16 February 2011, 12:23
Orientologists believe Muslim Brothers possible to come to power in Egypt
Moscow, February 16, Interfax - Orientologist Rakhamim Emanuilov and political expert Andrey Yashlavsky believe it possible that Muslim Brothers can win power in Egypt.
"Now when Mubarak is gone it is quite possible that Muslim Brothers can come to power," they write in their article published on Wednesday by the Moskovsky Komsomolets daily.
However, the authors believe, "it doesn't surely mean a catastrophe for Egypt as many use to think" because Brothers have potential to become quite a moderate movement capable of leading the country out of the crisis.
"Though there are many options. For example, it can be an Algerian scenario when the army pushes Islamists aside from power and leads the country to dictatorship or civil war," experts suppose.
They believe "mild" Turkish-type variant is also possible "when moderate Islamists stay in power, but do not infringe on secular character of the state, but "even under this scenario in case al-Ikhwan al-Muslimin (Muslim Brothers - IF) seize power there is no guarantee that Egypt will manage to preserve such fragile peace with Israel."
The authors don't exclude Iranian way "with Islamic revolution and theocracy."
"Certainly history does not repeat in details. Sunnite Egypt is not Shiite Iran. But it is not by chance that Iranian state officials attentively watch the Egypt events and urge the West not to interfere in Egyptian affairs," the Orientologists write supposing that "adepts of Western democracy will hardly manage to stay at the Egyptian political Olympus."
The authors also point out to the interesting, on their opinion, fact: the Russian Supreme Court included Muslim Brothers in federal list of organizations considered terrorist, and Brothers are banned to work in Russia.
"It is interesting how Russian-Egyptian dialogue will develop if Brothers win in Egypt," Orientologists wonder.
- Russian Orthodox Church official comments on patriarch's stance on 'Yekaterinburg remains' 18 July 2018, 17:20
- First Orthodox monastery opens in Japan 17 July 2018, 18:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 48,000 euros to Pussy Riot members over 2012 'punk prayer' case 17 July 2018, 13:27
- Russian Church takes notice of findings of new expert examination of imperial family remains – Legoyda (updated) 16 July 2018, 18:06
- Autocephaly is pillar of Ukrainian state - Poroshenko 16 July 2018, 17:33
- Moscow Patriarchate bishop dies in Athos 16 July 2018, 16:28
- Remains found near Yekaterinburg belong to Nicholas II, family - Russian Investigative Committee (updated) 16 July 2018, 12:23
- Memory of tragic death of imperial family to help rethink history - patriarch 16 July 2018, 10:11
- Patriarch visits Church on the Blood in Yekaterinburg 13 July 2018, 18:49
- Patriarch Kirill to lead 21-km procession in memory of Nicholas II's family 12 July 2018, 22:18
- Prosecutor seeks 7 years in penal colony for 'God Kuzya' for creation of sect, fraud 11 July 2018, 17:39
- Unrest in Ganja provoked by separatists, religious radicals, opposition - Azerbaijani presidential aide 11 July 2018, 14:29
- Imperial Orthodox Society denies connection to expulsion of Russian diplomats from Greece 11 July 2018, 13:37
- Putin again goes to Valaam Monastery 11 July 2018, 13:17
- Attempts of Russians to gain influence on Mount Athos resulted in diplomatic scandal - media 11 July 2018, 13:10
- Police clear protesters from chancellery of head of Armenian Church 10 July 2018, 17:57
- Patriarch Kirill, representatives of Constantinople Church discuss preserving inter-Orthodox unity 09 July 2018, 17:12
- Constantinople's response to Ukrainian Church's request for autocephaly to follow canonical logic - Russian Church official 09 July 2018, 13:24
- Church not planning to recognize authenticity of tsar's remains for 100th anniversary of killing of Nicholas II, family 09 July 2018, 13:16
- Onboard church started functioning at the Aurora cruiser first time after 1917 06 July 2018, 17:23
- Quarter-ton cakes to be baked in Kalmykia for Dalai Lama the 14th birthday 06 July 2018, 13:06
- Protesters break into Etchmiadzin Monastery, demand resignation of Armenian catholicos 06 July 2018, 12:42
- Constantinople Church never laid claim to Ukrainian Metropolitanate taken over by Russian Orthodox Church in 17th century – theologian 06 July 2018, 12:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not recommend to marry adherents of other religious traditions at backgrounds of the Mundial 02 July 2018, 13:55
- The House of Romanov official: expertise of the ‘Yekaterinburg remains’ is not completed 02 July 2018, 11:00
- Rumors about temporary nature of transferring the Metropolitanate of Kiev to the Moscow Patriarchate 300 years ago have no confirmation - Metropolitan Hilarion 29 June 2018, 13:55
- Delegation of the Constantinople Patriarchate will come to Moscow on July 9 for discussing the topic of Ukrainian autocephaly 29 June 2018, 13:16
- Legitimization of Ukrainian schism could cause bloodshed - Moscow Patriarchate 28 June 2018, 16:50
- After Istanbul visit, Ukrainian Orthodox Church hierarchs dismiss rumors of Constantinople Patriarchate's intention to grant autocephaly 26 June 2018, 19:07
- The hunting control service believes bears in Murmansk 'learned' the schedule of church feasts 26 June 2018, 18:33