23 December 2010, 15:14
Patriarch Kirill wishes Lukashenko to invariably develop fraternal relations with Russia
Moscow, December 23, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia congratulated Alexander Lukashenko on his reelection as the President of Byelorussia.
"I hope that the Republic of Belarus will invariably follow the way of developing fraternal relations with Russia and other historical and spiritually close countries," the Patriarch said in his message to Lukashenko posted on the Moscow Patriarchate official website.
The Primate mentions that the republic has set up a system of church and state partnership covering various fields of life and took "the best models of European experience considering peculiarities of Byelorussian society."
"Working on the supreme state post in recent years, You sincerely served to your country and citizens. Results of the last elections revealed that the level of people's credit to You has increased," the message reads.
The Patriarch wished Lukashenko "peace, good health and strength in his work for the prosperity of Motherland."
- Sberbank chief in favor of developing Islamic banking in Russia 29 May 2015, 18:36
- Tajik Supreme Court brands ISIL as terrorist organization 29 May 2015, 15:07
- Moscow authorities caution gays from holding parade 29 May 2015, 13:49
- Attackers of Russian church and school will be found, German deputy believes 29 May 2015, 12:15
- Tajik OMON commander confirms he is fighting alongside IS for Muslim rights in Syria 28 May 2015, 13:01
- Member of Tajikistan Islamic Renaissance Party punished for polygamy 28 May 2015, 12:13
- Patriarch Kirill among ten Russians, compatriots trust most of all 28 May 2015, 11:12
- Patriarch Kirill's page in VKontakte was viewed more than a million times for the first three days 27 May 2015, 18:08
- Russia answers to the cast challenge with the splash of optimism 26 May 2015, 17:10
- Mass abortions in Russia contradict to international legal norms, renowned priest believes 26 May 2015, 10:08
- Hundreds of polygamous marriages are made in Moscow according to Sharia law every year - mufti 25 May 2015, 18:09
- Moscow Patriarchate church set on fire in northwestern Ukraine 25 May 2015, 15:13
- Moscow condemns Friday bomb attack at Saudi mosque 25 May 2015, 10:56
- Putin says Russian Orthodox Church remains leading spiritual component of society 25 May 2015, 10:10
- Mikhalkov tells how his father did not let Greek monks to occupy Russian monastery on Mount Athos 22 May 2015, 14:46
- Russia has no plans to legalize polygamy - Mizulina 22 May 2015, 12:58
- Church insists on adopting the law excluding abortions from the system of compulsory medical insurance 22 May 2015, 12:47
- Patriarch Kirill speaks of Orthodox believers' contribution to the Victory and urges to keep it in memory 20 May 2015, 15:56
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin accuses enemies of traditional family of attacking Chechnya 20 May 2015, 10:22
- Polygamy prohibited in Russia; Kremlin not taking part in debate - Peskov 20 May 2015, 10:06
- Belarus seeks extradition of self-proclaimed Kiev Patriarchate priest suspected of fraud 19 May 2015, 15:17
- Bill cancelling mandatory health insurance coverage for abortions submitted to State Duma 19 May 2015, 10:42
- Dozens of priests leave Ukraine, 19 churches of Moscow Patriarchate seized - Russian Orthodox Church representative 18 May 2015, 18:15
- Qiwi denies participation in Islamic State financing schemes 18 May 2015, 17:57
- Over 80% of Russians against same-sex "marriages" 18 May 2015, 17:48
- Priests, opponents of same-sex relationships disrupt gay pride parade in Chisinau 18 May 2015, 11:56
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church calls for halt of infowar between Ukraine, Russia 15 May 2015, 17:52
- Tajik riot police commander may be fighting with Islamic State in Syria - sources 14 May 2015, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Cuba 12 May 2015, 10:09
- UOC primate did not stand up to honor ATO participants in Rada 12 May 2015, 10:08