06 October 2011, 16:38
Russian Islamologist doesn't exclude reign of Sunnite monarchies in the Middle East
Moscow, October 6, Interfax - "Arabian spring" and further events can bring Sunnite monarchies to leading positions in the Middle East region, president of Religion and Politics Institute Islamologist Alexander Ignatenko believes.
In his article published by NG-Religii he says that Arabian monarchial regimes are "moving force of leading counterrevolution," and historically all of them are Sunnite as their governing groups.
According to the author, the "Holy Union" is being formed in the Middle East similar to the union set up in 1815 in Europe on the initiative of Russian tsar Alexander I for mutual support of Christian sovereigns and all monarchs of continental Europe except Pope of Rome and Turkish sultan gradually joint it.
Ignatenko writes that the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf including Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, the Saudi Arabia, which has opened its doors to Jordan and Morocco, transforms from the union on territorial bases to a religious and political union as all mentioned states are Sunnite monarchies.
According to the expert, the "Holy Union" can be expanded when American and other coalition troops leave Iraq and "it can't be ruled out that there will be a vacuum of force in Iraq and then Turkey (from the north) and Iran (from south-east) will try to invade the country.
In this case a Sunnite state can appear in the so called Sunnite triangle alongside with Kurdish in the north and Shiite in south Iraq.
"Thus hopes of Arabs for spring blossom of republicanism in the region will be buried. Arabian winter - rule of conservative monarchial regimes - will come to force in the Middle East," Ignatenko summed up.
- Jehovah's Witnesses detained in Perm 20 September 2018, 15:23
- Poroshenko promises state protection for clergy, laity of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate who join unified local church 20 September 2018, 14:11
- Putin attends sanctification ceremony for foundation stone of military's main church at Patriot Park 20 September 2018, 10:00
- Russian Church to help Syria return to peaceful life - Patriarch Kirill 19 September 2018, 10:00
- Putin, Erdogan didn't discuss conflict between Russian Orthodox Church, Constantinople – Peskov 18 September 2018, 12:23
- Constantinople exarch in Kiev collects works of Ukrainian nationalists 18 September 2018, 10:20
- Constantinople's exarch says willing to cooperate with "Kiev Patriarchate" 17 September 2018, 19:01
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls Constantinople policy mean 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion recommends Constantinople to form "one local Church in America" 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses U.S. of deliberately destroying Russian Orthodox Church 17 September 2018, 11:32
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarchate of Constantinople status might be reviewed 14 September 2018, 21:55
- Patriarch Kirill's spokesman likens state of Moscow-Constantinople relations with yellow traffic light 14 September 2018, 21:53
- Moscow Patriarchate suspends mentioning of Patriarch Bartholomew in prayers at church services 14 September 2018, 21:48
- Constantinople Patriarchate has no right to interfere in Ukrainian church affairs - Metropolitan Onufry 14 September 2018, 15:29
- Constantinople has 'tradition' of encouraging schisms in Russian Orthodox Church - Patriarch Kirill 14 September 2018, 15:14
- Moldovan president proposes outlawing gay prides 14 September 2018, 14:31
- Kremlin following current session of Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church - Peskov 14 September 2018, 14:23
- UOC official believes most of its parishioners won't leave for Constantinople's "autocephaly" 14 September 2018, 09:43
- Russian Orthodox Church Holy Synod to hold extraordinary meeting on Sept 14 13 September 2018, 20:55
- Situation surrounding Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Kiev is state's brutal interference in Church affairs - Russian Foreign Ministry 13 September 2018, 17:15
- Metropolitan Hilarion meets with apostolic nuncio to Russia 13 September 2018, 14:07
- Greece's visa denial to Metropolitan Varsonofy scandalous - Moscow Patriarchate 13 September 2018, 13:06
- Constantinople's actions can result in a schism in Orthodoxy, exceeding the Great Schism of 1054, Russian church official says 13 September 2018, 13:03
- The Russian Orthodox Church urges UOC believers to unite around Metropolitan Onufry 13 September 2018, 11:53
- Constantinople legates arrive in Ukraine - sources 12 September 2018, 19:31
- Metropolitan Onufry calls on flock to stay faithful to the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 12 September 2018, 17:08
- Tajik authorities see no need for religious party in country 12 September 2018, 16:26
- Washington stands behind Constantinople's actions in Ukraine - historian 12 September 2018, 11:28
- New church schism in Ukraine will be more dangerous than NATO expansion - expert 12 September 2018, 10:31
- Washington pledges support for Kiev in struggle for right to have united autocephalous Orthodox church 12 September 2018, 09:53