14 October 2010, 10:29
Byelorussian autocephaly was not discussed between Lukashenko, Patriarch Bartholomew - administration
Minsk, October 14, Interfax - Minsk has called "ludicrous" and "provocative" the allegations by some Russian media outlets that during Byelorussian President Alexander Lukashenko's recent visit to Turkey, he might have discussed with Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople the possibility of creating an autocephaly of the Byelorussian Orthodox Church.
"Such reports which surfaced in the Russian press are another vile provocation, of which there have been more and more lately," chief of the Byelorussian presidential administration Vladimir Makei told Interfax.
"Byelorussians are openly laughing at hordes of media hoaxes forced by Russians into the Byelorussian territory, and get bored if a day passes without such hoaxes," he said.
"Yesterday it was the lie about Alexander Lukashenko considering Byelorussia's pullout from the Customs Union, the CSTO [Collective Security Treaty Organization] and other integration organizations, should Russia challenge the validity of our presidential election. Today it was the lie about the Byelorussian Orthodox Church's plans to secede from the Russian Orthodox Church, and tomorrow there will be piggish squeals about Russians being discriminated and killed in Byelorussia," Makei said.
"As for the ludicrousness of the claims about talks between Alexander Lukashenko and the patriarch of Constantinople regarding the creation of some autocephaly, I would like it to be known that Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill was aware of the scheduled visit by the Byelorussian President to Turkey and personally blessed the meeting between the Byelorussian President and Patriarch Bartholomew," said the chief of the presidential administration.
"The rest is from the category of conjectures," Makei said.
Commenting on the reports about Lukashenko's meeting with Patriarch Bartholomew, the Byelorussian Orthodox Church told Interfax that, "such speculative judgments have no bearing on the real existence of the Byelorussian Orthodox Church."
- Extremism case opened against 5 members of Jehovah's Witnesses in Syktyvkar 04 March 2021, 13:15
- Putin orders Interior Ministry to prosecute provocateurs, suppress all manifestations of extremism 03 March 2021, 16:25
- Kremlin not commenting on end of discussion about monument on Lubyanskaya Square - Peskov 01 March 2021, 14:19
- Moscow Mayor Sobyanin proposes to leave Lubyanskaya Square as it is for now 26 February 2021, 22:42
- Acting leader of Abkhazian Diocese is member of Georgian Church - Georgian Patriarchate 26 February 2021, 17:44
- Search underway on premises of Sredneuralsky Convent 26 February 2021, 17:41
- Defrocked priest Sergy's pretrial detention extended until end of spring 26 February 2021, 10:00
- Armenian Apostolic Church urges politicians to start talks 25 February 2021, 15:04
- Omsk resident fined 375,000 rubles for excusing terror attack in New Zealand 25 February 2021, 11:48
- Yakutian shaman Gabyshev charged with violence against police officer 25 February 2021, 10:45
- Meeting between Russian patriarch, Pope doesn't improve Christians' position in Middle East contrary to expectations - Metropolitan Hilarion 24 February 2021, 10:00
- Muscovites will choose between monuments to Dzerzhinsky, Alexander Nevsky on Lubyanka Square 20 February 2021, 10:03
- Former schema-monk Sergy admits giving bribe amounting to 'millions of dollars' 18 February 2021, 16:30
- World Russian People's Council backs idea of Ivan III monument on Lubyanka Square in Moscow 18 February 2021, 16:11
- FJCR suggests reinstalling fountain at Lubyanka 18 February 2021, 15:30
- Suspected organizer of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Russia's Kemerovo region placed under house arrest 17 February 2021, 14:11
- Police detain man who splashed Holocaust monument in Yerevan with paint 17 February 2021, 13:44
- The giant castle of corona cannibal to be burned in Russia on Maslenitsa 17 February 2021, 12:08
- Lawyers' association supports bill limiting surrogate motherhood in Russia 17 February 2021, 10:00
- FSB detain people suspected of financing ISIL under guise of donations to mosques in Crimea, Tatarstan 16 February 2021, 15:19
- World Union of Old Believers backs idea to place Ivan III monument on Moscow's Lubyanka Square 16 February 2021, 09:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion concerned by detention on non-participants in unsanctioned rallies 15 February 2021, 09:17
- Moscow court arrests 2 Jehovah's Witnesses 15 February 2021, 09:15
- Foreign Intelligence Service head compares those who insult WWII veterans to Nazi collaborators 12 February 2021, 11:53
- Congress of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions in Kazakhstan postponed to next year 12 February 2021, 11:07
- Sputnik V vaccine halal - Gamaleya Center expert 12 February 2021, 10:03
- Court denies former schema hegumen Sergy right to participate in dispute over church on territory of Sredneuralsky Convent 10 February 2021, 20:39
- Several organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 10 February 2021, 11:43
- Resident of Russia's Dagestan jailed for 10 years for killing local rabbi 10 February 2021, 11:14
- Tajik authorities classify sentence of opposition Islamic party leader 09 February 2021, 17:35