myanmar Muslims – Kadyrov 11 September 2017, 10:33
- Over 100 people rallying in support for Myanmar's Muslims detained on Palace Square in St. Petersburg 11 September 2017, 10:06
- Erdogan urges Islamic countries to show determination in resolving Myanmar conflict 11 September 2017, 10:00
- Canada should be asked about reports on plans to take gays from Chechnya - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 13:48
- Pressure on Myanmar leadership only to escalate tensions - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 12:17
- Russian Orthodox Church warns Ukrainian president against meddling in Church's internal affairs 07 September 2017, 18:15
- Catholicos of All Armenians heading for Moscow to take part in Karabakh meeting 07 September 2017, 17:00
- Organizer of picket in defense of Rohingya offers to meet Myanmar ambassador to Russia 07 September 2017, 15:20