24 August 2011, 11:21
Inflatable Catholic church to be brought to Kamchatka
Moscow, August 23, Interfax - Rector of the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsk Catholic parish Krzysztof Kowal will bring an inflatable church from Poland to Kamchatka.
Today, there is not a single Catholic church on the peninsula, the Russian BBC Service reports.
"This is a real Gothic structure which stirs a lot of interest. Many people are unaware that there is a Catholic priest in the city, as there is no real Catholic church; and when we get together at home people think we are some kind of a sect," the priest said.
A 100-kilogram church will be available to parishioners from September 15.
Father Krzysztof will move the church to different locations from time to time.
- Russian Orthodox Church considering accepting Alexandria clergy who don't want to recognize Ukrainian schism 24 September 2021, 17:40
- Patriarch of Constantinople who visited Kiev has no right to speak on behalf of Orthodox world - Russian Church 24 September 2021, 17:24
- Russian Prosecutor General's Office designates two Scientology organizations undesirable 24 September 2021, 16:58
- Five Jehovah's Witnesses convicted in Russia's Volgograd Region 24 September 2021, 10:10
- Court dismisses appeal against forcible treatment of Yakutia shaman Gabyshev 23 September 2021, 15:22
- FJCR calls on Ukrainian authorities to expand definition of anti-Semitism 23 September 2021, 15:18
- Krasny Pakhar Jamaat added to Russian list of terrorist groups 22 September 2021, 16:29
- Ukraine adopts law on fight against anti-Semitism 22 September 2021, 13:38
- Afghanistan must form inclusive govt - SCO summit declaration 17 September 2021, 17:12
- Patriarch Kirill doubts legitimacy of authority of Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople 16 September 2021, 16:38
- Jehovah's Witness jailed for 3 years in Kostroma 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witness from Pskov Region gets suspended sentence 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Putin notes contribution of Jewish religious organizations to interethnic peace, accord 06 September 2021, 14:26
- Metropolitan Hilarion compared Patriarch Bartholomew to a robber and a thief 06 September 2021, 10:52
- Russian Church concerned about the fate of Christians in Afghanistan 06 September 2021, 10:43
- Supporters of radical Islam held in Tula 06 September 2021, 10:36
- Defrocked priest Sergy's supporter remanded in custody – court 02 September 2021, 18:13
- More than 5.5 thousand clerics and monks of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia have been ill with coronavirus 02 September 2021, 14:36
- More than 2.5 million people have visited the Jewish Museum in Moscow during its nine years of operation 02 September 2021, 14:31
- Lithuanian president promises not to allow LGBT history to be taught in schools 02 September 2021, 14:25
- Associate of former schema-hegumen Sergy detained in hatred fanning case 01 September 2021, 15:26
- Complaints about threats from Male State community should be processed by law enforcement agencies - Peskov 31 August 2021, 14:57
- Taliban to present themselves as less radical to get investments – expert 31 August 2021, 13:45
- Russian Justice Ministry adds 4 Ukrainian and Latvian religious movements to list of groups undesirable in Russia 30 August 2021, 18:12
- The church historian called the results of Patriarch Bartholomew's visit to Ukraine deplorable 30 August 2021, 16:04
- More than 500 Orthodox churches to be built in Moscow 30 August 2021, 11:07
- Russian authorities to check the construction of a closed "halal" village near Moscow 30 August 2021, 10:49
- Patriarch Kirill calls the visit of the Constantinople primate to Kiev sinful 30 August 2021, 10:40
- Organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 26 August 2021, 15:55
- Patriarch Bartholomew doesn't attend celebrations on 30th anniversary of Ukraine's independence at Kiev's St. Sophia Cathedral 24 August 2021, 17:51