16 September 2010, 16:59
Moscow gay pride parade organizer Alexeyev found in Minsk
Moscow, September 16, Interfax - The organizer of Moscow gay pride parades, Nikolay Alexeyev, has said that he was expelled from Russia and that he is currently in Minsk.
"At the moment I am in Minsk. I was squeezed out to here," Alexeyev told Interfax via SMS on Thursday.
"I was taken [from Moscow's Domodedovo Airport] outside the city to some small town police station and was questioned there," Alexeyev said.
"They demanded that I sign a prepared paper stating that I recall the case about gay pride parades from the European Court due to a reached arrangement," he said.
Speaking of his immediate plans, Alexeyev said: "Over the next few days I will return to Russia and will attend an anti-Luzhkov picket on Tuesday."
"It is a matter of principle, and I will do everything to be there," he said.
Another co-organizer of Moscow gay pride parades Alexey Davydov, of the Solidarity movement, said earlier that Alexeyev was in an unknown location and some people demanded that he recall all lawsuits from the European Court of Human Rights over the ban on gay pride parades in the capital.
Representatives of gay communities make regular attempts to hold a gay pride parades in central Moscow, however their plans are being systemically rejected by the city authorities.
- Russian Church concerned about possibility of illegal use of personal data 22 October 2020, 20:15
- Estonia to hold a referendum on marriage as a union of man and woman in spring 22 October 2020, 19:50
- Russian Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov dies 21 October 2020, 20:31
- Attackers of Hasid teens in Uman must be brought to account - Ukraine's foreign minister 20 October 2020, 10:43
- Archbishop Kondrusiewicz in Vatican, discusses his return to Belarus 20 October 2020, 10:41
- Catholics conveyed a church in the center of Spanish Granada to Moscow Patriarchate 15 October 2020, 18:29
- Head of Russian Catholics contracts coronavirus 15 October 2020, 15:18
- The first Russian doctoral thesis on Islamic theology earned 15 October 2020, 14:03
- FJCR considers Kiev's order to pray for pogrom-makers an insult of the Jewish people 15 October 2020, 13:42
- A source learned about the death of another child from a surrogate mother in St. Petersburg 15 October 2020, 12:35
- Church against exploiting Russian women as surrogate mothers by foreigners 13 October 2020, 20:01
- Patriarch Kirill calls for putting end to bloodshed in Nagorno-Karabakh 13 October 2020, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill tests negative for coronavirus 12 October 2020, 10:14
- Baku dismisses accusations of shelling upon cathedral in Nagorno-Karabakh 09 October 2020, 18:12
- Ecological park inspired by a local bishop opened in Omsk 09 October 2020, 17:28
- Jews will celebrate the feast of Torah with restrictions due to coronavirus 09 October 2020, 17:08
- JW couple gets suspended sentences in Kostroma 09 October 2020, 17:00
- Patriarch Kirill calls pandemic the last call for humanity 09 October 2020, 16:39
- Head of Jewish organization of Nazi concentration camp and ghetto prisoners dies 09 October 2020, 10:04
- Azerbaijan renews attack on church in Shushi, Stepanakert claims 08 October 2020, 18:18
- Patriarch Kirill in quarantine after contact with coronavirus patient (updated) 08 October 2020, 18:15
- Unrecognized Karabakh head promises to rebuild cathedral destroyed in Azerbaijan's missile strike 08 October 2020, 17:35
- New Vatican ambassador to arrive in Belarus on Oct 11 08 October 2020, 17:21
- Organizer, 5 followers of Ulyanovsk Jehovah's Witnesses group get suspended prison terms 08 October 2020, 15:51
- Coronavirus restrictions re-introduced in Russian synagogues 08 October 2020, 14:42
- Islamist suspected of attempt to carry out terrorist attack in court, prosecutor's office detained in Stavropol 07 October 2020, 17:01
- Orthodox bishop of Kyrgyzstan urges citizens to pray for peace 06 October 2020, 15:40
- Many-storeyed business center in Kiev in honor of pride month will be illuminated with a rainbow flag 06 October 2020, 13:59
- Russian Orthodox Church offered to imprison rapists for life 05 October 2020, 14:05
- Russian Church suggests opening a museum dedicated to repressions in the mausoleum after Lenin's funeral 05 October 2020, 11:57