16 February 2011, 12:23
Orientologists believe Muslim Brothers possible to come to power in Egypt
Moscow, February 16, Interfax - Orientologist Rakhamim Emanuilov and political expert Andrey Yashlavsky believe it possible that Muslim Brothers can win power in Egypt.
"Now when Mubarak is gone it is quite possible that Muslim Brothers can come to power," they write in their article published on Wednesday by the Moskovsky Komsomolets daily.
However, the authors believe, "it doesn't surely mean a catastrophe for Egypt as many use to think" because Brothers have potential to become quite a moderate movement capable of leading the country out of the crisis.
"Though there are many options. For example, it can be an Algerian scenario when the army pushes Islamists aside from power and leads the country to dictatorship or civil war," experts suppose.
They believe "mild" Turkish-type variant is also possible "when moderate Islamists stay in power, but do not infringe on secular character of the state, but "even under this scenario in case al-Ikhwan al-Muslimin (Muslim Brothers - IF) seize power there is no guarantee that Egypt will manage to preserve such fragile peace with Israel."
The authors don't exclude Iranian way "with Islamic revolution and theocracy."
"Certainly history does not repeat in details. Sunnite Egypt is not Shiite Iran. But it is not by chance that Iranian state officials attentively watch the Egypt events and urge the West not to interfere in Egyptian affairs," the Orientologists write supposing that "adepts of Western democracy will hardly manage to stay at the Egyptian political Olympus."
The authors also point out to the interesting, on their opinion, fact: the Russian Supreme Court included Muslim Brothers in federal list of organizations considered terrorist, and Brothers are banned to work in Russia.
"It is interesting how Russian-Egyptian dialogue will develop if Brothers win in Egypt," Orientologists wonder.
- Epiphany bathing held at the pole of cold in Yakutia at 63 degrees below zero 19 January 2018, 16:34
- Putin's Epiphany dip shown in media because it took place in public with many believers present - Peskov 19 January 2018, 16:13
- Putin takes part in Orthodox Epiphany bathing in Tver Region monastery 19 January 2018, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox priests to consecrate all oceans on Epiphany eve 18 January 2018, 15:58
- Continued attacks on churches of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2018, 16:42
- Priest Grozovsky to appeal 14-year pedophilia sentence 17 January 2018, 10:32
- Priest Grozovsky gets 14 years in high-security prison for pedophilia 17 January 2018, 10:12
- Directorate of Muslims of Uzbekistan disagrees with U.S. State Dept analysis of religious freedom in republic 15 January 2018, 16:24
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin defines New Valaam Monastery relics saved by Finland as unifying force 15 January 2018, 10:44
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Russians have become more intolerant to treachery, abortions and homosexual connections for twenty years - poll 11 January 2018, 17:56
- Brother of leader of Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan calls on extremists to 'open their eyes' 11 January 2018, 17:39
- Orthodox children in Syrian Latakia received Christmas gifts from Moscow parish 09 January 2018, 18:41
- St. Petersburg among Russia's top three most popular places to spend Orthodox Christmas 09 January 2018, 14:36
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by social disintegration 07 January 2018, 16:57
- Church not going to hinder expert work on "Yekaterinburg remains" - Patriarch Kirill 07 January 2018, 16:56
- Putin offers Christmas greetings to Orthodox Christians 07 January 2018, 11:18
- Russia can have twice as many churches in 30 years - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:26
- Not less than 120 churches in Syria need to be restored - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:02
- Priestly ordination gives Feodor Konyukhov special power, his wife believes 25 December 2017, 16:31
- No one needs conflict in Donbass, it weakens all those involved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 13:06
- All conditions of prisoner exchange in Donbass approved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 11:43
- All ethnic and religious groups, parties and armed groups invited to Syrian National Dialogue Congress - Shoigu 22 December 2017, 17:40
- Scharansky is impressed by positive changes in life of Russian Jews 22 December 2017, 10:51
- Vucic invites Putin to Belgrade for 800th anniversary of autocephaly of Serbian Orthodox Church 20 December 2017, 10:43
- Governors should be evaluated for their affairs, not longevity of their rule, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 18 December 2017, 20:39
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls provocation Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital 18 December 2017, 16:01
- Not only Jews should participate in visits to Auschwitz, president of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia believes 18 December 2017, 14:52