26 November 2010, 18:19
Islamologist suggests introducing NATO Turkish and Albanian contingent to Moscow district
Moscow, November 26, Interfax – Only NATO can help settle the conflict over plans to build a mosque in South-Eastern Moscow district of Tekstilschiki, Islamologist Roman Silantyev believes.
"This conflict has already gained international importance and only bringing NATO Turkish and Albanian contingent to Tekstilschiki can stabilize the situation," Silantyev told an Interfax-Religion correspondent on Friday.
Thus he commented on the words of TV anchor, member of the Russian Public Chamber and the Council of Muftis Expert Council Maxim Shevchenko who had recently said that prefect of the Moscow South-Eastern Administrative District Vladimir Zotov undermines foundations of the state system and should be tried as the latter informed that there would be no mosque in Tekstilschiki. Besides, the journalist equated the official to the leader of Chechen militants Doku Umarov and said he feared that "actions of undermining elements in power can lead to reviving radical "Umarov's" forces in the North Caucasus."
The interviewee of the agency noted that "the respected expert of the Russian Council of Muftis expressed his opinion on refusing to build a mosque in Tekstilschiki too mildly."
"I'm sure the question of building this mosque should be discussed at the next session of the UN Security Council and the Strasbourg Court and if Vladimir Zotov refuses to obey fair Muslims' claims international community should apply sanctions against his district and ban his xenophobian residents to visit civilized countries," the Islamologist said.
According to him, it is extremely important "not to consider the so called local residents as there are only several hundred people who are nothing, but newly arrived "fascists" and "extremists."
"Times of cursed tsarism and totalitarian Stalinism passed, today we have democracy, power of demos. And demos, we know it from history, is not the whole nation, but only its intellectual, prosperous and mercilessly tolerant part. It should decide what, where and according to what law to build," Silantyev ironically said.
According to him, "it is extremely important not to irritate and outrage Doku Umarov." "If he wants a mosque in Tekstilschiki give it to him. Everything that excites his immature psycho should be categorically excluded or he will get offended and intensify his holy war," the expert said.
He suggested that "heroic mufti of Northern Ossetia Ali Yevteyev, who was exiled by enemies of Russia to his ideological Motherland," should become an imam in the Tekstilschiki mosque.
"He will explain to his parish how to kindle peace and inflict favor to neighboring Christians," Silantyev said.
- Head of Russian Jewish organization slams EU "pressure" on Ukraine 18 December 2013, 10:03
- Meeting of Pope, Patriarch is historical event, requires detailed preparations - Vatican 17 December 2013, 10:01
- Kyrgyzstan arrests 8 members of Hizb ut-Tahrir 16 December 2013, 10:10
- Ukraine not prepared to legalize same-sex "marriages", as demanded by EU - Azarov 16 December 2013, 10:00
- Gifts of the Magi relic from Mount Athos to visit Russia, Belarus and Ukraine 13 December 2013, 14:10
- Moscow concerned about Islamist insurgents seizing military warehouses in northern Syria 13 December 2013, 10:01
- Investigators intend to question Grozovsky lawyer as witness 13 December 2013, 10:00
- Five men suspected of setting fire to churches in Tatarstan turn out to be Islamists 12 December 2013, 17:01
- Yanukovich invites reps of all political forces, clergy to have dialog 12 December 2013, 10:00
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11