04 April 2011, 15:13
Faberge exhibition to open next week in Vatican
Moscow, April 4, Interfax - Russian private collection of Carl Faberge jewelry that belong to The Link of Times Foundation will open in Vatican late last week.
"For the first time ever The Link of Times cultural-historical foundation will represent in Vatican the world biggest private collection of the great Russian jeweler Carl Faberge. Faberge. Holy Images exhibition will be held in Vatican museums, in Rafael Hall from April 15 to June 11, 2011," organizers of the exhibition told Interfax on Monday.
There are over 140 Faberge items in Vatican museums. Until now the foundation The Link of Times exhibited only 80 items of its collection.
The exhibition will represent masterpieces of the Romanov family's court jeweler including nine imperial Easter eggs - Alexander III and Nicholas II gifts to their wives on Easter, the egg The 15th Jubilee of Reign with miniature watercolor scenes of main historical events of the19th-20th centuries, the Coronation egg of 1897.
Earlier Russian businessman Viktor Vekselberg informed that The Link of Times Foundation spent over a year in talks with Vatican regarding the organization of the Faberge exhibition at the Vatican Museum. The lengthy negotiating period was due to the high requirements set by the museum for the collection, he said.
"The collection for exposition was selected by Vatican specialists, it includes 180 exhibits showing Russia's history and the tragic history of the royal family, because some objects were commissioned by Nicholas II who tragically died," the businessman said.
In 2004 Vekselberg acquired private collection of Faberge items from a family of American media magnates. According to unofficial data the cost of transaction is about 100 mln dollars.
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22