19 July 2010, 12:37
50 thsd believers participate in the Sverdlovsk Region procession with cross to commemorate murder of Nicholas II family
Yekaterinburg, June 19, Interfax - Procession with cross from the site where the last Russian emperor's family was killed to the place where their bodies were eliminated took place in the Sverdlovsk Region at night of July 17.
50 thousand people participated in the procession, press-service of the Yekaterinburg Diocese reported.
Believers walked a 20-km way from the Church-on-the-Blood to the monastery in Ganina Yama.
The procession with cross dedicated to the assassinated tsar family is timed for the 92nd commemoration of their execution. Such processions with cross have been held regularly from 1992 when a cross was elevated in the Ganina Yama area.
The Church-on-the-Blood was built in 2003 at the site of the destroyed Ipatyev House where Nicholas II and his relatives were killed.
- Vatican says Minsk could host talks on Ukraine with Catholic Church's mediation 15 December 2022, 21:36
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church receives over 70 orders banning its activity from Ukrainian local authorities in recent months 15 December 2022, 16:06
- Moscow receives apologies from Vatican for Pope's remarks about Russian people - Foreign Ministry 15 December 2022, 14:31
- Federal legalization of same-sex marriages in U.S. to lead to nation's degeneration - Duma Speaker 15 December 2022, 12:40
- Kremlin says receives no proposals regarding Christmas ceasefire in Ukraine 14 December 2022, 16:09
- Russian Federation Council votes to ban provision of surrogate mothers' services to foreigners 14 December 2022, 13:54
- SBU officials visit Ukrainian Orthodox Church premises in 9 regions of Ukraine – media 14 December 2022, 12:32
- Russian Orthodox Church calls Kiev's sanctions against Orthodox clergy absurd 13 December 2022, 18:41
- Ukraine's Rada lawyers find ban on Ukrainian Orthodox Church to contradict Constitution 12 December 2022, 14:33
- Kiev imposes sanctions against property management of Ukrainian Orthodox Church, heads of 4 dioceses 12 December 2022, 13:50
- Rada committee recommends passage of Ukrainian Orthodox Church ban 09 December 2022, 21:47
- Russian Culture Ministry to deny screening to films containing LGBT propaganda 08 December 2022, 20:47
- State Duma adopts bill banning services of surrogate mothers in Russia for foreigners 08 December 2022, 14:50
- Rublev's Trinity icon returned to Tretyakov Gallery's exhibition 07 December 2022, 22:19
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church urges Ukrainian authorities that attacks on Church unacceptable 07 December 2022, 18:21
- Belarus to enact death penalty for officials, servicemen on treason counts 07 December 2022, 13:31
- Ukrainian special services searching Ukrainian Orthodox Church premises in Cherkassy, Volyn and Kherson regions - media 07 December 2022, 12:49
- Bill that allows seizing Ukrainian Orthodox Church's property submitted to Verkhovnaya Rada 06 December 2022, 15:49
- Putin signs into law bills banning LGBT and pedophilia propaganda in Russia 05 December 2022, 17:11
- Security Service of Ukraine searching Ukrainian Orthodox Church premises in Poltava region – media 05 December 2022, 14:31
- Russian Orthodox Church dismisses rumors of Kiev Lavra of the Caves takeover by Orthodox Church of Ukraine 02 December 2022, 22:22
- Russian Orthodox Church slams Ukraine's plans to ban Ukrainian Orthodox Church 02 December 2022, 18:55
- Ukrainian Security Service officials arrive at Ukrainian Orthodox Church premises in 3 regions 02 December 2022, 16:40
- Security Service of Ukraine seizes pro-Russian books in Orthodox nunnery in Trans-Carpathian Region 01 December 2022, 15:02
- Russia's Federation Council endorses bills banning LGBT, pedophilia propaganda 30 November 2022, 14:02
- Cyril and Methodius Monastery of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church being searched 30 November 2022, 11:52
- Kadyrov and the head of Russian Buddhists criticizes the Pope's statements about the conflict in Ukraine 30 November 2022, 11:20
- Only constitutional amendment can provide basis for reinstating capital punishment in Russia - Constitutional Court chairman 29 November 2022, 15:20
- The Russian Church doubts the ability of Ukraine to be an independent country 28 November 2022, 11:33
- Russia's Duma to pass bill in Dec banning services of Russian surrogate mothers for foreigners 28 November 2022, 10:05