15 April 2011, 17:16
Jews treat mufti's idea to add crescent to Russia's emblem with humour
*** They propose to increase the number of eagle's heads
Moscow, April 15, Interfax - The Jewish community of Russia took humorous approach to Talgat Tajuddin's idea of featuring crescent moon on the Russian state emblem so that "not a single enemy" could use the religious factor to the detriment of "the unity and integrity of our motherland."
"Frankly speaking, it is hard to treat such proposal seriously," Andrey Glotser, spokesman for the Russian chief rabbi, told Interfax-Religion Friday.
In his turn, he proposed a "funny alternative" option on the part of the Federation of Jewish Communities.
"If you remember, the Soviet emblem featured a slogan "Workers of the World, Unite!" in 15 languages of all Soviet republics. We can put some other inspiring slogan in some one or two hundred languages of Russia's small nations and add the same number of heads to the eagle," Glotser said and recalled that UNESCO counted 136 disappearing languages in Russia in 2009.
"Then we are sure to have a strong and multi-headed eagle," Glotser said.
- Russia's historical mission is to keep Europe from breaking away from the Christian tradition - Foreign Intelligence Service chief 22 October 2019, 11:54
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57