17 January 2011, 13:02
Patriarch Kirill suggest measures to decrease abortions, back up orphans and families with many children
Moscow, January 17, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia sent Russian authorities suggestions how to improve national policy on family and childhood.
As to opposing abortions, the Patriarch urged to accept departmental instruction of the Ministry of Health and Social Development "that makes preservation of pregnancy a priority task for the doctor and bans medical initiatives on its interruption," official website of the Moscow Patriarchate reports.
The Primate urged to introduce in medical practice a compulsory two-week period of waiting after "informed consent" - a document that woman signs before an abortion as this period exists in developed countries.
Patriarch Kirill also spoke for establishing a network of orphanages for lonely mothers in difficult life situation and centers of crisis pregnancy with physiologists and representatives of traditional religions in every maternity hospital.
The Patriarch suggested to take out operation on pregnancy interruption (except cases of direct threat to mother's life) from the system of medical insurance, to exclude abortions from tax payers fund, to explain in schools how a child develops in mother's womb, to provide state support to the media campaign condemning abortions and promoting maternity.
Patriarch Kirill believes it necessary to legally secure a family's priority to independently settle questions regarding its inner life, to set up additional guarantees of parents' right to bring up their children including formation of their world outlook and life style, guarding them from dangerous and immoral deeds, regulating their day regimen, performing religious rules, communicating with the opposite sex.
The Patriarch urged to strictly minimize and clearly put down in the legislation conditions that make possible to take children from family without court decision.
- Humanitarian help to restore churches will be conveyed to the DNR 24 November 2014, 12:16
- Russia to invite OSCE to address condition of Christians in Mideast - Lavrov 24 November 2014, 10:08
- Moscow accuses UN mission in ignoring takeovers of churches and threats against priests in eastern Ukraine 24 November 2014, 10:04
- Zvyagintsev's Leviathan wins Golden Frog at Camerimage festival 24 November 2014, 10:03
- Russia, U.S. must melt ice in relationship, overcome global crises - Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2014, 19:02
- At least 50 churches were damaged in military action in Ukraine - Russian expert 21 November 2014, 18:20
- Uniates following UOC hierarchs distanced from memorandum for the Local Church 21 November 2014, 16:03
- Moscow wants Islamic world disagreements resolved - Russian foreign minister 21 November 2014, 12:14
- Putin, patriarch unveil monument to Alexander I outside Kremlin 21 November 2014, 10:02
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54
- Moscow denounces deadly attack on Jerusalem synagogue - Foreign Ministry 19 November 2014, 10:01
- Religions play key role in maintaining peace and stability - Azeri leader 18 November 2014, 11:26
- Residents in south Moscow voluntarily refuse parking lots to build a church 17 November 2014, 17:59
- Wars in Muslim countries stem from poverty, lack of education - leader of CIS' only legal Islamic party 17 November 2014, 12:07
- Russian patriarch urges Serbs to cherish brotherly unity with Russian people 17 November 2014, 11:01
- Russian, Serbian patriarchs sanctify monument to Nicholas II in Belgrade 17 November 2014, 10:55
- Patriarch Kirill calls to stop violations of rights, liberties of Serbian population of Kosovo 17 November 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes attempts to rewrite history of Serbia, former USSR 17 November 2014, 10:15
- Serbian-Russian friendship is based on spiritual closeness, not amount of gas sold - Serbian president 17 November 2014, 10:02
- Procession with cross for peace marches in Ukraine 14 November 2014, 19:59
- Israel blames Palestine for exacerbation of situation with Temple Mount in Jerusalem 14 November 2014, 18:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls on people of Serbia to work together on renewing Europe 14 November 2014, 17:55
- Hundreds of people welcome Patriarch Kirill in Belgrade 14 November 2014, 17:49
- Orthodox world will never recognize Ukrainian schismatics - the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 14 November 2014, 10:08
- IS leader Omar Ash-Shishani has been killed - Kadyrov 13 November 2014, 15:54