09 February 2011, 12:36
Democracy in Arabic Muslim country is direct way to Islamist dictatorship, renowned political expert believes
Moscow, February 9, Interfax - Renowned political scientist and the State Duma MP Sergey Markov is convinced that democracy in Muslim countries of the Middle East can become only a step to dictatorship of Islamic radicals.
"Today democracy in any Arabian Muslim country is a direct way to dictatorship of Islamists," he writes in his article in Izvestia daily.
According to him, situation in Egypt is very probable to develop on the Iranian scenario that unfolded 30 years ago: authorities will be changed every several weeks with a new temporary government and first it will be a coalition of the former regimen and moderate Western opposition a-la Mohamed El Baradei.
The expert believes that it will be changed by a coalition of moderate and radical opposition, but it will be still pro-Western that in its turn will be changed by radical pro-Western and moderate Islamic opposition. It will be followed by the Islamic government.
"Eventually, radicals will fully seize power and set up their dictatorship and all pro-Western politicians, advocates of the authoritarian regime and opposition will have to emigrate," Markov believes.
He is sure there is an organization of Islamists that is ready to take power - it is Muslim Brothers who killed the former president Sadat at a military parade.
Markov pointed out that "Islamists seek power not in Egypt" and they are ready to "inspire and support each other, pushing each other to power," and it can lead to "a powerful coalition of Islamist states that will declare political and perhaps even real war to Israel, which will plunge the region into chaos."
The expert believes that finally Israel will have to use nuclear weapons or seek powerful military support in the West, thus "USA and their NATO allies will be engaged in military actions to protect Israel in a new Arab-Israeli war."
- Patriarch Kirill: We fight for justice in Syria 21 March 2018, 16:46
- Church official regrets that unlike Oxford and Harvard restoration of university churches in Russia provoke negative reaction 20 March 2018, 14:07
- Traveler Konuykhov plans to set up an Orthodox cross at the bottom of the Marianna Trench 20 March 2018, 13:13
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes western countries do not pay attention to the provoked by them exodus of Christians from the Middle East 19 March 2018, 21:06
- Patriarch Kirill: presidential elections showed unity of Russians around their national leader 19 March 2018, 17:59
- The whole world will lose from anti-Russian actions of the West, the Russian church official believes 15 March 2018, 16:51
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes not only Bulgaria, but all countries of the former Warsaw Pact tend to revising history 12 March 2018, 19:13
- Jewish scientist proves that main provisions of Kabbalah coincides with scientific view on universe 12 March 2018, 18:24
- The Russian Church doubts the decency of the Armenian priest who spoke against divine nature of the Holy Fire 12 March 2018, 16:58
- 21 Orthodox churches to open in Moscow this year 07 March 2018, 16:35
- Captain of the Russian ice hockey team visited the Sredneuralsky Monastery to thank God for victory 07 March 2018, 16:32
- Arab Spring sparked global religious extremism - Russian Security Council 07 March 2018, 12:57
- Searchers in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev related to possible illegal actions of certain citizens, rather than center itself - prosecutor's office 07 March 2018, 12:53
- Searches take place in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev 07 March 2018, 12:33
- Two religious extremists killed in northern Azerbaijan 07 March 2018, 12:30
- Patriarch Kirill: 50 Orthodox Churches recently taken over in Ukraine 01 March 2018, 18:40
- Russia seriously concerned about Christians' persecution in Middle East - Russian deputy FM 01 March 2018, 18:01
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Bulgaria in March 27 February 2018, 17:53
- Lavrov warns against involving Orthodox Churches in political games 22 February 2018, 13:35
- Tajik Salafis intending to join terrorists in Syria dressed up as women to escape police 22 February 2018, 11:25
- To eliminate ISIS on its territory is not enough, its cells remind about themselves in Russia - Metropolitan Hilarion 22 February 2018, 11:01
- Total of 20,500 Muslims from Russia could carry out hajj in 2018 21 February 2018, 11:28
- Clergy could do for countering terrorism in Dagestan more than security services - human rights council head 21 February 2018, 11:25
- Cat who lives at the main Crimean construction site grew fat eating pancakes on Russian Maslenitsa and will observe shrimp diet 20 February 2018, 14:16
- Women killed in Kizlyar to be buried on territory of church as martyrs 20 February 2018, 11:06
- Kizlyar shooting an attempt to pit Dagestan's people, religions against one another – Vasilyev 20 February 2018, 11:04
- 82% of Russians consider unacceptable jokes about the Church 19 February 2018, 17:23
- Investigators probing Kizlyar shooter's affiliation with extremist organizations – Peskov 19 February 2018, 14:02
- Kadyrov says shocked by Kizlyar church attack 19 February 2018, 11:05
- Patriarch Kirill sees shooting in Dagestan as provocation aimed at causing discord between Orthodox, Muslims 19 February 2018, 10:39