16 February 2011, 12:23
Orientologists believe Muslim Brothers possible to come to power in Egypt
Moscow, February 16, Interfax - Orientologist Rakhamim Emanuilov and political expert Andrey Yashlavsky believe it possible that Muslim Brothers can win power in Egypt.
"Now when Mubarak is gone it is quite possible that Muslim Brothers can come to power," they write in their article published on Wednesday by the Moskovsky Komsomolets daily.
However, the authors believe, "it doesn't surely mean a catastrophe for Egypt as many use to think" because Brothers have potential to become quite a moderate movement capable of leading the country out of the crisis.
"Though there are many options. For example, it can be an Algerian scenario when the army pushes Islamists aside from power and leads the country to dictatorship or civil war," experts suppose.
They believe "mild" Turkish-type variant is also possible "when moderate Islamists stay in power, but do not infringe on secular character of the state, but "even under this scenario in case al-Ikhwan al-Muslimin (Muslim Brothers - IF) seize power there is no guarantee that Egypt will manage to preserve such fragile peace with Israel."
The authors don't exclude Iranian way "with Islamic revolution and theocracy."
"Certainly history does not repeat in details. Sunnite Egypt is not Shiite Iran. But it is not by chance that Iranian state officials attentively watch the Egypt events and urge the West not to interfere in Egyptian affairs," the Orientologists write supposing that "adepts of Western democracy will hardly manage to stay at the Egyptian political Olympus."
The authors also point out to the interesting, on their opinion, fact: the Russian Supreme Court included Muslim Brothers in federal list of organizations considered terrorist, and Brothers are banned to work in Russia.
"It is interesting how Russian-Egyptian dialogue will develop if Brothers win in Egypt," Orientologists wonder.
- New church of Ukraine in contact with SBU, but doesn't coordinate actions – Filaret 21 January 2019, 12:39
- Group of Ukrainian parliamentarians challenges constitutionality of law obliging Ukrainian Orthodox Church to change its name 21 January 2019, 12:06
- Patriarch of Antioch says opposes actions aimed at dividing Orthodox 18 January 2019, 14:34
- Most valuables not missing from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra - deputy minister 18 January 2019, 14:32
- Putin invited to Belgrade to attend consecration of Cathedral of Saint Sava 18 January 2019, 14:15
- Church takeovers leitmotif of Ukrainian presidential campaign - Russian Orthodox Church 18 January 2019, 14:07
- Enthronement of Yepifaniy to be held on Feb 3 18 January 2019, 12:16
- Russia to return page of ancient Gospel to Serbia, Belgrade to return Roerich's pictures to Russia – Putin 18 January 2019, 12:13
- Ukraine's Opposition Bloc to appeal bill on subordination of religious communities to Constitutional Court 17 January 2019, 17:31
- Ukrainian law on joining new church makes seizing churches easier - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2019, 17:24
- Rada passes bill on transition of communities from one church to another 17 January 2019, 17:12
- Attempts are being made to divide Antioch Church - al-Assad 17 January 2019, 15:02
- Georgian Church to voice stance on Ukrainian autocephaly, govt not interfering - FM 16 January 2019, 18:58
- Metropolitan of Zaporozhye accuses Ukraine of attempt to 'drag God by his beard' 16 January 2019, 16:11
- Ukraine wants to re-register Kiev-Pechersk Lavra or take it away from UOC of Moscow Patriarchate - Metropolitan Pavel 16 January 2019, 16:03
- Putin describes establishment of new church in Ukraine as 'dangerous politicking' (updated) 16 January 2019, 13:43
- Inter-confessional accord in Ukraine sacrificed to Poroshenko's campaign - Putin 16 January 2019, 11:15
- Poroshenko guarantees protection to those who remain faithful to Moscow Patriarchate 15 January 2019, 16:50
- Homeless man detained on suspicion of setting fire to building at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra 15 January 2019, 14:25
- Fire at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's building contained to area of 400 sq m 14 January 2019, 21:02
- Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's 2-storey building on fire 14 January 2019, 19:06
- Rights activists report detention of 40 LGBT in Chechnya, Grozny official says it's 'absolute lie' 14 January 2019, 15:13
- Poroshenko decorates 2 metropolitans who joined new church from UOC with Order of Prince Yaroslav Mudry 14 January 2019, 13:41
- Media review: "Metropolitan Hilarion: Russian Orthodox Church was born in Kiev, not in Moscow or St. Petersburg" 14 January 2019, 12:14
- The Ukrainian Orthodox Church compared Ukraine's new church to "Titanic" 11 January 2019, 18:52
- Georgian president doesn't hurry to congratulate Ukraine on granting autocephaly 11 January 2019, 18:47
- Culture Minister's statement on icons missing from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra is provocation - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 11 January 2019, 17:35
- Georgian Church needs time to decide on recognizing Ukraine's autocephaly 10 January 2019, 14:39
- Tomos returns from Istanbul to Ukraine 10 January 2019, 14:34
- If Georgia recognizes Ukraine's autocephaly, Russia to recognize Abkhaz Church's independence - Burjanadze 09 January 2019, 18:55