20 December 2010, 17:07
Russian Church believes critics of Tallinn mayor groundless as he asked St.Andrew the First-Called Foundation to allot money for church
Moscow, December 20, Interfax - Russia's allotting means on church in Tallinn cannot be considered as an attempt to boost its political influence, the Moscow Patriarchate stressed.
"It seems to us that only people with good imagination can qualify readiness of Russian businessmen and philanthropists to contribute in building Orthodox church in Tallinn as an attempt of boosting Russia's political influence," deputy head of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Archpriest Nikolay Balashov told an Interfax-Religion correspondent.
Thus the priest commented information that the Estonian Security Police called Tallinn mayor Edgrar Savisaar "an agent of Russia's influence" after he asked St. Andrew the First-Called Foundation to allot money for building a Russian church in the Estonian capital.
According to Father Nikolay, if we consider help in building Orthodox church this way "then the Estonian help extended to restore St. John's Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg should be evaluated as interference in domestic affairs of the Russian Federation."
"It seems to be an absolutely unproductive attitude. What lays in its foundation - fear before the neighbor, unmotivated hostility of some political powers? We will be glad if Estonian businessmen more actively participate in building church in Lasnamae (residential area in Tallinn - IF)," the interviewee of the agency added. He believes that care for dozens of thousands Orthodox residents is "natural and praiseworthy" for the Estonian mayor.
- Ukraine to allow church services indoors on June 5 03 June 2020, 15:39
- Case involving organization of Jehovah's Witnesses group being investigated in Moscow Region 03 June 2020, 13:47
- Shaman Gabyshev involuntarily committed for indefinite period - rights activists 02 June 2020, 19:40
- World Russian People's Council calls on EU leaders to defend Russians' right to study in Ukrainian schools in their native language 02 June 2020, 18:27
- Moscow churches to reopen on June 6 (updated) 01 June 2020, 18:39
- Archbishop Giovanni d'Aniello appointed Vatican's new ambassador to Russia 01 June 2020, 14:05
- Chuvash metropolitan dies of coronavirus 01 June 2020, 12:07
- Russian army's main church due to open on June 22 29 May 2020, 17:38
- The quarantine time is optimal for spiritual growth, Patriarch Kirill believes 29 May 2020, 13:10
- Defense team of Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev challenges his commitment to psychiatric hospital in court 29 May 2020, 11:50
- Trial of Aum Shinrikyo's Russian cell head begins in Rostov-on-Don 27 May 2020, 21:23
- Siberian hermit Agafya Lykova does not know much about coronavirus, but prays for the sick 27 May 2020, 18:17
- The Protection Monastery in Moscow with St. Matrona relics opened for parishioners in spite of the acting ban of Russian Church 27 May 2020, 17:04
- Yekaterinburg diocese bans services of priest who cursed those who close churches over pandemic 27 May 2020, 11:17
- Defense team for Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev asks ECHR for urgent effort toward his release 26 May 2020, 13:56
- Chief rabbi of Russia believes attention to our neighbors to be the main achievement of the pandemic 25 May 2020, 16:12
- Coronavirus may be part of biopsychological war - Russian Orthodox Church 25 May 2020, 15:09
- Kiev Lavra of the Caves reopens following quarantine 25 May 2020, 14:03
- Police talked to Metropolitan Longin of Saratov as he came to the market without a mask 22 May 2020, 18:08
- Chairman of coordination center of North Caucasus Muslims hospitalized in Moscow 22 May 2020, 18:07
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia to deliver 240 tons of Kosher food to those in need 22 May 2020, 17:43
- Russian Orthodox Church speaker calls its financial situation extremely difficult 22 May 2020, 16:52
- St. Petersburg's Evening Light charity to appeal designation of U.S. preacher Branham's materials as extremist 22 May 2020, 13:38
- Russian Orthodox Church organizes donation of blood from people who recovered from coronavirus 21 May 2020, 16:47
- Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind 21 May 2020, 12:55
- Muslims of Tatarstan to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in their homes 21 May 2020, 10:22
- Russian Orthodox Church yet to decide whether Patriarch Kirill will visit Serbia in Oct 20 May 2020, 19:50
- Moldovan Orthodox Church says Bill Gates, 5G dangerous for mankind 20 May 2020, 19:46
- Rabbi Lazar believes pandemic is a result of people's disassociation 20 May 2020, 13:35
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov recovered from coronavirus 19 May 2020, 21:04