23 December 2010, 15:14
Patriarch Kirill wishes Lukashenko to invariably develop fraternal relations with Russia
Moscow, December 23, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia congratulated Alexander Lukashenko on his reelection as the President of Byelorussia.
"I hope that the Republic of Belarus will invariably follow the way of developing fraternal relations with Russia and other historical and spiritually close countries," the Patriarch said in his message to Lukashenko posted on the Moscow Patriarchate official website.
The Primate mentions that the republic has set up a system of church and state partnership covering various fields of life and took "the best models of European experience considering peculiarities of Byelorussian society."
"Working on the supreme state post in recent years, You sincerely served to your country and citizens. Results of the last elections revealed that the level of people's credit to You has increased," the message reads.
The Patriarch wished Lukashenko "peace, good health and strength in his work for the prosperity of Motherland."
- Moscow City Hall denies authorization for gay pride parade, rally in support of ECHR decision on law banning gay propaganda 22 June 2017, 18:06
- Aliyev repeals ban on religious activity of citizens trained abroad 22 June 2017, 15:30
- Georgian president calls discussion of restoration of monarchy 'strange PR move' 21 June 2017, 17:50
- Amur Region resident sentenced for hosting meetings of banned religious association 21 June 2017, 17:21
- Dodon to go to Mount Athos on vacation 21 June 2017, 17:14
- Number of those who want to be Orthodox priests has significantly grown in Russia 21 June 2017, 15:13
- Aliyev deems social justice to be best protection from religious radicalism 21 June 2017, 10:51
- Russia doesn't persecute LGBT but bans forcing this orientation on children – Lavrov 21 June 2017, 10:14
- Kremlin to look into ECHR judgment on law banning gay propaganda amongst minors, waits to see details 20 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Justice Ministry to appeal ECHR judgment on Russian law banning gay propaganda amongst minors 20 June 2017, 13:28
- Radicalization of Kyrgyz nationals rooted in disregard of religion issues by previous administration - Kyrgyz Security Council secretary 20 June 2017, 13:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 50,000 euros to Russian LGBT community activists 20 June 2017, 13:10
- Georgian patriarch proposes constitutional monarchy 19 June 2017, 10:24
- Kiev gay pride parade participants set upon by group of men three hours after event 19 June 2017, 10:13
- Two policemen sustain minor injuries during LGBT pride parade in Kiev 19 June 2017, 10:02
- The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia urges to remove Lenin's body from the Red Square 19 June 2017, 09:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate remains one of the largest religious organizations in Ukraine - Culture Ministry 14 June 2017, 16:38
- Russia faces Ukraine's resistance in returning St. Alexander representation in Jerusalem 14 June 2017, 11:51
- Russian Church Abroad calls to support its Bethany school for Arabian girls 14 June 2017, 11:38
- According to some data, Lenin was depicted carrying a piece of cross, not log 13 June 2017, 17:52
- Islamic countries can resolve all of their disagreements peacefully – Aliyev 13 June 2017, 14:42
- Moscow Patriarchate takes measures to protect from hacker attacks 13 June 2017, 12:26
- New army church consecrated in Kyrgyz airbase 13 June 2017, 12:06
- Siberian Old Believers teach Chinese offices to survive in taiga 13 June 2017, 10:00
- Nazarbayev hopes Islamic world can reach understanding soon 09 June 2017, 11:02
- Three extremists spreading radical Islam ideas convicted in Uzbekistan 09 June 2017, 10:17
- Expert on Orthodox shrines compared contemporary Russia to Medieval Europe 09 June 2017, 10:14
- Some 500,000 pilgrims bow to St. Nicholas remains as 3 km line forms outside the Moscow cathedral 08 June 2017, 19:10
- St. Petersburg Church of Scientology founders arrested 08 June 2017, 18:57
- Russian Orthodox Church's relations with Catholics intensify after meeting with Pope - Patriarch Kirill 08 June 2017, 18:54