24 November 2010, 17:29
Russian Father Frost expects to celebrate Christmas in London
Moscow, November 24, Interfax - Chief Russian Father Frost (Santa Claus) plans to visit Moscow together with his Snow Maiden in late December and expects to celebrate Orthodox Christmas in London attending the Russian Winter festival.
At a press conference held Wednesday in Moscow, Santa Claus said he would celebrate the New Year party at work, and his pre-holiday trip had already started.
"I travelled across Russian cities and plan to visit Germany, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and France. I'm going to meet all of my friends - young and elderly people and those in power. I will celebrate the New Year at work, I don't yet know, where," Santa Claus said.
According to him, the New Year is celebrated 36 times. "I fly around the world several times. My friends are waiting for me in Russia, Israel and the USA. I also have to visit Australia," he said.
He plans to celebrate Catholic Christmas in Latvia and Lithuania, and expects to celebrate Russian Orthodox Christmas at Trafalgar Square, London, where the Russian Winter festival will be held.
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54
- Moscow denounces deadly attack on Jerusalem synagogue - Foreign Ministry 19 November 2014, 10:01
- Religions play key role in maintaining peace and stability - Azeri leader 18 November 2014, 11:26
- Residents in south Moscow voluntarily refuse parking lots to build a church 17 November 2014, 17:59
- Wars in Muslim countries stem from poverty, lack of education - leader of CIS' only legal Islamic party 17 November 2014, 12:07
- Russian patriarch urges Serbs to cherish brotherly unity with Russian people 17 November 2014, 11:01
- Russian, Serbian patriarchs sanctify monument to Nicholas II in Belgrade 17 November 2014, 10:55
- Patriarch Kirill calls to stop violations of rights, liberties of Serbian population of Kosovo 17 November 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes attempts to rewrite history of Serbia, former USSR 17 November 2014, 10:15
- Serbian-Russian friendship is based on spiritual closeness, not amount of gas sold - Serbian president 17 November 2014, 10:02
- Procession with cross for peace marches in Ukraine 14 November 2014, 19:59
- Israel blames Palestine for exacerbation of situation with Temple Mount in Jerusalem 14 November 2014, 18:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls on people of Serbia to work together on renewing Europe 14 November 2014, 17:55
- Hundreds of people welcome Patriarch Kirill in Belgrade 14 November 2014, 17:49
- Orthodox world will never recognize Ukrainian schismatics - the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 14 November 2014, 10:08
- IS leader Omar Ash-Shishani has been killed - Kadyrov 13 November 2014, 15:54
- UOC Primate awards Interfax-Religion editor-in-chief 13 November 2014, 14:37
- Russians trust president, church, army - poll 13 November 2014, 14:36
- Russian Orthodox Church: Christian suffering in Middle East caused by West indifference 12 November 2014, 17:19
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Serbia 12 November 2014, 14:28
- Russian Prosecutor General's Office asks Supreme Court to brand "Islamic State" terrorist organization 12 November 2014, 12:28
- Patriarch Kirill urges authorities to maximally consider interests of Russian people 12 November 2014, 10:22
- Idea of world caliphate is doomed to collapse - Russian MP 12 November 2014, 10:03
- Syrian conflict a menace for Christian population in Middle East - Russian diplomat 11 November 2014, 18:10
- Church official urges not to panic about weakening ruble, claims it is an 'information bubble' 11 November 2014, 16:40