04 April 2011, 15:13
Faberge exhibition to open next week in Vatican
Moscow, April 4, Interfax - Russian private collection of Carl Faberge jewelry that belong to The Link of Times Foundation will open in Vatican late last week.
"For the first time ever The Link of Times cultural-historical foundation will represent in Vatican the world biggest private collection of the great Russian jeweler Carl Faberge. Faberge. Holy Images exhibition will be held in Vatican museums, in Rafael Hall from April 15 to June 11, 2011," organizers of the exhibition told Interfax on Monday.
There are over 140 Faberge items in Vatican museums. Until now the foundation The Link of Times exhibited only 80 items of its collection.
The exhibition will represent masterpieces of the Romanov family's court jeweler including nine imperial Easter eggs - Alexander III and Nicholas II gifts to their wives on Easter, the egg The 15th Jubilee of Reign with miniature watercolor scenes of main historical events of the19th-20th centuries, the Coronation egg of 1897.
Earlier Russian businessman Viktor Vekselberg informed that The Link of Times Foundation spent over a year in talks with Vatican regarding the organization of the Faberge exhibition at the Vatican Museum. The lengthy negotiating period was due to the high requirements set by the museum for the collection, he said.
"The collection for exposition was selected by Vatican specialists, it includes 180 exhibits showing Russia's history and the tragic history of the royal family, because some objects were commissioned by Nicholas II who tragically died," the businessman said.
In 2004 Vekselberg acquired private collection of Faberge items from a family of American media magnates. According to unofficial data the cost of transaction is about 100 mln dollars.
- Radical Islamists step up work among young Russians - Patrushev 30 October 2020, 19:49
- Religious extremist organizations trying to strengthen their positions in Russia using migrants 30 October 2020, 19:48
- Russian mufti condemns attacks on innocent people, calls on Muslims to be above those who slander Islam 30 October 2020, 18:01
- Kremlin sees no connection between attack on police station in Tatarstan and events in France (updated) 30 October 2020, 16:41
- FJCR President puts on Charlie Hebdo indirect blame for the attack on church in Nice 30 October 2020, 13:42
- No world religions accept ideas of extremism - Peskov 30 October 2020, 13:26
- Tatarstan Interior Ministry denies Kukmor assailant was on police books as extremist-minded person 30 October 2020, 13:14
- Teenager who attacked police station in Tatarstan did not go to local mosques 30 October 2020, 11:50
- Islamist teenager shot dead after attacking police station in Russia's Tatarstan 30 October 2020, 11:08
- Patriarch Kirill condemns Nice attack disguised by religious slogans 29 October 2020, 20:07
- Muslims holding unauthorized protest outside French embassy in Moscow 29 October 2020, 17:57
- Kremlin comments on Chechen authorities' plans to pay 100,000 rubles for naming newborns after Prophet Muhammad 29 October 2020, 16:34
- Putin calls attack at Nice church 'cynical, brutal crime,' says Russians share French people's anger, grief - Kremlin 29 October 2020, 16:33
- Religious affiliation in Russia in no way criterion for appointment, election to state posts - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:45
- Magazine similar to France's Charlie Hebdo impossible in Russia - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:35
- Unacceptable to insult feelings of believers, kill people for religious reasons - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:32
- Kremlin describes Nice church attack as 'absolutely horrific tragedy' 29 October 2020, 14:30
- Kadyrov describes his words addressed to Macron as gesture of Muslim, not politician 29 October 2020, 10:00
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy refuses to go to questionings for fear of contracting Covid-19 28 October 2020, 20:07
- Russian Orthodox Church shocked by changes at Istanbul's Chora Monastery recently turned into mosque 28 October 2020, 20:02
- Prosecutors seeking 18 years in penal colony for head of Russian cell of Aum Shinrikyo 28 October 2020, 18:14
- Kantor reelected president of European Jewish Congress 28 October 2020, 15:12
- Kadyrov urges Macron to stop backing publication of Prophet Muhammad cartoons 27 October 2020, 18:20
- Russian court rejects appeal from Jehovah's Witness from Denmark on replacing remaining prison term with fine 27 October 2020, 18:14
- Russia has 1 mln Jews - FJCR 27 October 2020, 10:56
- Head of the Church of Cyprus recognizes OCU autocephaly 26 October 2020, 13:30
- Tikhanovskaya urges religious communities to support the strike 26 October 2020, 12:07
- Head of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Kirov was fined for about 6,500 USD 23 October 2020, 18:32
- Over 20 "caliphate builders" exposed in North Caucasus 23 October 2020, 12:38
- Russian Church concerned about possibility of illegal use of personal data 22 October 2020, 20:15