09 February 2011, 12:36
Democracy in Arabic Muslim country is direct way to Islamist dictatorship, renowned political expert believes
Moscow, February 9, Interfax - Renowned political scientist and the State Duma MP Sergey Markov is convinced that democracy in Muslim countries of the Middle East can become only a step to dictatorship of Islamic radicals.
"Today democracy in any Arabian Muslim country is a direct way to dictatorship of Islamists," he writes in his article in Izvestia daily.
According to him, situation in Egypt is very probable to develop on the Iranian scenario that unfolded 30 years ago: authorities will be changed every several weeks with a new temporary government and first it will be a coalition of the former regimen and moderate Western opposition a-la Mohamed El Baradei.
The expert believes that it will be changed by a coalition of moderate and radical opposition, but it will be still pro-Western that in its turn will be changed by radical pro-Western and moderate Islamic opposition. It will be followed by the Islamic government.
"Eventually, radicals will fully seize power and set up their dictatorship and all pro-Western politicians, advocates of the authoritarian regime and opposition will have to emigrate," Markov believes.
He is sure there is an organization of Islamists that is ready to take power - it is Muslim Brothers who killed the former president Sadat at a military parade.
Markov pointed out that "Islamists seek power not in Egypt" and they are ready to "inspire and support each other, pushing each other to power," and it can lead to "a powerful coalition of Islamist states that will declare political and perhaps even real war to Israel, which will plunge the region into chaos."
The expert believes that finally Israel will have to use nuclear weapons or seek powerful military support in the West, thus "USA and their NATO allies will be engaged in military actions to protect Israel in a new Arab-Israeli war."
- About 1 billion rubles were collected for building the main church of Russian Military Forces 21 September 2018, 18:29
- Serbian Orthodox Church opposes Constantinople's claim to determine Ukrainian Church's future 21 September 2018, 16:57
- Moscow lacks at least 20 synagogues 21 September 2018, 13:13
- Metropolitan Onufry is Ukraine's sole canonical Orthodox leader - Jerusalem Church's exarch 20 September 2018, 18:45
- Jehovah's Witnesses detained in Perm 20 September 2018, 15:23
- Poroshenko promises state protection for clergy, laity of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate who join unified local church 20 September 2018, 14:11
- Putin attends sanctification ceremony for foundation stone of military's main church at Patriot Park 20 September 2018, 10:00
- Russian Church to help Syria return to peaceful life - Patriarch Kirill 19 September 2018, 10:00
- Putin, Erdogan didn't discuss conflict between Russian Orthodox Church, Constantinople – Peskov 18 September 2018, 12:23
- Constantinople exarch in Kiev collects works of Ukrainian nationalists 18 September 2018, 10:20
- Constantinople's exarch says willing to cooperate with "Kiev Patriarchate" 17 September 2018, 19:01
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls Constantinople policy mean 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion recommends Constantinople to form "one local Church in America" 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses U.S. of deliberately destroying Russian Orthodox Church 17 September 2018, 11:32
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarchate of Constantinople status might be reviewed 14 September 2018, 21:55
- Patriarch Kirill's spokesman likens state of Moscow-Constantinople relations with yellow traffic light 14 September 2018, 21:53
- Moscow Patriarchate suspends mentioning of Patriarch Bartholomew in prayers at church services 14 September 2018, 21:48
- Constantinople Patriarchate has no right to interfere in Ukrainian church affairs - Metropolitan Onufry 14 September 2018, 15:29
- Constantinople has 'tradition' of encouraging schisms in Russian Orthodox Church - Patriarch Kirill 14 September 2018, 15:14
- Moldovan president proposes outlawing gay prides 14 September 2018, 14:31
- Kremlin following current session of Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church - Peskov 14 September 2018, 14:23
- UOC official believes most of its parishioners won't leave for Constantinople's "autocephaly" 14 September 2018, 09:43
- Russian Orthodox Church Holy Synod to hold extraordinary meeting on Sept 14 13 September 2018, 20:55
- Situation surrounding Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Kiev is state's brutal interference in Church affairs - Russian Foreign Ministry 13 September 2018, 17:15
- Metropolitan Hilarion meets with apostolic nuncio to Russia 13 September 2018, 14:07
- Greece's visa denial to Metropolitan Varsonofy scandalous - Moscow Patriarchate 13 September 2018, 13:06
- Constantinople's actions can result in a schism in Orthodoxy, exceeding the Great Schism of 1054, Russian church official says 13 September 2018, 13:03
- The Russian Orthodox Church urges UOC believers to unite around Metropolitan Onufry 13 September 2018, 11:53
- Constantinople legates arrive in Ukraine - sources 12 September 2018, 19:31
- Metropolitan Onufry calls on flock to stay faithful to the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 12 September 2018, 17:08