09 February 2011, 12:36
Democracy in Arabic Muslim country is direct way to Islamist dictatorship, renowned political expert believes
Moscow, February 9, Interfax - Renowned political scientist and the State Duma MP Sergey Markov is convinced that democracy in Muslim countries of the Middle East can become only a step to dictatorship of Islamic radicals.
"Today democracy in any Arabian Muslim country is a direct way to dictatorship of Islamists," he writes in his article in Izvestia daily.
According to him, situation in Egypt is very probable to develop on the Iranian scenario that unfolded 30 years ago: authorities will be changed every several weeks with a new temporary government and first it will be a coalition of the former regimen and moderate Western opposition a-la Mohamed El Baradei.
The expert believes that it will be changed by a coalition of moderate and radical opposition, but it will be still pro-Western that in its turn will be changed by radical pro-Western and moderate Islamic opposition. It will be followed by the Islamic government.
"Eventually, radicals will fully seize power and set up their dictatorship and all pro-Western politicians, advocates of the authoritarian regime and opposition will have to emigrate," Markov believes.
He is sure there is an organization of Islamists that is ready to take power - it is Muslim Brothers who killed the former president Sadat at a military parade.
Markov pointed out that "Islamists seek power not in Egypt" and they are ready to "inspire and support each other, pushing each other to power," and it can lead to "a powerful coalition of Islamist states that will declare political and perhaps even real war to Israel, which will plunge the region into chaos."
The expert believes that finally Israel will have to use nuclear weapons or seek powerful military support in the West, thus "USA and their NATO allies will be engaged in military actions to protect Israel in a new Arab-Israeli war."
- The Museum of Ball opened in Sochi is decorated with frescoes painted by church artists 20 June 2018, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of UN Secretary-General to harmful for humanity consequences of giving up traditional morals 20 June 2018, 17:10
- Patriarch Kirill urges UN Secretary-General to help Middle Eastern Christians return home 20 June 2018, 16:51
- Polygamy banned in Turkmenistan 19 June 2018, 17:01
- Foundation stone to the Church of Holy Doctor the Passion-Bearer Eugeny Botkin laid in the Urals 19 June 2018, 13:33
- Helicopter with the Icon of the Mother of God flew over all WC-2018 objects in Saransk 19 June 2018, 13:06
- A church was built in native village of the first female cosmonaut to mark the 55th anniversary of her flight 18 June 2018, 12:46
- Church and Russian Health Ministry to chair the program of helping Syrian children 18 June 2018, 12:29
- Several thousand people participated in parade organized by LGBT activists in downtown Kiev 18 June 2018, 10:53
- The Ukrainian church schism legalization to cut into parts body of global Orthodoxy - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 June 2018, 10:34
- Moscow Patriarchate surprised by Patriarch Bartholomew's words that people of Ukraine are outside canonical Church 18 June 2018, 10:26
- Best player of Russia - Saudi Arabia match thanked God for the victory 15 June 2018, 17:01
- Football World Cup can close up people, mufti Tajuddin believes 15 June 2018, 15:00
- The holy relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov are brought to Oxford 15 June 2018, 10:27
- Putin lauds Russian Muslim communities' role in maintaining interethnic, interfaith peace 15 June 2018, 10:02
- Rahmon calls on Tajik people to display political vigilance, have modest feasts on Eid al-Fitr 14 June 2018, 15:04
- Russia's synagogues are ready to meet 10,000 Jewish football fans 13 June 2018, 18:34
- Orthodox believers pray before the Hong Kong Icon of the Mother of God for the future of the Church in China 13 June 2018, 17:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes success to Russian football team 13 June 2018, 16:11
- Nazarbayev invites pope to Astana for congress of religions 07 June 2018, 18:35
- Head of Byelorussian Ministry of Interior about LGBT: they won't go anywhere 07 June 2018, 16:54
- Russian priest stands for sobriety during Football World Cup 07 June 2018, 14:36
- Icons loaned to Lankton's museum in U.S. returned to Russia - Culture Ministry 06 June 2018, 18:07
- Russian Foreign Ministry condemns terror attack against Muslim clerics in Kabul 06 June 2018, 17:48
- Dodon stresses importance of Orthodoxy among Moldavia’s national priorities 06 June 2018, 14:43
- Investigators estimate price of icons, which weren't returned to Russia from U.S., at about 26 mln rubles 05 June 2018, 18:16
- Russian court arrests owner of U.S. museum of Russian icons in absentia, issues int'l arrest warrant 05 June 2018, 18:14
- Constantinople Patriarchate official to discuss Ukrainian Church's future in Georgia 05 June 2018, 18:10
- Football cup among homeless people to be held in Moscow on the eve of the World Cup 04 June 2018, 12:50
- Staging of Babchenko's death immoral deed - Metropolitan Hilarion 04 June 2018, 10:47