31 October 2011, 17:51
Three Hizb ut-Tahrir activists seized in Bashkortostan
Ufa, October 31, Interfax - A covert unit of the Hizb ut-Tahrir international terrorist organization, outlawed by the Russian Supreme Court, has been seized in Sibai, Bashkortostan, the republican department of the Federal Security Service said.
The organizer and leader of the group, native of the Baimak district of Bashkortostan, Ramil Sharipov, was taken into custody. He was a witness to a Hizb ut-Tahrir case in 2008. The police also detained his two close associates - Rinat Arginbayev, who joined the organization in 2010, and Rustem Gibadatov.
One of them was recruiting new members to Hizb ut-Tahrir in Sibai and the other hosted meetings of the extremists at his home, the department said.
The detainees were engaged in Hizb ut-Tahrir propaganda in Bashkortostan, recruited local residents to the organization for stirring up separatist feelings with the goal of changing the political and state structure of Russia, and took purposeful efforts to split the society and to create conditions for a change of the constitutional system, the department said.
Plenty of magazines, brochures, leaflets and video films were seized in the searches done at the suspects' homes on October 21. All of those materials were proclaimed extremist by court.
The unit's leader and his accomplices were charged with organizing an extremist organization on October 27.
Sharipov made partial confessions, and the confessions of Gibadatov and Arginbayev were full.
The investigation continues.
Hizb ut-Tahrir units were neutralized in Birsk, Tuimazy, Sterlitamak, Salavat and Ufa in Bashkortostan in June to early October 2011. Six supporters of the international terrorist organization acting in Kumertau and Tuimazy were sentenced.
Hizb ut-Tahrir started its activity in Bashkortostan in 2001. It spread to a number of towns and cities later on.
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57
- Adult adopted children of arrested Orenburg priest don't believe accusations against him 30 September 2019, 13:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't need autocephaly - church head 30 September 2019, 11:57
- Russian Church welcomes the news about reunion with "Russia exarchate" clerics 30 September 2019, 10:37
- Putin greets Russian Jews on Rosh Hashanah 30 September 2019, 10:30
- Absolute majority of Russian Exarchate clerics in Europe join Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2019, 19:42