15 February 2011, 15:25
Ukrainian Orthodox Church urges to return its property both expropriated and given to schismatics
Kiev, February 15, Interfax - Head of press service of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church Vasily Anisimov speaks for adopting the law that will allow returning church property.
"Filaret's followers should return what they stole: the church cash and churches and property stolen by militants. It's necessary to adopt democratic legislation, to return the Church expropriated property including those transferred to schismatics," Anisimov said on Tuesday in his interview with Interfax-Religion.
Speaking about Denisenko, he noted that the latter had resources for lobbying his interests. According to him, when Leonid Kravchuk failed to win the elections in 1994, the schismatic leader for some time stayed without presidential support and police officers investigated commercial activities of his organization, "they were impressed that so many little companies were set up under his wing."
"They were involved in oil trading abroad and importing cars to Ukraine "criminally hiding from tax liabilities" for milliards of that time rubles, in importing various goods as "humanitarian aid," they even had structures involved in enlisting volunteers in hot spots of the CIS-countries, they existed under his wing," the interviewee of the agency reminded.
According to him, it is "a serious pseudoreligious business structures, the octopus, binding commerce, officials, he won't surrender without fight."
On the question what Ukrainian authorities can do to overcome schisms, Anisimov answered that "it's better they do nothing."
"The Church is separated from the state, president is a guarantee of the Constitution, of fulfilling the laws. If all illegalities made by the previous authorizes in relation to UOC will be eliminated - and it should be done - then the separations will be overcome by church methods rather than administrative," the church official said.
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57
- Adult adopted children of arrested Orenburg priest don't believe accusations against him 30 September 2019, 13:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't need autocephaly - church head 30 September 2019, 11:57
- Russian Church welcomes the news about reunion with "Russia exarchate" clerics 30 September 2019, 10:37
- Putin greets Russian Jews on Rosh Hashanah 30 September 2019, 10:30
- Absolute majority of Russian Exarchate clerics in Europe join Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2019, 19:42