23 March 2011, 18:02
New vice-chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations
Moscow, March 23, Interfax - The Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church at its meeting on March 22 in Moscow appointed Hegumen Philaret (Bulekov), who represented the Moscow Patriarchate at the Council of Europe and was rector of the Parish of All Saints in Strasbourg, as vice-chairman of the Department for External Church Relations.
He will be replaced as representative to the Council of Europe and rector of All Saint's by Hegumen Philip (Riabykh), who was previously a DECR vice-chairman, the DECR communication service reports.
Hegumen Philaret (his secular name is Alexander Bulekov) was born in 1967 in Moscow. He finished Special Physics and Mathematics School No. 2 in Moscow in 1984. From 1984-1990 he studied physics at the Moscow State University. In 1991 he entered the Moscow Theological Seminary. In 1998 he graduated from the Moscow Theological Academy with the degree of Candidate of Theology.
He worked at the Moscow Patriarchate's Publishing Department from 1988-1991. From 1991-1991 he worked as researcher of the DECR section for inter-Christian relations. He acted as DECR Communication Service director from 1993-1996. Ordained deacon in 1996. From 1997-1999 - secretary of the Moscow Patriarchate Representation to the Patriarch of Antioch and All the East in Damascus. From 2000-2004 - rector of the Parish of St. Sergius of Radonezh in Johannesburg, South Africa. In 2002 he was elevated to the rank of hegumen.
Since 2004 he worked as Russian Orthodox Church Representative to the Council of Europe and rector of the Parish of All Saints in Strasbourg.
- Russian Catholics don’t believe in islamization of Europe 07 June 2019, 15:30
- Leaders, members of 15 Jehovah's Witnesses cells held in Dagestan 07 June 2019, 10:55
- World will be better if people follow Bible, Torah, Koran - Putin 06 June 2019, 18:01
- Russian Catholics urge not to have illusions about possible pontiff's visit to Moscow 06 June 2019, 17:05
- The Russian Orthodox Church is not ready to welcome the Pope of Rome in Moscow 06 June 2019, 16:04
- Putin to meet with Pope Francis 06 June 2019, 14:34
- Russian Jews pray for “lifting up” the soul of the reposed wife of the Israel’s president 06 June 2019, 11:32
- Russia's Jews present country as example of tolerance for Europe 04 June 2019, 18:48
- Remembrance of Great Patriotic War protects Russia from xenophobia, anti-Semitism - Putin 04 June 2019, 17:48
- Putin attends unveiling of monument to heroes of resistance in concentration camps 04 June 2019, 17:41
- Russian Muslim community plays major role in combating extremist ideology - PM Medvedev 04 June 2019, 11:28
- Putin notes Russian Muslims' contribution to peoples' unity, fight against extremism 04 June 2019, 11:25
- Last Sobibor uprising survivor dies 03 June 2019, 18:17
- Kiev Patriarchate does not exist, never existed - Patriarch Bartholomew 03 June 2019, 14:54
- Constantinople cannot solve complicated religious situation in Ukraine - Russian Orthodox Church 30 May 2019, 19:45
- Putin congratulates Jews on Salvation and Liberation Day 30 May 2019, 19:00
- Protests against construction of churches plotted by outside forces - Russian Orthodox Church 28 May 2019, 18:42
- Church on site of first Russian settlement Fort Ross in U.S. to be restored 28 May 2019, 17:27
- Russian Orthodox Church to open churches in Cyprus, Sweden 28 May 2019, 17:26
- Yekaterinburg residents offer some 50 sites for church construction 27 May 2019, 18:37
- Patriarch Kirill in meeting with Mijatovic asks Council of Europe to control observance of believers' rights in Ukraine 27 May 2019, 18:35
- Churches in Russia to keep being built as long as people need it - Patriarch Kirill 27 May 2019, 18:14
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for end to discrimination against Orthodox Christians in Ukraine under new president 27 May 2019, 18:13
- Europe, Russia should turn over page of misunderstanding - Patriarch Kirill 27 May 2019, 17:18
- Patriarch Kirill tells secretary general of Council of Europe is concerned about human rights issues 27 May 2019, 14:14
- Putin, Patriarch Kirill discuss matter of plans to build Yekaterinburg church – Peskov 27 May 2019, 13:42
- Metropolitan Kirill compares situation with church construction in Yekaterinburg to tsar's family killing 27 May 2019, 12:31
- Patriarch Kirill sanctifies Church of All Saints in Strasbourg 27 May 2019, 11:27
- Hegumen arrested after stabbing, injuring monk at Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius 24 May 2019, 19:10
- Putin congratulates Patriarch Kirill on name day, suggests he loosen up work schedule 24 May 2019, 17:48