14 October 2010, 15:11
Roman Silantyev considers blackmailing the Mufti Council reproaches of Moscow authorities
Moscow, October 14, Interfax - Renowned Islamologist Roman Silantyev believes Moscow muftis started blackmailing future city government blaming authorities in insufficient attention to needs of the Muslim community.
"The situation is shaken on purpose. Acting spiritual leaders of the Muslim ummah haven't built any mosques in Moscow for 16 years. Why? With years it becomes more and more difficult to explain it to believers. Now they try to lay the blame on Moscow authorities as they put it: "to incite righteous anger of Muslims," Silantyev said in his interview to the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily.
Thus, he commented on recent statements of certain Islamic figures who blame authorities in not allotting land for building mosques in Moscow and warn them about possible Muslims unrests.
Meanwhile, according to Silantyev, "it is silly to blame previous Moscow mayor Yury Luzhkov in Islamophobia" as "all conditions for Muslim development were created in Moscow and friendly relations were stressed."
The Islamologist believes the problem is that instead of building mosques in Moscow, Muslim community focused on one and the only giant construction (extension of the Cathedral Mosque - IF) that it was not able to finish.
"Money came to an end and works are not conducted now. The territory where Muslims had enough space to pray is now occupied with the building and fenced. Who is guilty in it? Moscow authorities? Or Muslims, who say they need mosques, but are not ready to donate on them," Silantyev asks.
- Baptist dissenters hold "illegal religious gatherings" in Uzbekistan – media 18 June 2013, 15:14
- Human rights center of World Russian People's Council asks to recognize Judas and Jesus cartoon as extremist 17 June 2013, 15:07
- Prokhorov opposes homosexuality propaganda ban 17 June 2013, 13:14
- Secret religious schools with kidnapped pupils discovered in Tajikistan 17 June 2013, 12:33
- Patriarch Kirill visits Estonia 15 June 2013, 12:53
- To invite priest to a wedding in "en vogue" in China 14 June 2013, 14:09
- Female painter decorates a church in Volgograd Region on her own 14 June 2013, 14:08
- One of United Russia leaders slams Western criticism of gay propaganda bill 14 June 2013, 10:07
- Man goes on the rampage in Moscow church 14 June 2013, 10:02
- Putin says important to preserve interethnic, interreligious peace in Russia 13 June 2013, 18:02
- Same-sex unions may become European value – Russian MP 13 June 2013, 17:31
- Decision to transfer Schneerson library to Tolerance Center is Solomon's decision - Russia's chief rabbi 13 June 2013, 17:10
- Putin hopes that transferring Schneerson library to Jewish Museum will resolve issue (updated) 13 June 2013, 16:22
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Estonia 13 June 2013, 13:29
- Russia will reject Germany's criticism of homosexuality propaganda bill - Duma deputy 13 June 2013, 10:04
- Russian LGBT leader to sue co-author of bill on fines for homosexual propaganda 13 June 2013, 10:02
- Putin says he, his wife were not married in church 11 June 2013, 20:04
- Bill on fines for homosexual propaganda among minors passes Duma 11 June 2013, 19:55
- Duma passes bill criminalizing insults to religious believer's feelings (updated) 11 June 2013, 17:45
- Head of Muslim Union of Kazakhstan released after seven days 11 June 2013, 17:42
- Most Russians want propaganda of homosexuality to be banned – poll 11 June 2013, 15:47
- OIC to continue working on legitimization of Palestinian state 11 June 2013, 15:43
- HRW urges Russia not to pass bill banning propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations 11 June 2013, 11:56
- Covert Islamic group leader convicted in Uzbekistan 10 June 2013, 16:19
- State Duma to ban adoptions of children by same-sex couples next week 10 June 2013, 14:26
- Anti-clerical rally held in Tomsk 10 June 2013, 10:04
- Monks shouldn't use Internet - Patriarch Kirill 10 June 2013, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill: Russia-Greece relations rest on Orthodoxy 10 June 2013, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill plans to preside over celebrations of 1,000 years of Russian presence on Mount Athos in 2016 07 June 2013, 14:16
- Patriarch Kirill prays before Vatopedi Monastery sanctuaries on Mount Athos 07 June 2013, 11:28