11 October 2010, 15:13
Russian Church "registered" in YouTube
Moscow, October 11, Interfax – The Russian Orthodox Church has officially opened its YouTube channel.
"It's very important that church representation opens in this system today," Patriarch Kirill said in his video address to the journalists broadcasted on Monday at a press conference in Moscow.
According to Patriarch Kirill, the project aims at "approaching the Word of God, God's wisdom and Divine law that is the law of life to life of a modern, especially young person.'
"I'll be glad if looking through these materials, many of you get interested in church life, contemplate the beauty of Divine services and one more time think about the meaning of life, about the message that the Church has been bringing to people for two thousand years," Patriarch Krill said invoking God's blessing on everyone who opens the corresponding YouTube page.
Chairman of the Synodal Information Department Vladimir Legoyda said the channel would present an official opinion of the Russian Orthodox Church on crucial issue of modern life and official commentaries of Church officials.
"However we don't want to "drain" it, it's very important to present vivid life of the Church too," Legoyda said.
To achieve this objective, the channel will cover Patriarch Krill's ministry and main events in spiritual life of the Church.
Materials will be posted in 16 sections or play lists, key words will help users in search.
Legoyda paid special attention to the "Actual" Section where short videos with brief comments on important events of church and social life would be presented.
In the nearest future it is planned to make special films on church life adopted to YouTube format. Video materials will be accompanied with subtitles in English, German and Japanese.
165 thousand users have already visited the channel for less than three months of not announced work.
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01