24 February 2011, 14:12
Kadyrov is looking for another wife
*** His wife does not object
Moscow, February 24, Interfax - Head of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov once again supports the idea of polygamy.
"If a man wishes, let him get married (if he already has one wife - IF)," Kadyrov said in an interview published Thursday by Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.
According to him, "if there is love, a man can have four wives."
"If you are able to put up a house and provide equal conditions to all women and not violate their rights, Sharia law gives you the possibility to marry four times. It is better than having one or two lovers, problems at home and children who have nothing to eat. But you can marry the second wife, only if the first wife allows you to do so," Kadyrov said.
He also answered the question why he still had only one wife: "Now, I am looking for another wife, and I cannot find the one beautiful enough. When I find one, I get married immediately. I am always looking for the best bride, and I am not walking on my wife. She does not object."
Kadyrov has already urged polygamy in the republic before.
Liberal Democratic Party leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky shares Kadyrov's view that there is nothing wrong with polygamy as a Muslim tradition.
"You have polygamy. I am the only one in Russia supporting this. But you don't take this into account for some reason. Everyone is against it. They say, 'It's against the constitution.' I say, 'Why, it's a tradition!' This is not obligatory and not for everybody. But if this exists, we should not object," Zhirinovsky said in an interview shown on the Grozny TV channel in Chechnya.
- Russia's historical mission is to keep Europe from breaking away from the Christian tradition - Foreign Intelligence Service chief 22 October 2019, 11:54
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57