17 January 2011, 18:21
The Investigative Committee confirmed the identification of the remains of Nicholas II family
*** Criminal case into emperor's death closed - Investigative Committee
Moscow, January 17, Interfax - The Russian Investigative Committee has closed a criminal case into the death of Russia's last Emperor Nicholas II Romanov, his wife, children and the imperial entourage in 1918-1919.
"The case was closed on January 14 in line with a court decision. The identification of the remains of the former emperor and people of the imperial entourage is confirmed by the committee's resolution on the issue," the committee says in a report posted on its website on Monday.
It says that in compliance with resolution of Russian and foreign experts and other investigation materials, remains found in the first burial belongs to Nicholas II, his wife and daughters – Grand Duchess Olga, Tatyana and Anastasia and people of the imperial entourage (the lady’s maid, the physician-in-ordinary, the valet and the cook). Remains in the second burial belong to Nicholas II children - Crown Prince Alexey and Grand Duchess Maria.
On October 1, 2008, the Russian Supreme Court's Presidium ruled to rehabilitate Nicholas II Romanov and his family.
The court confirmed that the arrest and shootings of the imperial family and their servants had been carried out "on behalf of the state" but said that from the point of view of the then Soviet government the repression was necessary because the "former emperor, his wife and children - members of the Russian Imperial House - constituted a danger to the Soviet political regime according to their class, social and religious distinctions".
On October 1, 2008, following a lawsuit filed by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna Romanova over inconsistencies between the October 1, 2008 ruling of the Supreme Court's Presidium and the investigator's resolution, a Moscow Basmanny District Court judge declared the investigator's resolution on the closure of the criminal case unfounded under Article 90 of the Russian Criminal Code and ordered the inconsistencies to be removed.
"On November 25, 2010, the resolution on the closure of the above criminal case was cancelled by a deputy chief of the Investigative Committee," the report says.
The probe was led by the committee's Main Investigative Department, it says.
- Russia's historical mission is to keep Europe from breaking away from the Christian tradition - Foreign Intelligence Service chief 22 October 2019, 11:54
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57