09 February 2011, 12:36
Democracy in Arabic Muslim country is direct way to Islamist dictatorship, renowned political expert believes
Moscow, February 9, Interfax - Renowned political scientist and the State Duma MP Sergey Markov is convinced that democracy in Muslim countries of the Middle East can become only a step to dictatorship of Islamic radicals.
"Today democracy in any Arabian Muslim country is a direct way to dictatorship of Islamists," he writes in his article in Izvestia daily.
According to him, situation in Egypt is very probable to develop on the Iranian scenario that unfolded 30 years ago: authorities will be changed every several weeks with a new temporary government and first it will be a coalition of the former regimen and moderate Western opposition a-la Mohamed El Baradei.
The expert believes that it will be changed by a coalition of moderate and radical opposition, but it will be still pro-Western that in its turn will be changed by radical pro-Western and moderate Islamic opposition. It will be followed by the Islamic government.
"Eventually, radicals will fully seize power and set up their dictatorship and all pro-Western politicians, advocates of the authoritarian regime and opposition will have to emigrate," Markov believes.
He is sure there is an organization of Islamists that is ready to take power - it is Muslim Brothers who killed the former president Sadat at a military parade.
Markov pointed out that "Islamists seek power not in Egypt" and they are ready to "inspire and support each other, pushing each other to power," and it can lead to "a powerful coalition of Islamist states that will declare political and perhaps even real war to Israel, which will plunge the region into chaos."
The expert believes that finally Israel will have to use nuclear weapons or seek powerful military support in the West, thus "USA and their NATO allies will be engaged in military actions to protect Israel in a new Arab-Israeli war."
- Directorate of Muslims of Uzbekistan disagrees with U.S. State Dept analysis of religious freedom in republic 15 January 2018, 16:24
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin defines New Valaam Monastery relics saved by Finland as unifying force 15 January 2018, 10:44
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Russians have become more intolerant to treachery, abortions and homosexual connections for twenty years - poll 11 January 2018, 17:56
- Brother of leader of Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan calls on extremists to 'open their eyes' 11 January 2018, 17:39
- Orthodox children in Syrian Latakia received Christmas gifts from Moscow parish 09 January 2018, 18:41
- St. Petersburg among Russia's top three most popular places to spend Orthodox Christmas 09 January 2018, 14:36
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by social disintegration 07 January 2018, 16:57
- Church not going to hinder expert work on "Yekaterinburg remains" - Patriarch Kirill 07 January 2018, 16:56
- Putin offers Christmas greetings to Orthodox Christians 07 January 2018, 11:18
- Russia can have twice as many churches in 30 years - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:26
- Not less than 120 churches in Syria need to be restored - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:02
- Priestly ordination gives Feodor Konyukhov special power, his wife believes 25 December 2017, 16:31
- No one needs conflict in Donbass, it weakens all those involved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 13:06
- All conditions of prisoner exchange in Donbass approved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 11:43
- All ethnic and religious groups, parties and armed groups invited to Syrian National Dialogue Congress - Shoigu 22 December 2017, 17:40
- Scharansky is impressed by positive changes in life of Russian Jews 22 December 2017, 10:51
- Vucic invites Putin to Belgrade for 800th anniversary of autocephaly of Serbian Orthodox Church 20 December 2017, 10:43
- Governors should be evaluated for their affairs, not longevity of their rule, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 18 December 2017, 20:39
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls provocation Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital 18 December 2017, 16:01
- Not only Jews should participate in visits to Auschwitz, president of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia believes 18 December 2017, 14:52
- African patriarch predicts great future to Orthodoxy on his continent 08 December 2017, 10:59
- OSCE should take principled stance on discrimination against Christians in Middle East, effectively defend their rights - Lavrov 08 December 2017, 10:21
- Over 120 churches were destroyed in Syria during the war - Patriarch John of Antioch 07 December 2017, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill pays special attention to inter-church relations between Russia and the USA on the background of complicated relations between the countries 07 December 2017, 17:53
- Russia may attend urgent OIC summit on Jerusalem as observer 07 December 2017, 15:10
- Chief rabbi of Russia calls Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital the restoration of justice 07 December 2017, 12:02
- Patriarch Kirill invites American pilgrims to Russia 07 December 2017, 10:14